Season Ticket Renewals

Not4cy

According to Hawkeyesports.com the new season ticket price is $360. (I believe the season ticket price last year was $336) You should be able to go online and renew your season tickets some time this week. According to the website, you can renew your tickets right now but when I logged in, there was not a season ticket renewal application on my account yet.

I contacted the athletic ticket office and the guy that I spoke to was clueless. He said it will be a few weeks before season tickets come up for renewal and he also advised that the university has not set a new season ticket price yet. I told him to go to hawkeyesports.com and the new ticket price has been set and the website also states that you can renew your season tickets right now.

I started ordering season tickets in 2002 and I believe the season ticket price was around $240 back then. That is a 50% increase in 8 years. WOW. I guess you have to pay top dollar for a winning product.

Last edited:
What did he say then?

He said," Oh, I was not aware of that." He also stated that the new $360 price was not set in stone yet. I told him that the website states it is $360.

He stated, "OK, and the season ticket application will probably be online at the end of the week then."

Those people that work for the ticket office have no clue what is going on.

What Pin are they talking about for you renewal? we have gotten tickets for years and this is the first time I have ever seen anything about a account number and a pin number. Does anyone know what I am talking about? I need some help in figuring this one out. Thanks

What Pin are they talking about for you renewal? we have gotten tickets for years and this is the first time I have ever seen anything about a account number and a pin number. Does anyone know what I am talking about? I need some help in figuring this one out. Thanks

You don't need to worry about the account # and pin. Once the season tickets are up for renewal, there will be a link that you just click on. Wait a few more days and the season ticket renewal application link will be located in your account.

The price is $360, I received the press release today from the U of I. Here you go:

UI ATHLETICS ANNOUNCES 2010 FOOTBALL TICKET PRICES Season ticket prices to increase for the first time in three years

IOWA CITY, Iowa – The price of a season ticket to the home games of the University of Iowa football team will increase for the first time in three years, UI Athletics Department officials announced today.

The cost of a season ticket for the general public will increase $3 per game to $360. The cost of a season ticket for a member of the UI faculty or staff will increase just over $2 per game to $290. The cost of a season ticket for current UI students will increase $2 per game to $168.

The Hawkeyes play seven home games in 2010. The schedule includes non-conference games against Eastern Illinois (Sept. 4), Iowa State (Sept. 11) and Ball State (Sept. 25) before games against Big Ten Conference rivals Penn State (Oct. 2), Wisconsin (Oct. 23), Michigan State (Oct. 30) and Ohio State (Nov. 20).

* On Monday, Mar. 8, the UI Athletics Ticket Office will begin accepting renewal orders from fans that purchased general public or UI faculty/staff season tickets last season. Fans are encouraged to renew their season ticket order online.

* During the week of Monday, Mar. 22, fans who purchased season tickets a year ago but have not renewed their season ticket purchase online will receive a season ticket renewal form in the mail.

* Beginning Monday, Mar. 22, the UI Athletics Ticket Office will begin accepting season ticket orders from new customers. New customers must call the UI Athletics Ticket Office at 1-800-IA-HAWKS or visit the office located in Carver-Hawkeye Arena to open their account.

* Current UI students will be invited to place their season ticket order during the first week of April. UI students who want to guarantee that they will have a seven-game season ticket are encouraged to place their season ticket order by Friday, May 7, the last business day of finals week.

The UI Athletics Ticket Office will again this year offer fans purchasing season tickets the opportunity to pay for their season ticket order in three equal installments, the first upon receipt of the order, the second by May 26 and the third by June 23.

Iowa sold more than 53,000 season tickets to the general public, UI faculty and staff, and current UI students for the 2009 season.

The UI will again also offer three-game “mini-packs.†These will go on sale in June. The details of that ticket option will be announced at that time.

If available, single game tickets will go on sale in early July. Single game tickets will cost $55 each for Iowa’s games against Eastern Illinois, Ball State and Michigan State, and $65 each for the Hawkeyes’ games against intrastate rival Iowa State in the annual Hy-Vee Cy-Hawk Series, Penn State, Wisconsin and Ohio State.

A to-be-determined number of single-game youth tickets priced at $25 each will be available for Iowa’s games against Eastern Illinois and Ball State. A discount-priced ticket will be available for groups of 30 or more for the Hawkeyes’ games against Eastern Illinois, Ball State and Michigan State.

