@Penn State: Loss
vs Minny: Loss
@Nebraska: Loss
vs Purdue: Win
@Indiana: Loss
vs Illinois: Loss
vs Nebraska: Win

Record: 4-7 Final record: 17-14

Nothing has led me to believe that the Hawks can win on the road, so I am predicting all losses the rest of the way. I think they could finish at best 5-6, but also could go 2-8. I agree that this team is still young, but I don't believe Fran and staff are getting the most out of players. The shooting percentage is almost laughable and at times I feel they play with little intensity. You can almost compare the offense to a third grade basketball team. One kid dribbles while the rest stand around and pick their butts.

We shall see how this team progresses the rest of the way.

vs Penn State: Win
at Minny: Loss
at Wiscy: Loss
vs NW: Win

Nothing has led me to believe that the Hawks can win on the road, so I am predicting all losses the rest of the way. I think they could finish at best 5-6, but also could go 2-8. I agree that this team is still young, but I don't believe Fran and staff are getting the most out of players. The shooting percentage is almost laughable and at times I feel they play with little intensity. You can almost compare the offense to a third grade basketball team. One kid dribbles while the rest stand around and pick their butts.

What is with these posts? Come on.

If the team was playing with little intensity they wouldnt be locked in on the defensive end like they have been since the game in Ann Arbor.

PSU- W
@Minny- L
@Wisky- W
NW- W
@PSU- W
Minny- W
@Neb- W
Purdue- W
@Indiana- L
Illinois- W
Neb- W

11-7 in conference. :)

HNT, perhaps you missed the Hawks 20 point road win at NW. I think there are a few road wins in this team yet, @PSU and @Neb come to mind.

HNT, perhaps you missed the Hawks 20 point road win at NW. I think there are a few road wins in this team yet, @PSU and @Neb come to mind.

Yes, of course I remember the road win at NW. That is their only road victory and NW shot only 29%. I agree they have a shot of winning at PSU and at Nebraska.

I agree with this but think WI is 50-50...still think we get the win even if I'm just being a homer.

What is with these posts? Come on.

If the team was playing with little intensity they wouldnt be locked in on the defensive end like they have been since the game in Ann Arbor.

PSU- W
@Minny- L
@Wisky- W
NW- W
@PSU- W
Minny- W
@Neb- W
Purdue- W
@Indiana- L
Illinois- W
Neb- W

11-7 in conference. :)

While i understand your concern on winning road games, i don't think we will lose at Nebraska or PSU, they suck too bad. The Hawks can play poorly and still beat those slugs.

PSU- W
@Minny- L
@Wisky- L
NW- W
@PSU- W
Minny- W
@Neb- W
Purdue- W
@Indiana- L
Illinois- W
Neb- W

10-8 in conference. I think we are dancing...but a signature win at Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Indiana would sure help. Hard to keep a team out if they go 10-8 in the toughest conference in NCAAs.

at Minny: Loss*
at Wiscy: Loss*
@Penn State: Win
vs Minny: Win
@Nebraska: Win
vs Illinois: Win

I see 10 - 8 in the conference. I see victories against Minnesota/Illinois that will be nice. I put * next to the @ Minny and @ Wiscy games because I truly think Iowa will win one of these games and lose one (which could bring the conference record to 11-7).

I know I am a Cyclone fan so feel free to flame me, but this is my outside opinion and I think Iowa makes it in the Big Dance.

You talk like a cyclone. Home games against Nittany, NWestern, Minn, Purdue, Illinois, and Nebraska, and we win two of those? I think Lick could do better than that. Beat Northwestern by 20 on the same court where Minnesota lost and Indiana cut it a little close, but that doesn't we're capable of winning a road game.

At this point I'm feeling that we'll win all of the remaining home games and at least 2 road games. Thus our tournament hopes would be rather high.

Put up or shup up. You willing to put any money on line? I will take this action all day!

Nice Cyclone bash here. I am a Cyclone fan and also cheer for the Hawks. I posted the exact same thing you said. Your Cyclone slam has no merit. Good effort though.

lol, wut?

He wasn't even responding to you.

He quoted the OP's post, so that means his response was directed at him.

Haha, I got it before you could delete your post clown boy.

Nice work. I deleted the post because I also said feel free to flame me. I was going to add in an edit, but no worries. I take responsibilities for being on the defensive after last night.

I see Iowa finishing 10-8 in the conference and going to the big dance.

Edit: My undergrad is from U of I. My master's and PhD is from Iowa State. I can be a fan of both.

Last edited:
Put up or shup up. You willing to put any money on line? I will take this action all day!

Why in the hell would I make this bet? Of course I want Iowa to win, and I would not bet any sum of money that would be associated with their demise.

I am encouraged by the optimism on this board though. Honestly, I did not expect that.

much better performance in the Minny game, but obviously still a loss. I still think Iowa loses as Wiscy. They will be very hungry to beat the Hawks, especially at home. I hope I am wrong about the outcome.

They must have forgot to pick their butts that game. The only thing laughable is the comment by the OP that this team does not play with any intensity. Come on Man???

PSU- W
@Minny- L
@Wisky- L
NW- W
@PSU- W
Minny- W
@Neb- W
Purdue- W
@Indiana- L
Illinois- W
Neb- W

10-8 in conference. I think we are dancing...but a signature win at Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Indiana would sure help. Hard to keep a team out if they go 10-8 in the toughest conference in NCAAs.

I agree the NCAA committee could invite 10-8 Big 10 team. However, going 10-8 is not a given when none of those 10 wins, with the exception of maybe Wisconsin, was against the best of the conference.

Ten wins is soft in the eyes of the committee if it only includes Wisconsin, sweeps of PSU, Nebrasuck, NW and wins over Purdue and Illinois. They look at "resume wins." You would likely need at least one of those, which only leaves No. 18 Minnesota and No. 1 Indiana on the schedule.

Latest posts