SEC has informal agreement to add Missouri, according to report - ESPN

I think Mizzu and Rutgers made a lot of sense. Also easy to add one to Leaders and one to Legends. I would have locked them both up.

I think Mizzu and Rutgers made a lot of sense. Also easy to add one to Leaders and one to Legends. I would have locked them both up.

The Big 10 seems to be happy with 12 right now. I think Mizzu is stuck in the Big 12 again this year. If the Big 12 is smart, they will work out their issues this year, or deal with it all again next year. If Mizzu was smart, they would keep quiet and try to surprise everyone if they ever get an offer again.

JD and I think the issue holding Mizzou back has been lack of a 14th team. If ND were on board they would both be here in a heartbeat.

It has always been in my opinion that Notre Dame joining would be Rutgers ticket into the Big Ten. With both Notre Dame and Rutgers then they get the NYC market.

Won't happen. As I've said here from day 1, the Big 12 will live. These schools are posturing and trying to get equal sharing like the other conferences have. It will happen. But ESPN and all other media outlets run with unnamed sources and it's pathetic. Anyone who still believes anything that ESPN says at this time is blind. They have been wrong on everything.

Two questions- How does Rutgers give us the NYC market? People in NJ, let alone NY, don't give a rip about their FB. How big of a draw do thing CFB is in NYC? They're a pro sports town. Besides, I doubt if any B10 team's fans not PSU would even make a road trio for that game.

Two questions- How does Rutgers give us the NYC market? People in NJ, let alone NY, don't give a rip about their FB. How big of a draw do thing CFB is in NYC? They're a pro sports town. Besides, I doubt if any B10 team's fans not PSU would even make a road trio for that game.

There is an entire Rutgers thread somewhere (football section perhaps) that has some good info in it and Jon posted a thread in the football section that shows the numbers of the NYC market.

Basically of the 20 million ppl that live in NYC about 2.6 million of them care about college football. That might be a small percentage of the entire market but still bigger than anywhere else. Of that 2.6 million the top 3 schools of choice is Rutgers, Notre Dame, and Penn State (Michigan was 5th, UConn 4th). From what I have read before the Big Ten has considered Rutgers but they found out that just taking Rutgers alone would not get the NYC market. But if ND ever decided to come on board with Rutgers I think you turn NYC market into a Big Ten one.

But none of this is going to happen anyway. It appears the Big East & the B12 are going to sort out their issues and the Big Ten is going to sit back and expand when it wants to.

Won't happen. As I've said here from day 1, the Big 12 will live. These schools are posturing and trying to get equal sharing like the other conferences have. It will happen. But ESPN and all other media outlets run with unnamed sources and it's pathetic. Anyone who still believes anything that ESPN says at this time is blind. They have been wrong on everything.

Well actually, the only party in this equation doing a worse job of prognosticating is, well...You. Compared to you 17, ESPN is freaking Walter Cronkite.

You know, that is the only bad thing about all of this working out. Is now all the idiot Cyclone fans come over hear acting like they knew it all along.

I am thankful you clowns are going to keep getting your Texas paychecks so that way you can keep paying your bills. I would hate to see that fine wrestling program get put into danger because Pollard keeps spending money that they do not have yet.

Latest posts