Season Ticket Renewals

They should charge those 4,000 tickets for the clown game to $150 per ticket just for the fun of it...
personally i think all 70,585 tickets for the Isu game should be $1 a piece. If I remember when the game is in Iowa City we evenly split the gate with Isu. If tickets to that game were one dollar we could quit subsidizing Isu's football program. I would be willing to add another $64 dollars or the face value to my early donation every 2 years:)

So 71,000 seats - 4,000 for visitors - 4,000 more for hold backs (estimate) leaves about 62-63,000 season tickets to sell. There were 53,000 last year, so 10,000 new available. These are all guesses by the way. Lots of people on the boards have said they plan to be new ticket holders, but we are all the crazies on this board anyway - so it's not like we're taking a random sample here. I'm torn on trying to start a new account vs. piggybacking off a friend who is already a season ticket holder. Might just go that route this year.

You forgot the student section.

Iowa will have a VERY limited number of new season ticket holders this season, if any at all.

Reasons for increase in prices:

Basketball team is losing money
Great Home Schedule
Coming off a great season/Orange Bowl Win
Great talent coming back
High expectations for this year
Preseason Top 10 ranking

I knew prices would be raised, and not because of basketball. The home schedule is the #1 reason. Even last year, the Arizona and Michigan games were more expensive because they were the two big home games. This year, ISU, Wisky, PSU, and OSU all come to Iowa City. Increasing those tickets by even just $10 a piece puts the overall increase at just under $6. And I think it would be fair to bet that OSU tickets will be selling for at least $70, which is about an $18 hike.

It's just how the schedule worked out, IMO. If the prices stay the same for 2011, THEN I will concede it had a great deal to do with basketball.

I knew prices would be raised, and not because of basketball. The home schedule is the #1 reason. Even last year, the Arizona and Michigan games were more expensive because they were the two big home games. This year, ISU, Wisky, PSU, and OSU all come to Iowa City. Increasing those tickets by even just $10 a piece puts the overall increase at just under $6. And I think it would be fair to bet that OSU tickets will be selling for at least $70, which is about an $18 hike.

It's just how the schedule worked out, IMO. If the prices stay the same for 2011, THEN I will concede it had a great deal to do with basketball.

I can virtualy guarantee you that the prices will not decrease for the 2011 season. The bar has been raised and unless you have several down seasons in a row and the demand for tickets drop, ticket prices will not go down again.

Below is a list of the ticket prices per game.
Eastern Illinois (Sept. 4): $55 adult, $25 youth; Iowa State (Sept. 11): $65; Ball State (Sept. 25): $55 adult, $25 youth; Penn State (Oct. 2): $65; Wisconsin (Oct. 23): $65; Michigan State (Oct. 30): $55 adult; Ohio State (Nov. 20): $55.

Last edited:
Actually, five thousand tickets have to be given to visiting Big Ten teams. For non-conference games it is negotiated as part of the contract. Usually, it is way less than the five thousand. That is why there are usually single game tickets available for non-conference games.

It says in the press release people who purchased general public or faculty/staff season tickets. Does that mean all season ticket holders will get first dibs on season tickets? I am thinking of adding some more tickets, we have always had 3 and we want to add 1 more. Doesn't matter if we sit together or not, we just want to make sure everyone has a ticket for the game. We tried the whole scalping thing last year, and it didn't work out.

So do you think our chances of adding a ticket will work or do I have to be in line for that 1 ticket with all the other new season tickets applications? Any info would help. thanks

It says in the press release people who purchased general public or faculty/staff season tickets. Does that mean all season ticket holders will get first dibs on season tickets? I am thinking of adding some more tickets, we have always had 3 and we want to add 1 more. Doesn't matter if we sit together or not, we just want to make sure everyone has a ticket for the game. We tried the whole scalping thing last year, and it didn't work out.

So do you think our chances of adding a ticket will work or do I have to be in line for that 1 ticket with all the other new season tickets applications? Any info would help. thanks

I believe that you will be able to add 1 additional ticket at the time you renew your season tickets but I am not 100% sure about that. You might want to contact the ticket office. Hopefully, you get somebody that knows what they are talking about.

I can virtualy guarantee you that the prices will not decrease for the 2011 season. The bar has been raised and unless you have several down seasons in a row and the demand for tickets drop, ticket prices will not go down again.

Below is a list of the ticket prices per game.
Eastern Illinois (Sept. 4): $55 adult, $25 youth; Iowa State (Sept. 11): $65; Ball State (Sept. 25): $55 adult, $25 youth; Penn State (Oct. 2): $65; Wisconsin (Oct. 23): $65; Michigan State (Oct. 30): $55 adult; Ohio State (Nov. 20): $55.

Does the ticket office reserve the right to change those prices? I can't imagine that the OSU game would only be $55 if both teams were undefeated, as the winner likely would go to the NCG.

Does the ticket office reserve the right to change those prices? I can't imagine that the OSU game would only be $55 if both teams were undefeated, as the winner likely would go to the NCG.

These ticket prices will not be changing. Single game tickets probably will not be for sale for the ISU and OSU games when they go on sale in June or July.

Latest posts