Sayin Hi not Hatin

littlepinkpowerwagon = HuskerForever
:mad:

I duno man power wagons are pretty big hence the name. Again im not a hater just thought it was funny i didnt see any husker hats in central iowa.

Whats with the return hate. Have i come on here spouting all kinds of Husker Power garbage. Saying were number one and all that crap. I know my place, i know what my team has done lately. And even if we were at the top i still wouldnt do that crap because im not that type of person i am.

You obviously have the internet, just order one online sparky. ;)

On a serious but side note, maybe the Big10 can somehow make Nebraska relevant again.

I dont know if nebraska will ever be as relevant as it was in the 90s. But im ok with that. Win lose im still a fan. Just being able to see a game on tv would be nice.

... why do I have "Dueling Banjos" going through my head while I read this thread?

Welcome, BigRedPowrWagon!

I duno man power wagons are pretty big hence the name. Again im not a hater just thought it was funny i didnt see any husker hats in central iowa.

Whats with the return hate. Have i come on here spouting all kinds of Husker Power garbage. Saying were number one and all that crap. I know my place.

My hate comes from the fact that I am around a lot of ignorant Husker fans in this part of the state. If you aren't one I apologize, but to come across a Husker fan who isn't ignorant is so very rare. As soon as Nebraska LOST to Texas last year the national championship talk for next year had already begun. Check that, when Pelini was hired. Check that, when Frank Solich was fired for winning 9 games. Actually, has the national championship talk in Lincoln ever stopped? Even when Callahan was destroying the program?

Whats with the return hate. Have i come on here spouting all kinds of Husker Power garbage. Saying were number one and all that crap. I know my place, i know what my team has done lately. And even if we were at the top i still wouldnt do that crap because im not that type of person i am.

I not hatin lil bro just funnin ya. I bet yer closet is full of sleeveless shirtz.

Your inability to communicate using the English language does give me a headache, though.

Red Truck buddy-- yeah man--- cornhuskers are not the biggest "fans" over here... if there is almost anything that unites a cyclone and hawkeye fan it's beating Lincoln.

i too have dealt with too many cornhusker fans that are well.... beyond douchie.... as a 33 yr life long black and gold bred phreak, i will be the first to acknowledge we have our share of crazies, but even then, one thing that is a bit of a hawkeye pride is our pride of honesty and keepn in real, when we're down.... we own it, and when we're up, hell yeah---rock out with your hawk out!

it'll be great to get the rivalry going again, well, even though we really never had one although we've played a few times.... and really hope for both programs to keep up their A-game (i personally hate playing teams that aren't on their a-game)

it's been a good decade and a good 33 years to be a hawkeye and even on the WTF years, it's still good to be a hawkeye!

I gave fair warning my spelling is terrible. But i do type 98wpm so maybe if i slowed that down i would be more accurate. Probally not though:p

Sleeveless shirts. Thats not a husker thing thats a midwest thing. Cummon i go to the iowa state fair every year. Iowans still rock the mullett:eek:

And Kinnick1976 all i know is i dont judge people unless i get to meet them. If we win i wont gloat, if we lose i wont wine. Thats not my style, not every husker fan is like that either and the ones who are obviously stopped moving forward after 1997. And as far as national championship stuff goes. Of course we talk about it every year, many many iowa hawkey fans talked about it as well. We had the tools last year we just couldnt of come up with the goods is all. Next year who knows only time will tell. As far as what iowa will do. Again you just never know. Stanzi had better stay awake for 4 quarters instead of just 2 this year so there are no more frickin 4 quarter heart attacks for you guys.

i too have dealt with too many cornhusker fans that are well.... beyond douchie.... as a 33 yr life long black and gold bred phreak, i will be the first to acknowledge we have our share of crazies, but even then, one thing that is a bit of a hawkeye pride is our pride of honesty and keepn in real, when we're down.... we own it, and when we're up, hell yeah---rock out with your hawk out!

QUOTE]

I can honestly say that this type of thought process must come from the 90s. When we were beating teams really badly during that time putting 60pts on the board. Husker fans kept patting there backs saying how awsome we were. But then 2001 and it all started going down hill. But you see the dilusional husker fans just kept patting there backs saying were number one. Remember when we 60pted you. Remember when we owned you. Yea not so much anymore. Even in 2007 our worst year in recent history there were still dillusions of grandure about. To much koolaid being sold in stores. Im a realistic kinda guy. We had a good run in the 90s but yea those times are over. Though if we do get this rivalry going and you make it to memorial. Check out the championship trophys on display there pretty cool. Lots of history there even a empty rose bowl trophy case since weve never won there.

Welcome to the boards! Hopefully we are as nice to you here as you guys are being to me over on your boards.

Welcome Big Red. I hope that Nebraska does join the Big 10. It will make for an epic rivalry between the Huskers and the Hawks. There is alot of Nebraksa bias on this board because HN has had trouble with some Nebraska posters who come over to troll, hence the HuskersFoerever reference. ( A particularly nasty troll ) In general Husker fans tend to look down their noses at Iowa because the all time series is pretty lopsided in Nebraska's favor, and they have been better historically than Iowa has, so they tend to treat Hawk fans as if our program is not relevant or worthy to be mentioned in the same breath as Big Red. Trust me...that is an attitude that seems to permeate the Big 10, so Nebby will fit right in. The one thing that I think Husker fans will be surpised at is how much better Iowa is than when we used to play in OOC games. I think the modern series will be much more competetive as Coach Ferentz has made Iowa a force to be reckoned with in the last decade, and Pelini has Nebraska turned around and headed back. It will make for some exciting knock down drag out battles. As far as game day atmosphere, (I know I am biased but...) I have been to both Kinnick and Memorial Stadium. I was disappointed with the lack of tailgating around the stadium due to it's location. Like many others we just partied at a bar and took the bus in to the game. Kinnick is like a massive party that starts around the stadium and fans out for miles. You honestly can't take in the entire experience in just one game. Anyways here's hoping Nebraksa joins the Big 10 party and you get the opportunity to experience Kinnick first hand. you will always be welcome at my tailgate!

Welcome, BRPW.

I grew up in Omaha and SW Iowa, so I have also traveled the demilitarized zone between Husker nation and Hawkeye nation. There's been quite a Hawkeye underground movement in Omaha since the Fry era, and my experience from the 80s and 90s is, naturally, a whole lotta arrogant Husker fans, but things have calmed down since then, and I think a NU/UI rivalry in the new Big 16 would be very passionate, but also mostly respectful. I think many realize that these two fan bases are a lot more alike than they are different.

And let's not forget that African swallows are not migratory...