Seantrel Henderson backs off USC, not committed now?

This guy and his dad are really ******* me off. Limos, night clubs as a high schooler, making your coach wait an hour and a half for a visit? I am glad he isn't coming to Iowa. I don't want "hollywood" stinking up the locker room. No one player is bigger than the team...and that's what him and his father would act as...

It appears Kirk might have been on to something...

I don't think it appears, he was on to something. I honestly never thought I would be glad the #1 recruit in the country didn't come to Iowa but in this case I am. No matter where he goes him and his father will always see themselves as bigger than the the program and he has trouble written all over him.

Maybe Sean should spend more time trying to get his kid academically qualified before worring about some of the other crap and wanting to be the center of attention. It would be funny as hell if he can't qualify anywhere and seeing how Sean could spin that.

KF knew what was up, that's why he canceled the in-home. He doesn't want these sort of players on his team, regardless of talent. He'd rather have a 2 star guy who works his *** off than a 5 star who thinks things should be handed to him.

That's why we love KF. He puts his values above everything.

Remember- For MOST of these kids this is the most important they will ever get to be or feel. Same probably goes for the parents as well. When you think about it that's kinda sad. I'm not saying kids shouldn't enjoy the moment because they should. They AND their parents need to keep things in perspective and not make more of it then what it is.

For one of the few times I listed to Steve and Jon's show y'day. They quickly went through the recruiting classes of TX, FL, and USC from '06. It's just amazing the number of 5 star kids those schools got that never really did much.

This kid & situation has "bust" written all over it! Just the way they are acting. KF does a better job of manufacturing players that have heart & drive than managing players' behavior or egos. In this case his dad's as well. Not only could the kid be problematic, but the dad sounds like he would go "Craig James" on the hawkeye program & try to be too involved. Better to punt on this one & KF sees that. As stated before, the team would be better in the long run to pass on this.

KF knew what was up, that's why he canceled the in-home. He doesn't want these sort of players on his team, regardless of talent. He'd rather have a 2 star guy who works his *** off than a 5 star who thinks things should be handed to him.

That's why we love KF. He puts his values above everything.

Well said, Storminspank. I mentioned in an earlier post that, in my opinion, Kirk realized late that Seantrel would not be a good fit to the Iowa program and therefore cancelled the home visit. Kirk's been through the pomp and circumstance before and realizes this is not what his program needs.

He isnt even academically eligible yet. I prefer my linemen to be intelligent. U dont have to be a rocket scientist to get through high school and be eligible.

It says we cancelled on him, i would guess he cant make the cut at iowa or his grades are bad, maybe the hawks want to show kids around the country hey we dont care what recruit you are if you play games or make an *** out of your self we dont want or need you there are plenty of hard working blue collar types out there for iowa to get. And we already know what kf and staff can do with that.
All this was said almost a month ago

Latest posts