Scherff named 1st-team All-Pro

#1DieHardHawk

Great for him, especially going into new contract negotiations (Washington can't franchise him again).

Interesting side note, he is the first Washington player named 1st-team All-Pro since punter Matt Turk in 1996. Wow, now that is a long drought.

Another interesting side note, some writer didn't vote for Derrick Henry for the 1st team. Whoever that was should lose their voting privileges, IMO.

Wow, that's quite the honor - always good to see a former Hawk doing well professionally. Quite the recruiting tool, if nothing else.

The system isn't perfect, but All Pro is a pretty damned close approximation of the best football players in the world. Kind of hard to even fathom what is must feel like to be at the tip top of your profession like that. I'll sure as hell never come close!

Super surprised Wirfs didn’t make it. 1 sack allowed the entire year and 3 penalties

Fewest sacks allowed of the three guys who got picked, fewest penalties, and second most snaps played.

He should have been and All-Pro, let alone not even picked at all

Last edited:
Super surprised Wirfs didn’t make it. 1 sack allowed the entire year and 3 penalties

Fewest sacks allowed of the three guys who got picked, fewest penalties, and second most snaps played.

He should have been and All-Pro, let alone not even picked at all
A case certainly could have been made. He had a great year and undoubtedly will be All-NFL Rookie.

I think there's historically a bit of a bias by the voters towards veterans, especially at the non-skill positions where your stats aren't obvious.

I watched Scherff the other night. Man...he punishes people. On a pass play...he was uncovered...and he looks right...sees the tackle has his guy...looks left and sees the Center is engage with the DT...and he comes over and hits the DT from the side and sent him flying to the ground. It was nasty.

Wirfs is a beast...and he likely is on his way to years of All Pro recognition. I'm sure Tampa feels that was the steal of the draft.

F
I watched Scherff the other night. Man...he punishes people. On a pass play...he was uncovered...and he looks right...sees the tackle has his guy...looks left and sees the Center is engage with the DT...and he comes over and hits the DT from the side and sent him flying to the ground. It was nasty.

Wirfs is a beast...and he likely is on his way to years of All Pro recognition. I'm sure Tampa feels that was the steal of the draft.
Fucking Brady better get him a watch ( or a night with Giselle)

Love this...highest ranked rookie since...wait for it...Marshall Yanda. LOL. Awesome.

3. T TRISTAN WIRFS, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers desperately needed 13th overall pick Tristan Wirfs to step in as the starting right tackle and provide strong play right away. And they clearly got that and then some.

Wirfs closed out his rookie regular season as the second-highest-graded right tackle in the NFL (82.2). His 81.0 pass-blocking grade is also the second-best we have ever seen in the PFF era (since 2006) by a rookie right tackle — behind only Marshal Yanda in 2007. Wirfs held his own against several top-notch pass-rushers, such as Cameron Jordan and Joey Bosa, and is bound to continue that trend moving forward.

Last edited:

Latest posts