Scott to wrestle tonight

pin2win

@hagertony
Coleman Scott topped Reece Humphrey to advance to tonight's best-of-three finals vs. Shawn Bunch

Im rooting for Scott! He gas really turned it up a notch this year. He is entering his prime.

Bunch is good but inconsistent ..

Either way...... Go USA! "If you dont love it leave it" - AmericaStanzi-

Scott is from Ok.State. I'll take Bunch. If Bunch is inconsistent, why is everyone trying to beat him?

Scott is from Ok.State. I'll take Bunch. If Bunch is inconsistent, why is everyone trying to beat him?

Scott beat Bunch 2 - 1 in the matches last night to qualify for the Olympic team.
Scott scored a five-point throw in the 3rd match, which automatically ends the match.

I really feel like we are leaving our best lineup home (despite the outcome of trials) more so than in past years. I know that it gets decided on the mat and you can't argue with a tournament setup but I really feel that Cejudo was our best bet for a gold medal. I think Burroughs will be exposed I think his style (quick strong leg attacks) played well with his age and being relatively unknown at worlds. Now the world knows his style and he has a target on his back I think it will stymie him. I also think it sucks for guys like Bunch and Metcalf to do all the heavy lifting, travel across the globe and qualify the weight for the olympics at the 11th hour and then have to sit home. Again I know that it all comes down to what happens on the mat, I just feel like our Freestyle lineup is weak (especially if Herbert is beatup). And I also dont like Dlegnav at heavyweight, I know he moved to the u.s when he was 4 but hes still a bulgarian in my view.

I really feel like we are leaving our best lineup home (despite the outcome of trials) more so than in past years. I know that it gets decided on the mat and you can't argue with a tournament setup but I really feel that Cejudo was our best bet for a gold medal. I think Burroughs will be exposed I think his style (quick strong leg attacks) played well with his age and being relatively unknown at worlds. Now the world knows his style and he has a target on his back I think it will stymie him. I also think it sucks for guys like Bunch and Metcalf to do all the heavy lifting, travel across the globe and qualify the weight for the olympics at the 11th hour and then have to sit home. Again I know that it all comes down to what happens on the mat, I just feel like our Freestyle lineup is weak (especially if Herbert is beatup). And I also dont like Dlegnav at heavyweight, I know he moved to the u.s when he was 4 but hes still a bulgarian in my view.
Wow. I disagree with most everything you just wrote. Frayer has as good a shot as Metcalf. Its Jared's time now. Cejudo basically retired several years ago. He is not the same wrestler as 4 years ago! And Yeah they know about Burroughs but they still cant stop his speed or his double leg. I for one am pumped about this years lineup. I only wish that Cael would have gone one more round. USA! USA!

Would he still be Bulgarian if he'd moved to the U.S. at the age of 2?

Wow. I disagree with most everything you just wrote. Frayer has as good a shot as Metcalf. Its Jared's time now. Cejudo basically retired several years ago. He is not the same wrestler as 4 years ago! And Yeah they know about Burroughs but they still cant stop his speed or his double leg. I for one am pumped about this years lineup. I only wish that Cael would have gone one more round. USA! USA!

Well stated........I thought he was kidding but then realized he most likely wasn't.
Anyone who thinks Jordan Burroughs shouldn't be on the team simply doesn't understand how outstanding of a proven talent he is.

Burroughs has wrestled in several international tournaments since finishing school and has zero loses, including beating a silver medalist twice. He's a beast and will be fine at the Olympics. However i do agree that Cejudo is the best option at 121. i have no doubt about that. anyone who watched him at the trials saw that he wrestles at a different level that other americans in freestyle, especially on the mat. To me, USA wrestling dropped the ball w/ their seeding at 121. putting Escobedo ahead of him was a joke. it ended up making him wrestle Simmons too early and everyone knows Simmons is just a touch matchup style wise at 121 because of his crazy length. I have very little faith in Hazewinkle, but i hope he does well.
Also you say that guys like Bunch and Metcalf "have" to travel all over the world to qualify the weight. i would say they "get" to. It's an advantage to get all of that great experience while others at your weight sit home.

I think this is just boiling over because people are upset that Metcalf didn't make it. In reality, Frayer just has his number. Even back when Metcalf made the world team, it was by a call that could have gone either way.

Freestyle just doesn't allow Metcalf to do what he does best, which is grind it out and wear the guy down. The good thing for Metcalf is that those that are slightly above him (Frayer and Ware) will not be in the next Olympic cycle. The bad news is that he has guys like Alton and McCaughley coming up who may have a style better suited for the international game.

Nope. I'm right.

I think you're right regarding haze. I think hes our third best option at the weight. cejudo is the only American that we could have sent over that is nothing but a freestylin freestyler, every other guy going over freestyle was an after thought.

time will tell on buroughs, maybe they've seen him and are training for him, but he isn't a different style match up problem for anyone (ala simmons could have been). he is a freak athlete with incredible speed and strength match up problem. I think he'll be fine.

Latest posts