SEC has informal agreement to add Missouri, according to report - ESPN

It sounds like the Big 12 could be here to stay and the Cyclones will spin this by selling addition by subtraction. Missouri and aTm to SEC = Mo Money in Ames.

I can see it now: 2013 CyHawk game broadcast live on the Long Horn Network, however the channel is only available Story County.

It sounds like the Big 12 could be here to stay and the Cyclones will spin this by selling addition by subtraction. Missouri and aTm to SEC = Mo Money in Ames.

I can see it now: 2013 CyHawk game broadcast live on the Long Horn Network, however the channel is only available Story County.

Why more money?

You think the TV deals will stick?

They'll be redone.

Great, just what we need, the SEC in our recruiting territory. If this happens, things get harder for Iowa, I promise you that.

Can't blame Mizzou at all, they didn't want to be left holding their #$% again after last year.

Sorry but the Big 8 is doomed to fail if they don't split revenue evenly it would only be a matter of time

its obvious Oklahoma and Oklahoma State want out. I wonder how long it will take before they look into joining the SEC.

Great, just what we need, the SEC in our recruiting territory. If this happens, things get harder for Iowa, I promise you that.

Interesting, and probably true. How many studs have we pulled from MO over the years. McNutt, Clayborn, Ballad, wasn't Betts from MO?

I do not like this move, bad for Iowa and the Big Ten. All Delany has to do is pick up the phone and Mizzou would be in the Big Ten but for some reason he wants nothing to do with them. I am sure there is a damn good reason for it, I just wish they shared it. I am just guessing here but I think even if Mizzou ends up in the SEC I think they will always be an option for the Big Ten.

The SEC is going to be a difficult conference for Mizzou. They have to start up new rivalries (Arkansas no doubt) and they will have to pick it up recruiting or they will be at the bottom of the SEC every year. Even the bottom feeders of the SEC get top 25 recruiting classes.

I do not like this move, bad for Iowa and the Big Ten. All Delany has to do is pick up the phone and Mizzou would be in the Big Ten but for some reason he wants nothing to do with them. I am sure there is a damn good reason for it, I just wish they shared it. I am just guessing here but I think even if Mizzou ends up in the SEC I think they will always be an option for the Big Ten.

The SEC is going to be a difficult conference for Mizzou. They have to start up new rivalries (Arkansas no doubt) and they will have to pick it up recruiting or they will be at the bottom of the SEC every year. Even the bottom feeders of the SEC get top 25 recruiting classes.

JD and I think the issue holding Mizzou back has been lack of a 14th team. If ND were on board they would both be here in a heartbeat.

if the Big 12 and Big East were smart they would look at each other and say.. wow.. you have 8 and we have 8 now that Mizzu is gone. maybe we should combine and be 1st to 16. the 4 texas schools would be in 1 pod. OU, OSU, KS, and Kan. in another. split the big east however with the inclusion of ISU.

if the Big 12 and Big East were smart they would look at each other and say.. wow.. you have 8 and we have 8 now that Mizzu is gone. maybe we should combine and be 1st to 16. the 4 texas schools would be in 1 pod. OU, OSU, KS, and Kan. in another. split the big east however with the inclusion of ISU.

I have read in different places that this might be in the mix, but that was with Texas, TT, OU, & OSU leaving.

But if Rutgers and UConn are leaving for the ACC, what is left turns the B12 into an ugly looking conference geographically. You would just have South Florida, West Virginia, Louisville, and Cincinnati remaining. TCU is already having 2nd thoughts of joining the Big East and if the B12 readjusts its bylaws and gets a new commish they could probably just pick up the phone and take TCU anyway to replace TAMU.

If the B12 can hold it together they do need to look at expansion ASAP to get back to 12 teams. I think BYU would be at the top on their priority list. If the Big East can somehow hold their conference together then they need to start poaching Conference USA right away and hope they can somehow keep their AQ status.

Why more money?

You think the TV deals will stick?

They'll be redone.

ESPN can't redo that contract for the B12 if in fact these teams would leave for the SEC. Since ESPN has a contract with both, they would open themselves up for a lawsuit. Same money, less teams = More money in Ames. Addition by subtraction.

JD and I think the issue holding Mizzou back has been lack of a 14th team. If ND were on board they would both be here in a heartbeat.

If that's the case, then Delaney is an idiot. Mizzou in the SEC is straight up BAD for the Big 10. Not only does it impact the quality of the Big 10 by giving the SEC an in to upper midwest recruits, but it also takes, outside of ND (who want nothing to do with the Big 10), it is the only legitimate football program that will make the Big 10 better.

Damaging the conference in the name of symmetry is pretty bad logic.

Latest posts