Schedule down the stretch

“We just have a different take on this. I think we can both agree Fran is doing enough to stay here. I think we can both agree Fran should not be fired. I think we can both agree he fields a competitive program. We are both huge supporters of the program clearly”

none of this true from you. You’ve said nothing but the opposite every chance you’ve been given. Seriously stfu
You can try to gaslight it all you want, but the truth it the truth....or opinions vary.

Look InGoodCo. Clearly, you are more satisfied than me and some others on this board over the body of work under Fran for the past 12 years. Simeone's less desirables can be someone else's treasure.

There are people that most likely agree with you just like they agree with me.

We just have a different take on this. I think we can both agree Fran is doing enough to stay here. I think we can both agree Fran should not be fired. I think we can both agree he fields a competitive program. We are both huge supporters of the program clearly.

Where we are different is I think he is under-achieving in terms of Big accomplishments. I also refuse to have Lucy pull the football away from at this time of the year because I have seen this act before.

No reason to act so salty and like I personally insulted you are something. It is nothing personal here.

If Fran gets over the hump it is a totally new ball game. But, he has not done it as of now. Would be great if this is the year.

But, I refuse to do backflips over this guy and his off-spring for things has not accomplished beyond the nice things he has already done.

Better than Lick and Alford, not quite Mr. Davis and certainly above.
I'm no fan of debbie downers, negative nancies or pessimistic people (which you might be close) but I have a stronger dislike for intolerant people. InGoodCo is off base here IMO. While I disagree with most of what you say, occasionally I agree. This post being one of them.

I'm no fan of debbie downers, negative nancies or pessimistic people (which you might be close) but I have a stronger dislike for intolerant people. InGoodCo is off base here IMO. While I disagree with most of what you say, occasionally I agree. This post being one of them.
If I am off base, I apologize - but HH56 literally only predicts bad things for the program and is a troll of epic levels. There is no way he's an actual Iowa fan and if he is one, he's fucking terrible at it.

If I am off base, I apologize - but HH56 literally only predicts bad things for the program and is a troll of epic levels. There is no way he's an actual Iowa fan and if he is one, he's fucking terrible at it.

He's a half glass empty type of guy, you both just see things differently. But I have no doubt HH56 is a Hawkeye fan. I enjoy his POV, we can't all have the same or it would be boring here.

He's a half glass empty type of guy, you both just see things differently. But I have no doubt HH56 is a Hawkeye fan. I enjoy his POV, we can't all have the same or it would be boring here.
sure, but he's a troll. I am glad you enjoy his troll, as an Iowa fan I do not.

As you may have noticed, I'm definitely closer to you than I am to HH56 in my "glass level" and the direction of the Hawkeyes and definitely noticed his habits of downplaying most everything but he has as much right to share his opinion on this board as we do.

I have plenty of friends that only downplay the positives within the programs and focus solely on the negatives, but they are some of the biggest Hawkeye fans there are. He's not a troll, he just wants Iowa to be more successful. Is that wrong? Appreciate what you have, hope for something more.

As has been said repeatedly on this board, if you can't handle reading what some are posting, there is an ignore option. Don't tell him to leave the board because of your feelings, some of us appreciate all perspectives - good or bad.

As you may have noticed, I'm definitely closer to you than I am to HH56 in my "glass level" and the direction of the Hawkeyes and definitely noticed his habits of downplaying most everything but he has as much right to share his opinion on this board as we do.

I have plenty of friends that only downplay the positives within the programs and focus solely on the negatives, but they are some of the biggest Hawkeye fans there are. He's not a troll, he just wants Iowa to be more successful. Is that wrong? Appreciate what you have, hope for something more.

As has been said repeatedly on this board, if you can't handle reading what some are posting, there is an ignore option. Don't tell him to leave the board because of your feelings, some of us appreciate all perspectives - good or bad

It's fine, I am just gonna leave, this board is a joke anyways and has been for some time. I mean, when it goes down for weeks at a time during football and basketball season, do we really need it?

