Scherff Returning Next Year

Great news. I think he'll leave Iowa widely considered the best OL of the KF era. Yes I think he's that good.

New Nickname for Kinnick - IHOP.

With another year of development he is going to make opposing players just plain surrender.

It is tempting to gloat a bit at all those knee-jerk negative nellies who kept saying they were certain that Brandon would take the money and run, despite all the good reasons to stay(like move up from #35 to #5 in the draft next year)....but , not gonna do it. Just happy that Brandon saw the logic in returning to Iowa to max out his value in next years draft and get that sheepskin. Great news!

It is tempting to gloat a bit at all those knee-jerk negative nellies who kept saying they were certain that Brandon would take the money and run, despite all the good reasons to stay(like move up from #35 to #5 in the draft next year)....but , not gonna do it. Just happy that Brandon saw the logic in returning to Iowa to max out his value in next years draft and get that sheepskin. Great news!

I didn't see a lot of people being negative about it, more so realistic and quite honestly positive. Most think he is a great college player who's ready for the NFL. He's a fantastic NFL prospect. Thankfully we won't find out but I highly doubt he would still be available at pick #35 in April.

There isn't a single thing you could complain about with this young man. He is the prototypical Iowa player. Hard-nosed, fly off the ball, and knock people on their a$$. His attitude is tremendous. When I think of Scherff I picture him on the back of the John Deere gator pumping up the crowd while being driven off the field and into the tunnel after breaking his leg. Dude didn't even look like he was in pain. He didn't look like he was feeling sorry for himself. He looked like someone who knew he had broken his leg, but who also knew there was absolutely nothing that was going to stop him from coming back stronger. Having the composure and determination to not even flinch after an injury like that takes a special kind of tough. A kind of toughness that very few football players have.

I love how he announced it right now too. No need to deal with speculation. No need to be a distraction. Just get it out there and move on with your business. In case you can't tell, I find the string of good news coming out of the football program lately to be tremendously satisfying :)

#35???? What draft guru are you looking at? Almost everyone I've seen has him as a first rounder around the 20 spot. Whatevs, he will be top ten next year as long as he stays healthy.

Well played. I like how you said you weren't gonna do it......yet did it in a round about way.

If you judge by pro and college career, he has a shot. But judging only by college, I never saw anybody as good as Gallery on the OL since The Captain has been coaching us.

Amen to that, brother. Gallery was so fast and graceful for a man of that size. Shame he got picked by the Raiders. At least he wasn't as bad as Mandarich in the NFL.

Amen to that, brother. Gallery was so fast and graceful for a man of that size. Shame he got picked by the Raiders. At least he wasn't as bad as Mandarich in the NFL.

Frickin Mandarich....I could have grew up watching Barry if it weren't for that bust

#35???? What draft guru are you looking at? Almost everyone I've seen has him as a first rounder around the 20 spot. Whatevs, he will be top ten next year as long as he stays healthy.

I have never seen him higher than the 6th best tackle in the draft. How many times do 5 or 6 tackles go in the top 20? Reiff was supposed to be in the top 10, and he fell to #22. Bulaga was supposed to be similar and lasted late into the first round. These guys almost always drop as the draft occurs because skill players are easier to sell to the pro fans. I think he would be late first, early second round this year. Next year? Much weaker class for tackles...he could be #1 or 2 tackle, which puts him in the top 7-8 picks...

I didn't see a lot of people being negative about it, more so realistic and quite honestly positive. Most think he is a great college player who's ready for the NFL. He's a fantastic NFL prospect. Thankfully we won't find out but I highly doubt he would still be available at pick #35 in April.

It was part of the case against KF that they would build. No Scherff next year,LBers gone, we will drop off...that was the refrain.

It was not a slam dunk but those who prefer to see things bleak, kept saying it was for some reason....doom and gloom is more fun for them I guess.

His return makes me want to actually be positive for next year. A solid OL is a great way to start 2014

Latest posts