Second worst officiated game of the conference slate thus far

Michigan got a few home cooking calls but this game was not called that poorly. This is bad form for us to even have this thread. We make fun of clowns for complaining over calls every game and then we do it.

Well it was the same crew that gave us the number one worst officiated game in Wisconsin. Should we be the least bit surprised this game went the way it did? This game was fixed from the get go.

Seratore or whatever his name is a joke, worst official in the B1G behind Valentine. Quickly becoming my least favorite official now that Hightower has retired. Guaranteed hose job on Iowa every time he has us.

While it wasn't great it wasn't horrible. But you guys do realize two of the officals were the two that gave FM the T's at Wisconsin so Iowa wasn't about to get any close calls.

Seratore or whatever his name is a joke, worst official in the B1G behind Valentine. Quickly becoming my least favorite official now that Hightower has retired. Guaranteed hose job on Iowa every time he has us.

We could have played better for sure, but I can't help but feel they had a grudge to settle with Fran tonight. I'm just glad we get to play them again at home this year.

Pretty much what I expected for a road game. The officiating was a non-factor, though. Iowa got outplayed.

A few bad calls, both ways, but the refs had nothing to do with this loss.
Marble 3 consecutive turnovers were a killer.
We couldn't get open looks from outside, so Oglesby, McCabe and others were no-show.

It still amazes me how, after 30+ years of watching Iowa BB, how teams are able to shoot the 3 against us, better than their season average.

This game will be a learning experience on how to improve.
Losing at Michigan is nothing to be disappointed at, considering how few points Michigan scored.

I thought the refs were fine. Really.There was a lot of **** on both sides that could have been called but wasn't.

There were some questionable calls, some irritating but we defeated ourselves.....

For some reason I don't notice the bad calls on the other team. My mind is conditioned to tune them out.....

:rolleyes:

I'm not even reading this thread just responding based on the thread title. We did not play our best. We had unforced turnovers and did not take care of the defensive glass in the 1st half. There is absolutely no way I'm using the officials as an excuse for this loss...and there's certainly no shame in losing to Michigan.

This is an interesting stretch of games...top 3 going round robin. Michigan and Michigan State play Saturday. We play Michigan State next Tuesday. The picture should be clearer next Wednesday.

There was a few bad calls, but it wasn't THAT bad at all. We shot more free throws and they called one more foul on us.

Took me about 5 minutes after the initial tip for me to realize the fix was in on this one. The Hawks were not gonna win PERIOD.

I thought it was a pretty evenly called. There were some questionable calls but they went both ways. I don't remember who the players were but a Michigan player got called for a foul when he tried to block a shot and the replay showed he wasn't close to even touching the Iowa player. I think both teams got bad calls but for the most part the refs didn't play a huge part in this game. I'd much rather see a game like this than the usual one where one team gets a huge advantage in free throws and then the other team gets calls late to make it look even. Home teams usually get the benefit of the doubt but if you're a marquee school you get calls just like recruits or donations. I was hoping Fran would get a T to get the team fired up. Even though the score was close the Iowa players didn't seem to have their heads in the game until Aaron White made several big plays in a row in the 2nd half. I think Fran feels handcuffed by the Big 10 and Barta and he's having to change the way he coaches because of the Wisconsin game. I wouldn't have a problem with it if Bo Ryan and Tom Izzo were held to the same standard. This argument will go on forever as long as the NCAA and conferences are vague on how they call the games. Just my 2 cents.

There was a few bad calls, but it wasn't THAT bad at all. We shot more free throws and they called one more foul on us.

Yeah, looking at the stat line is great, but you have to take into account the numerous no calls when Michigan was on defense as well as the moving screens they used to free up guys to shoot threes. On defense, it was the same heavy handchecking and grabbing we saw at Wisconsin. And in all honesty, it just takes one bad call late to kill momentum and seal the game and we saw that on the Marble "charge." I disagree with everyone saying the better team won, I think Michigan and Iowa are pretty evenly matched or within a bucket of each other if you play that game with truly unbiased ACC officials. Of course, we shot like dog crap from downtown and we need to tighten that up and execute a little better.

Latest posts