Schobert on Iowa OL

ColumbusHawk

“I put them on par with Alabama, maybe even a little more,â€￾ Schobert told the Dubuque Telegraph Herald. “They want to hit you more than Alabama wants to hit you. Alabama is a good, physical offensive line, but I think Iowa kind of takes it to that next step and wants to run at you and wants to physically punch you. We knew that coming in and they lived up to it today. It was just great competition between us and them.â€￾

He's nothing but a Kool-Aid drinker.

Seriously though, that is pretty high praise from a salty player.

ALABAMA - Miami - Troy - Hawaii - IOWA

Perception is a weird thing - so dependent on context that it is easily misconstrued.

It's cool for a reputable opponent to give you props but I wonder if CJ would agree after the beating he took from Pitt, or, all the hurries he experienced at Wisky (by young Mr. Schobert).

“I put them on par with Alabama, maybe even a little more,â€￾ Schobert told the Dubuque Telegraph Herald. “They want to hit you more than Alabama wants to hit you. Alabama is a good, physical offensive line, but I think Iowa kind of takes it to that next step and wants to run at you and wants to physically punch you. We knew that coming in and they lived up to it today. It was just great competition between us and them.â€￾

We will take that. Iowa has turned the corner toward
BULLIES of the Big Ten.,,,,

The whiners will likely be whining soon, against bullying.

LOL

#goHawks

Even if he wasn't being 100% truthful, I still think it's a great thing to say. I watch a lot of Alabama football and SEC football as a whole, and I will say jake Coker takes about 25% of the shots that CJB does. I know there are a lot of factors in this, but Iowa's line has a little ways to go to be an elite group.

We'll that's high praise. I'll trust his judgement more that what I see on TV. Of course Iowa does have room for improvement.

Even if he wasn't being 100% truthful, I still think it's a great thing to say. I watch a lot of Alabama football and SEC football as a whole, and I will say jake Coker takes about 25% of the shots that CJB does. I know there are a lot of factors in this, but Iowa's line has a little ways to go to be an elite group.

Perhaps he is really referring to attitude and tenacity more so than talent or performance. But as you say, great to hear, and hopefully it is an indication that things are moving in the right direction.

He's nothing but a Kool-Aid drinker.

Seriously though, that is pretty high praise from a salty player.
LOL - I think he is, for the time being, the best LB in the B!G if not all of college football. The Hawkeyes just need some more consistency on the OL. When they gel they get things done like moving the LOS 5 yards down the field. Then there are the lapses which come from the lack of experience. Pitt's defense was really good and they took advantage of every opportunity the OL gave them and CJ paid the price. Whisky's D was even better and they also took those advantages when they presented themselves. To the OL's credit there were a few less lapses at Camp Randall. The difference in that game was that the Hawkeye defense took advantage of every opportunity that came there way. The situational awareness shown by the D shows their experience.

Pitt's D hit really hard. Wisconsin's D was all over the field and hit really hard. C.J. needs to get rid of the ball our take off a little quicker to avoid since of those hits where the d is bringing more than the Hawks can block.

With Croston getting a few starts & Daniels seeing significant snaps, the Hawks will have five experienced linemen returning next year!

With Croston getting a few starts & Daniels seeing significant snaps, the Hawks will have five experienced linemen returning next year!

2016 is another charmin-soft schedule, too. Hopefully we've got some talent rolling into 2017 because that's when things get back to being tough (assuming current trends hold true).

September
3 Miami (Ohio) (FF)
10 Iowa State (Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series)
17 North Dakota State
24 at Rutgers
October
1 Northwestern (Homecoming)
8 at Minnesota
15 at Purdue
22 Wisconsin
29 Bye
November
5 at Penn State
12 Michigan (FW)
19 at Illinois
25 Nebraska (Hy-Vee Heroes Game) (S)

September
2 Open (FF)
9 at Iowa State (Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series)
16 North Texas
23 Open
30 at Michigan State
October
7 Illinois (Homecoming)
14 Penn State
21 at Northwestern
28 Minnesota (FW)
November
4 Ohio State
11 at Wisconsin
18 Purdue (S)
24 at Nebraska (Hy-Vee Heroes Game)

2016 is another charmin-soft schedule, too. Hopefully we've got some talent rolling into 2017 because that's when things get back to being tough (assuming current trends hold true).

September
3 Miami (Ohio) (FF)
17 North Dakota State
24 at Rutgers
October
8 at Minnesota
15 at Purdue
22 Wisconsin
29 Bye
November
5 at Penn State
12 Michigan (FW)
19 at Illinois

September
2 Open (FF)
16 North Texas
23 Open
30 at Michigan State
October
7 Illinois (Homecoming)
14 Penn State
21 at Northwestern
28 Minnesota (FW)
November
4 Ohio State
11 at Wisconsin
18 Purdue (S)

The next two years Wisconsin gets Michigan, Michigan State & the Bucks. The Hawks get Michigan, Penn State & Rutgers.

Honestly, I thought he was going to talk about the holes that opened up on his straight line to Sunshine.

But, definitely good praise and a good sign. They are back to punishing people, and that was with a couple backups getting time. Good sign indeed.

September
3 Miami (Ohio) (FF)
17 North Dakota State
24 at Rutgers
October
8 at Minnesota
15 at Purdue
22 Wisconsin
29 Bye
November
5 at Penn State
12 Michigan (FW)
19 at Illinois

September
2 Open (FF)
16 North Texas
23 Open
30 at Michigan State
October
7 Illinois (Homecoming)
14 Penn State
21 at Northwestern
28 Minnesota (FW)
November
4 Ohio State
11 at Wisconsin
18 Purdue (S)

That 2016 home slate looks very nice! If we continue to do well this year, the schedule is enticing enough that I think the fans may start to fill back in.

To the OP; that's great praise from the guy who was all over us, and (arguably) the best player on the field Saturday.

Nobody thinks that schobert is doing the humble-brag? Yes, the Iowa ol is nastier than alabama but I beat up on their Qb a fair bit...

I'm rooting for Schobert and Wisky the rest of the year. We want to tie Wisky for the division championship with one loss and win the tiebreaker!!!

Latest posts