Second worst officiated game of the conference slate thus far

maybe the better team didn;t win last night, but the team that wanted it more did. I will also say that MSU had better step it up on Sat. or they could get beat. That is a very good Mich team.

Did we play bad? Yes. Was the officiating bad? Yes. Did the officiating cost us the game? No.

I will say, though, with one minute to play in the first half the foul count was 10-5 in favor of Michigan. I don't care where the game is played or who is playing, but the foul margin should never be that far apart.

Yeah, looking at the stat line is great, but you have to take into account the numerous no calls when Michigan was on defense as well as the moving screens they used to free up guys to shoot threes. On defense, it was the same heavy handchecking and grabbing we saw at Wisconsin. And in all honesty, it just takes one bad call late to kill momentum and seal the game and we saw that on the Marble "charge." I disagree with everyone saying the better team won, I think Michigan and Iowa are pretty evenly matched or within a bucket of each other if you play that game with truly unbiased ACC officials. Of course, we shot like dog crap from downtown and we need to tighten that up and execute a little better.

Ya know, you're such a jokester and funny guy that I can never tell anymore if you're actually being serious or if you're just purposefully trolling. So I pretty much just discredit anything you say anymore. Congrats!

I didn't think the officiating was horrible, or that it cost us the game, but Michigan was getting away with some pretty good contact and a few hacks in the paint towards the end of the 1st half. That was about all I had an issue with. We beat ourselves more than anything, but I do hate how inconsistent B10 officials are, and they get way too easily caught up in the emotion of the crowd.

Last edited:
images

For a (several) moment during this thread I thought I was on CycloneFanatic.

We lost the game because we didn't play well. The refs were not a factor...probably the best that could be hoped for on a road game in the Big1G.

For a (several) moment during this thread I thought I was on CycloneFanatic.

We lost the game because we didn't play well. The refs were not a factor...probably the best that could be hoped for on a road game in the Big1G.
How about tonight, pal?

Latest posts