Schwab

specially if your last name is kelly

that guy wrestled i think till he was 32

Speaking of Kelly but changing the subject.

Michael Kelly is a kid who might want to stay in CF now. Good chance he'll get burried in the Iowa room and now he could actually have a competitive experience at home in CF.

Speaking of Kelly but changing the subject.

Michael Kelly is a kid who might want to stay in CF now. Good chance he'll get burried in the Iowa room and now he could actually have a competitive experience at home in CF.

Team wise UNI will be better in the next 5 years but it is not like they will be top 10 competitive, 15-20 I'd guess. Michael is signed on the line at Iowa who will be competing for National Titles. Whether he is lost in the shuffle is far from being determined but considering he was aware who else was going to be in the Iowa room when he committed he does not seem to be concerned about it. I'm sure he could have easily committed to UNI in the first place if he was worried about it. Iowa as a team will be better and he will be better with the training he gets at Iowa.

Team wise UNI will be better in the next 5 years but it is not like they will be top 10 competitive, 15-20 I'd guess. Michael is signed on the line at Iowa who will be competing for National Titles. Whether he is lost in the shuffle is far from being determined but considering he was aware who else was going to be in the Iowa room when he committed he does not seem to be concerned about it. I'm sure he could have easily committed to UNI in the first place if he was worried about it. Iowa as a team will be better and he will be better with the training he gets at Iowa.

Sure he could have easily committed to UNI in the first place, but under the direction of Penrith would you? If I were him, I think it is a perfect spot. I don't see him as elite D1 talent which is what you need to succeed in Iowa's room. UNI, under Schwab, would be perfect for him in my opinion

It has the possibility of hurting both programs. Yeah Iowa will still get theirs but Doug will not back off a recruit because Tom has already been in the kitchen. Least that's my thoughts.

Sure he could have easily committed to UNI in the first place, but under the direction of Penrith would you? If I were him, I think it is a perfect spot. I don't see him as elite D1 talent which is what you need to succeed in Iowa's room. UNI, under Schwab, would be perfect for him in my opinion

Nice endorsement of Mike. I'm guessing Iowa would not have bothered to recruit him to the team if they felt he was not the kind of D1 talent that could succeed in their room. Nor would he have committed to them if he felt he was not good enough to do well there. I know people like to treat UNI like their kid brother but as an Iowa fan I'm not going to root for UNI success at the possible expense of the Hawkeyes. Yes they have a hawk as coach like they did before but in no way am I going to say kids Iowa worked hard to sign would be better off going to UNI when he has not even had a chance to wear the black and gold yet. Schwab and UNI can take care of themselves.

Tobini, I assume you are talking about the Battle of Waterloo that will occur this December. It is a clash-style tournament with all the best Iowa schools there--32 in all--but I believe it is ONLY going to involve Iowa schools. I could be wrong.

Tobini, I assume you are talking about the Battle of Waterloo that will occur this December. It is a clash-style tournament with all the best Iowa schools there--32 in all--but I believe it is ONLY going to involve Iowa schools. I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure that is the same tourney he was talking about however I believe that last sentence about it is wrong. I'm pretty positive that some VERY good out of state schools have already accepted invitations to it.

Factory, maybe I'm wrong about Kelly and I hope I am, but to me he just looks like the kind of kid that goes and gets lost in that room. Maybe he'll surprise me, but in my opinion I don't see him being a big time contributor down the road. Hope I'm wrong.

...I'm guessing Iowa would not have bothered to recruit him to the team if they felt he was not the kind of D1 talent that could succeed in their room. Nor would he have committed to them if he felt he was not good enough to do well there. ..

I'm guessing iowa would've recruited him because they need quality depth in the room. And I'm guessing that he would have never committed to UNI in the Penrith regime b/c under Penrith no one developed.

The kids UNI will be able to get now are the in-state kids like Kelly, Ballwegs, Trizzino, etc. The type of wrestler who can compete in the Iowa or Ia State room, but never make the line up full time.

I'm guessing iowa would've recruited him because they need quality depth in the room. And I'm guessing that he would have never committed to UNI in the Penrith regime b/c under Penrith no one developed.

The kids UNI will be able to get now are the in-state kids like Kelly, Ballwegs, Trizzino, etc. The type of wrestler who can compete in the Iowa or Ia State room, but never make the line up full time.

So you're saying Doug Schwab will never be able to successfully recruit a kid that could be in the Iowa or ISU lineup? So in the Schwab era at UNI you think Iowa and ISU will be able to successfully shut out Doug's UNI squads?

So you're saying Doug Schwab will never be able to successfully recruit a kid that could be in the Iowa or ISU lineup? So in the Schwab era at UNI you think Iowa and ISU will be able to successfully shut out Doug's UNI squads?

Not at all what I wrote... Simply said that UNI is going to get a lot of kids now that would have otherwise gone to Iowa or Iowa State.

However, in the recruiting battles for elite wrestlers, UNI won't beat Iowa. UNI will still win some matches in duals, there's always going to be kids who perform better in college than expected.

Latest posts