I don't. This douche canoe has been in HN for years under a slew of profiles - it's the same tired routine he runs every season.

He's just a giant dip shit and all he does is shit on Iowa on this site. He hides it with backhanded compliments but he runs with the same old tired shit he constantly has on this board. He brings NO value and provides no insight that is valuable. He makes shitty comments about players and Fran regularly - I don't need or value his opinion at all.

I get that's a me thing, so this is the end of the road for me on HN - this place is trash

It's fine, I am just gonna leave, this board is a joke anyways and has been for some time. I mean, when it goes down for weeks at a time during football and basketball season, do we really need it?

I don't. This douche canoe has been in HN for years under a slew of profiles - it's the same tired routine he runs every season.

He's just a giant dip shit and all he does is shit on Iowa on this site. He hides it with backhanded compliments but he runs with the same old tired shit he constantly has on this board. He brings NO value and provides no insight that is valuable. He makes shitty comments about players and Fran regularly - I don't need or value his opinion at all.

I get that's a me thing, so this is the end of the road for me on HN - this place is trash
Sigh.

Sorry you feel this way, I know we don't always see eye to eye but at the end of the day was are all Hawkeye fans.

If you think this place is trash go hang out at Rivals, you have enough 1/2 glass empty perspectives and trolls to give you a headache.

Sorry you feel this way, I know we don't always see eye to eye but at the end of the day was are all Hawkeye fans.

If you think this place is trash go hang out at Rivals, you have enough 1/2 glass empty perspectives and trolls to give you a headache.
Or reddit, don't think I've seen a positive post from a Hawkeye on Reddit in awhile. Even after #3 Iowa beat #4 PSU it was all about how terrible our fans are for booing PSU's fake injuries.

I am indeed grateful that I know nothing about Reddit.
There's actually a lot of good information out there if you know how to sort through all the trash. It's the only social media I use because it's "anonymous". Same as here though, more of a lurker than a commentator though.

Last edited:
You are off base. All my life I have been a Hawkeye Fan and for good reason. I admit I joke around and be can be critical, but I'm not all doom and gloom. We have competitive programs in our major supports, a blue-blood king-historic wrestling program, a very good women's basketball program among others.

I just remember times when we got more juice out of things....in particular our men's basketball program.

You may say I shit on things (your opinion), but I would really lay that at the feet of Bob Bowlsby and Gary Barta. Their decisions have ultimately have been what has hampered or held-back these programs from being good to possibly great (or down right dead at times under their watches) imho when it all comes down to it. You could also say they are responsible for consistency in the programs and I think you would be right as well.

I don't expect a Big Ten Title or a Sweet 16 every year. Personally, I think if they are getting to the NCAAs 3 out of every 5 years that is good. And Fran is currently doing that and hence why I think he should be in no danger.

If they get into the NCAAs (and I concede they have a decent shot, I'm just cautious about it considering Fran's history) it will be a very good accomplishment for him. I don't think a lot of people expected (including myself) they would be in this position right now after losing Garza and Joe W.

But, I'm a hungry fan right now. It has been forever since we have won the conference (what over 40 years) and Mr. Davis's last year in the Sweet 16. I want a big accomplishment to get this program continuing to progress. I just do. And Fran is on year 12 without any of these things. Just give us something man to say hey look at this great accomplishment.

Even Kirk can point to things (Co-Big Ten titles, Orange Bowl win, several New Years Day wins, Big Ten Title game appearances, etc).

Last edited:

If it helps I'm sorry. I don't want you to leave the board. I'm being sincere here, you are mistaken on this. My style or thinking might not be the same, but we are both in same boat.

5df3d942c0e9c5f8a5127c4993cebdcb-jpg.8701

If it helps I'm sorry. I don't want you to leave the board. I'm being sincere here, you are mistaken on this. My style or thinking might not be the same, but we are both in same boat.
You've taken the high road.......not sure what you have to apologize for but I tip my hat to you. Keep voicing your opinion. Rose colored glasses are not a requirement as far as I know.