Sandeman hit

Dantonio said today that he is sending a video of the call the the league for review. If it were for taunting I do not think he would do this.

I'd actually like to see his own head coach show some humanity and suspend the kid himself...but that's just me...

Not going to happen. Dantonio is actually sending the film into the Big Ten to contest the flag. No lie, there was an article on this.

Not going to happen. Dantonio is actually sending the film into the Big Ten to contest the flag. No lie, there was an article on this.

Then he will just get confirmation that it was an illegal hit and he will look stupid for contesting it. Either way, it won't change a thing. We still be 8-0!

Question on the foul, because the CR Gazette has conflicting reports. One reporter said that the call was for taunting, while another said it was Head-to-head contact. I thought it was head to head, but the guy also posed over Sandeman after the play. Which was it?

No suspension...the flag for temporary paralyzation of an opposing player...I wish i could say he wasn't trying to take Sandeman out but I doubt any of our DB's would have had a problem with doing the same thing to an exposed MSU receiver...it was just a big hit in my book, no one died...

I don't think Ware should be suspended for the hit, I DO however believe there should be some consequence for taunting an injured player. You don't get much more "unsportsmanlike" than that. What goes around comes around...

Dantonio said today that he is sending a video of the call the the league for review. If it were for taunting I do not think he would do this.

Spank should send him the pitcure of the hit he posted in a previous thread. I can not believe Dantonio is contending this. (Assuming his contention is based on helmet-to-helmet)

Hopefully MSU's AD pulls Dantonio in for a little sit down and tells him to drop it. MSU doesn't do itself any favors in public opinion by contesting this.

Images of upset coach vs. Images of a kid "seizing" on the football field? Pretty sure I know where the public opinion comes down on this one.

Intentional or not doesn't matter. It was leading helmet-to-helmet. Throw the flag.

Should he be suspended? Don't care. Is there a Big10 rule about suspensions already?

And I wouldn't be explaining away an Iowa player leading helmet-to-helmet as simply playing hard.

Definitely. Anyone who argues with that penalty is a MSU homer beyond belief. Agree with the other posters on proper contact is to hit in the chest and wrap. Too much showboating and too much crap. And the standing over Sandeman as he lays helplessly is mindboggling.

To anyone who says that we would be saying an Iowa player doing that had simply been playing hard...I say you are very wrong. There is no place in the game for that kind of crap...and I would be saying so if any of Iowa's players had delivered that hit as well.

Taunting and showboating by Ware is what I wish the penalty was for, the hit was a football play that happens. Ware standing over Sandeman showboating, that he hurt him is uncalled for.

clicheusername3 quit trolling on this board and using "our" in your post. You are not a Hawkeye as I have read many of your post in other threads. You are, however, pathetic.

To all MSU haters. You should be ticked at your corner. If he, in the 4 yards he had to size up Sandeman, puts his face mask on the ball and drives through him theres a high probability he fumbles and you have a huge turnover. Instead you lead with you head and forearms and didn't attempt to wrap up. How many personal foul facemask have we all seen in games? 100's. Were any of these intentional? Not very many. Is it still a 15 yard penalty? Yes. Intentional or not, this is the rule. I believe it was intentional. The B10 needs to punish this type of hit just like the NFL. Also, if you watched the Dallas game yesterday, their corner, lead with his shoulder to the chest, and destroyed the receiver on a similar play. It was a big hit and didn't knock the guy out and cause him to posture for 15 seconds.

As posted in another thread - here's the rule. Sandeman was concentrating on the ball and regardless if it was H2H (it was), he still went at the head, which is illegal and Ware should have been ejected.

PROTECTION OF DEFENSELESS PLAYERS—In 2008, the committee
introduced a separate rule prohibiting initiating contact with and targeting a
defenseless opponent (Rule 9-1-3).
The following are situations in which defenseless players are susceptible to
serious injury:
• The quarterback moving down the line of scrimmage who has handed or
pitched the ball to a teammate, and then makes no attempt to participate
further in the play;
• The kicker who is in the act of kicking the ball, or who has not had a
reasonable length of time to regain his balance after the kick;
• The passer who is in the act of throwing the ball, or who has not had a
reasonable length of time to participate in the play again after releasing the
ball;
• The pass receiver whose concentration is on the ball;
• The pass receiver who has clearly relaxed when the pass is no longer
catchable;
• The kick receiver whose attention is on the downward flight of the ball;
• The kick receiver who has just touched the ball;
• The player who has relaxed once the ball has become dead; and
• The player who is obviously out of the play.
POINTS OF EMPHASIS FR-9
These players are protected by rules that have been in place for many years. It
is of the utmost importance that participants, coaches and game officials carefully
and diligently observe safety rules.
Intentional helmet-to-helmet contact is never legal, nor is any other blow directed toward an opponent’s head.
Flagrant offenders shall be disqualified.

Latest posts