Seahawks sign Moeaki

I still believe he was the most gifted TE of the Ferentz era. It's a shame he has never been able to stay healthy. Good luck to him, I hope he can finally catch a break.

Dude is a glass cannon, a hell of a weapon but you only get so much before it breaks down.

it's impressive all the Iowa TEs playing in NFL over the past 10-15 yrs. Who would have predicted guys like Reisner, Chandler and Myers would even get a shot, let alone play and produce for multiple seasons.

I agree. I just believe Moeaki to be the more gifted athlete. He is a far superior blocker than Clark ever was. Don't get me wrong though, I would take both in a heart beat.

Yep, one of them was the recipient of the Mackey award for the best TE in the nation and went on to play for 11 seasons in the NFL, named All Pro and was the highest paid TE after he received a "franchise tag" in 2009. The proof is definitely in his pudding!

The other one showed "flashes" of his athleticism between his multiple injuries in his career at Iowa as well as his short time in his injury riddled NFL career.

Good luck to the "bad luck" Hawk Tony. Hope he can catch a break.

I was so hopeful after his rookie year he'd have a great career in KC. It seemed like a good fit. Football is brutal it's just brutal. More guys are closer to having careers like Moeakis career then a Tony Gonzalez. For a TE to play that long let alone that well is just nuts. Just really goes to show you theres alot of good fortune and luck that goes into playing at that level for any length of time

Latest posts