Seat upgrades nets minor NCAA violation at Iowa

Wow... what a joke. They should allow the parents to sit wherever they dang well please. Add this to the ever growing list of reasons the NCAA in its current form needs to go.

I stopped considering the NCAA an authority figure when they said it was cool for Auburn to pay Cam's daddy 180K.

Laughable - keep working on thing like this Mr. NCAA. Don't worry about Winston at Florida State getting to play

When I first skimmed the article I thought it was the NCAA that enforced the violation but after looking at it more carefully, it was the Iowa compliance staff that noticed it and acted on it. Shows what moral character the Iowa compliance staff has, enforcing a violation that would be ignored and swept under the rug by most.

Geez. The rules get that granular. How the hell are Athletic depts. supposed to monitor mundane crap such as that. In actuality, it may not be bad to periodically report obscure incidents as it shows the NCAA you are self-regulating and really doesn't hurt your program all that much. Kind of keeps them from breathing down your neck.

But, I guess so does not winning any championships for several years now that I think about it!!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by HawkWT
The NCAA rule handbook must take up an entire section at the library.
You might know if you'd ever been in one.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure whether I should thumbs up you or down. Ah, I think I'll just punt on this one.