Sean Draper

nope. Draper got burned badly against MSU last year.

He did get burned badly and I hoped he would never play again for the rest of the year. With that said I believe he will be immensely better this year. Sean Draper Don't let me down and go out there and show em how it's done!

Early last year, I agree he looked a bit lost..taking awkward angles, poor tackling etc.... but later I saw Draper improve after the MSU game. Don't recall which game(s) it was

As with most of our players they make plenty of mistakes when they first get playing time. Fortunately we have had one of the best staffs for development of players. I have faith that he will be coached up and be a solid player for us.

DB is a position where you can easily get smoked on a given play due to inexperience. I was at the game, and let me tell you, he got smoked big time, two times. BUT...he could easily improve this year and be good. I'm hoping that's the case, he's pretty athletic

King's got one corner on lockdown. Maybe Draper takes the other maybe not. For all we know now, someone could come from nowhere to claim the spot like King did last year.

King's got one corner on lockdown. Maybe Draper takes the other maybe not. For all we know now, someone could come from nowhere to claim the spot like King did last year.

I am pretty sure CB #2 will be Fleming but if someone gets hurt, I don’t know who comes in. Probably Draper, or Mabin if he doesn’t get swiched to safety.
Speaking of safety, does anyone think Gair is any good (yet)?

I know he had gotten burned against MSU (in addition to poor tackling), and had a few other times in the past. I watched the ISU game yesterday and noticed great coverage by Draper on one of the plays. It should be said that you remember the times someone is burned much more then you remember the good coverage.

I hope for the sake of depth of the secondary the light comes on for him. Certainly we have the right staff to help with this. Unfortunately for some, the light never comes on (hai Nico).

Whoever was holding the playstation controller was hitting the O button to make him jump too soon during the MSU game.

I remember Greg Castillo getting burned pretty bad when he was young. Castillo never became a starter but he became decent enough to make some clutch plays for iowa in 2012. One could say Castillo was involved in the key play in 2 of Iowa's 4 wins in 2012.

Draper could fill a similar role for iowa.

I watched Bob Sanders ( hope I spelled his name correctly ) get beat by Florida really bad also. We all know what happened with his career so hopefully Sean will come along. Not trying to say he will be as good as Bob was.

I watched Bob Sanders ( hope I spelled his name correctly ) get beat by Florida really bad also. We all know what happened with his career so hopefully Sean will come along. Not trying to say he will be as good as Bob was.

I could be wrong but I think the only time Iowa played Florida, when Bob Sanders was on the team, was the 2003 season in the outback bowl, which would have been Sanders very last game.

Latest posts