Scuttle: Changes are coming

NorthKCHawk

Things circulating out of Fort Kinnick that despite KF's nonplus demeanor about the offense, changes are coming. But, not where most of you want it. The offense was told Sunday after watching film that everyone needs to re-earn starting roles. Everyone. That said, most likely changes are coming at OL. Not at QB. The bizarre depth charts seem even less relevant than usual for the offense.

I am guessing this will be a spirited week of practice for the offensive, and not just because of the opponent.

makes sense.

I rewatched "the tape" and noticed that SDSU players simply did not stay blocked. They absorbed blocks, shed blocks, got off the blocks and still made plays. Iowa's blockers sorta did one time big lunge hits and that was it. For this reason we saw L Williams only get to the second level of the defense 2 or maybe 3 times.

makes sense.

I rewatched "the tape" and noticed that SDSU players simply did not stay blocked. They absorbed blocks, shed blocks, got off the blocks and still made plays. Iowa's blockers sorta did one time big lunge hits and that was it. For this reason we saw L Williams only get to the second level of the defense 2 or maybe 3 times.

I was over in Tennessee for the weekend and only listened to the second half on Sirius, but it sure sounded to me like the guys from SD State were lightning fast, so fast that they couldn't be blocked. Dolph said our guys were "blocking shadows" because SD State was so fast.

I want it real ugly as long as we win.

Passing under 50%, running game at 2.0 ypc, high passes and dropped TDs with a sprinkle of punting inside the opponents 30.

I want my victory steak seasoned with that baby.

Things circulating out of Fort Kinnick that despite KF's nonplus demeanor about the offense, changes are coming. But, not where most of you want it. The offense was told Sunday after watching film that everyone needs to re-earn starting roles. Everyone. That said, most likely changes are coming at OL. Not at QB. The bizarre depth charts seem even less relevant than usual for the offense.

I am guessing this will be a spirited week of practice for the offensive, and not just because of the opponent.
So like some intramural flag football players might beat out the starting walk-ons at WR?

I don't know what to think about this.

On one hand, opening up starting spots to competition is unlike KF.

On the other hand, opening them up based solely on who practices the best? Obviously the KF way!

I don't know what to think about this.

On one hand, opening up starting spots to competition is unlike KF.

On the other hand, opening them up based solely on who practices the best? Obviously the KF way!
As I posted in other threads, KF is not stupid. He saw the same game we did and obviously knows the offense is not even in the ballpark of acceptable play. He's got to light a fire under everyone.

who really cares!!! Nothing is changing!!. We may catch lightning in a bottle for a game or 2 just like last season. Fact is that 90% of programs would of made Offensive Coordinator changes after last season!!

Reactions: haw
As I posted in other threads, KF is not stupid. He saw the same game we did and obviously knows the offense is not even in the ballpark of acceptable play. He's got to light a fire under everyone.

I wasn't trying to argue w/ you about this.

But... given your reply I'll ask you this:

I think most of us would agree last year's offense was lousy. Yet, nothing like this kind of move happened (that we know of or saw evidence of).

KF, in fact, promoted the coordinator after last year.

So what would cause him, after spending the entire "preseason" looking at this team & determining starters, to make this kind of move after 1 game?

While I agree 100% with this my concern is that in doing so it puts it solely on the players. That same fire needs to be lit under the offensive coaches as well including his OC's and his own. These issues and concerns may have possibly reached an all-time low last week, but its been the same issues we've seen for years.

Latest posts