“I’m comfortable with this year’s ticket price increase. We’re coming off a terrific season and have a great home schedule in 2010. We didn’t raise prices the past two seasons primarily in response to the difficult economy,†said Gary Barta, the UI’s director of athletics.

“We continue to give our season ticket holders the best value, and, for the second year in a row, we will offer an installment payment plan for those Hawkeye fans that are interested. In addition, we’ll offer both a youth and a group tickets to games early in the season.â€

Barta also noted that there is no increase in the cost of the very popular Kinnick Stadium chair backs or game-day parking fees for fans of the Hawkeyes. He also noted that the Hawkeye Express continues to grow in popularity and will once again be in operation this fall.

The Iowa football team is coming off a 2009 season that featured 11 wins including a victory over Georgia Tech in the 2010 FedEx Orange Bowl. The Hawkeyes were ranked No. 7 in the final Associated Press and USA Today Top 25 polls, and will enter the 2010 ranked among the nation’s elite again.

Thanks DJ. Put me in the group trying to apply to become a new season ticket holder. Anyone have an idea what they'll cap the # of season ticket holders at? Wouldn't it be ideal to have every game sold via a season ticket? The guy on the phone emphasized several times that there were on guarantees on getting a season ticket.

Thanks DJ. Put me in the group trying to apply to become a new season ticket holder. Anyone have an idea what they'll cap the # of season ticket holders at? Wouldn't it be ideal to have every game sold via a season ticket? The guy on the phone emphasized several times that there were on guarantees on getting a season ticket.

I don't think there is a cap and would guess with the home slate that Iowa has this year, the results from last year, and what Iowa has coming back tickets will go pretty fast, I have even thought about buying an extra pair this year with all of the great home games we have.

Prices went up because men's basketball ticket sales and attendance were horrible and this will help balance the checkbook.

Instead of raising football ticket prices, I think they should have comp'ed some of Lick's salary. haha

Iowa has to hold back 4,000 tickets per game for visiting teams. Then you have several hundred tickets per game going to player parents and many more need to be held for single game purchase for season ticket holders. There is probably a certain number that they have in mind as to where to cap season ticket sales. If you have 0 priority, good luck buying season tickets for 2010!

Does anyone know what the maximum number of season tickets you can get with one order is? A group of 7 friends including myself want to be able to sit next to each other so I was going to order them all together but wasn't sure if you were allowed to get that many.

FYI: We're all first year season ticket holders

So 71,000 seats - 4,000 for visitors - 4,000 more for hold backs (estimate) leaves about 62-63,000 season tickets to sell. There were 53,000 last year, so 10,000 new available. These are all guesses by the way. Lots of people on the boards have said they plan to be new ticket holders, but we are all the crazies on this board anyway - so it's not like we're taking a random sample here. I'm torn on trying to start a new account vs. piggybacking off a friend who is already a season ticket holder. Might just go that route this year.

So 71,000 seats - 4,000 for visitors - 4,000 more for hold backs (estimate) leaves about 62-63,000 season tickets to sell. There were 53,000 last year, so 10,000 new available. These are all guesses by the way. Lots of people on the boards have said they plan to be new ticket holders, but we are all the crazies on this board anyway - so it's not like we're taking a random sample here. I'm torn on trying to start a new account vs. piggybacking off a friend who is already a season ticket holder. Might just go that route this year.

Is that possible? If you know someone that already has tickets, can they ask for another pair or whatever? I'd like to sit close to a buddy of mine. He's in the endzone so there's no donation required.

Prices went up because men's basketball ticket sales and attendance were horrible and this will help balance the checkbook.

Or maybe it's because we play Penn State, Wisconsin, Iowa State, and Ohio State at home this year????

Or maybe it's because we play Penn State, Wisconsin, Iowa State, and Ohio State at home this year????

Reasons for increase in prices:

Basketball team is losing money
Great Home Schedule
Coming off a great season/Orange Bowl Win
Great talent coming back
High expectations for this year
Preseason Top 10 ranking

This thread begs the question "Is any season ticket holder NOT going to renew based on raised ticket prices?"

Personally we are not only going to renew, but because of Not4Cy's reasons listed above, we are buying a second set.

Latest posts