Serious Lick Question

Kernal27

Has he been heard of anywhere since leaving? Rarely, when someone is dismissed do they go away without any kind of remark. Not sure what I expect him to say or maybe I have missed something, but was just curious.

Until we do hear from him, I'm going to work on the assumption that he's going with the motto of "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." which doesn't surprise me...he's never seemed to be a sour grapes type.

Lick didn't work out as a coach here, but he still is a good guy in my book. Don't see him as being the type of guy to throw grenades on his way out like some other previous coach that I will not name.

Lick didn't work out as a coach here, but he still is a good guy in my book. Don't see him as being the type of guy to throw grenades on his way out like some other previous coach that I will not name.

agree with Boat, Lick's a good guy, good mid-major coach, good family guy who was not ready to run a Big Ten BB Program, actually the best thing to happen to Hawkeye BB was Alford and Lick because we took Mr. Davis for granted. Fran has learned from Lick and Alford's mistakes and is off to a great start. Now if he can convince some 4 or 5 star players to move to iowa city look out world.

He made $6 million dollars for doing a crappy job!! He is still laughing too hard to say anything!

In all due seriousness, he may be a great guy, but he SHOULD keep his mouth shut. There is nothing he could say that would justify the poor performances.

What planet do you live on, SirJamaLot?

"... the best thing to happen to Hawkeye BB was Alford and Lick because we took Mr. Davis for granted."

Are you insane? Right, the best thing that ever happened at Iowa was we sucked, which allowed us to appreciate our former coach. Nice logic.

Even if those two allowed some to better appreciate TD, that hardly means thewy were the best thing to ever happen to Iowa basketball.

If you REALLY think that, then you should have your head examined.

Re: What planet do you live on, SirJamaLot?

"... the best thing to happen to Hawkeye BB was Alford and Lick because we took Mr. Davis for granted."

Are you insane? Right, the best thing that ever happened at Iowa was we sucked, which allowed us to appreciate our former coach. Nice logic.

Even if those two allowed some to better appreciate TD, that hardly means thewy were the best thing to ever happen to Iowa basketball.

If you REALLY think that, then you should have your head examined.

When you look back at Mr. Davis's years they look pretty good compared to Alford's and Lick's. Most Hawkeye fans don't realize how hard it is to win in BB at Iowa with our lack of population and recruiting base, plus our facilities and lack of practice facility have fallen behind the times. Fran has done his homework and is trying not to make the same mistakes alford and lick did. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you get better and we hit rock bottom last season! Hawks in the 2011 NIT!

The best thing to happen to Iowa basketball isn't named Bucky, Ralph, Lute, or Tom?

Anybody know if he's still even living in IC?

Gary Dolphin was interviewed Friday on ESPN 1600 out of Cedar Rapids. When asked, he said that he was told that while the house is for sale, the Lickliters didn't plan on moving until the end of the school year. That is just days away. He also said that he did get an email from Lick about wanting to meet one last time before they moved.

Latest posts