San Diego vs San Francisco

I checked CJ’s numbers 10 or so minutes ago, it looks like he is playing pretty well.

CJ was light years ahead of last year. The big interception return hit Celek right in the numbers...he botched it and it got picked off and returned 94 yards to the 3 yard line. Completely on Celek and a huge play in the game. He should have seen the blitz coming on the last play though...they had mini screen on the backside and he was trying to look off the defense to the right...when he came back...the blitzer was in his face.

He threw the ball very, very well today. There were three outright drops that I saw including the interception that should have been caught by Celek.

Kittle is unbelievable. He outran the safeties on the long touchdown. He's going to be a star in this league.

CJ was light years ahead of last year. The big interception return hit Celek right in the numbers...he botched it and it got picked off and returned 94 yards to the 3 yard line. Completely on Celek and a huge play in the game. He should have seen the blitz coming on the last play though...they had mini screen on the backside and he was trying to look off the defense to the right...when he came back...the blitzer was in his face.

He threw the ball very, very well today. There were three outright drops that I saw including the interception that should have been caught by Celek.

Kittle is unbelievable. He outran the safeties on the long touchdown. He's going to be a star in this league.
Yeah CJ looks like how a 2nd yr QB under the same coach/coordinator should be looking. He's better then he was last yr. Still tends to try and hold the ball too long and trys to play super man out there sometimes but when he plants his feet to step into a throw he can put it where it's supposed to go. The only thing I'll correct you on is that Kittle may already be one. He's unreal and the rest of the NFL is just starting to realize it. Dude outran DBs that had an angle on him.. What else do you need to say about the guy. Hope CJ can stay healthy and not keep taking some of the shots he's taking. If he's trying to prove how tough he is he's already long done did that. Now he's gotta show he can play smart unlike Jimmy G. Doesn't matter how good you are if your unavailable to play due to being hurt.

San Francisco losing Staley was pretty huge. They got pressure from the left side all game after he left.

After watching highlights...CJ has some freaking arm talent. He got away with a few that he threw off his back foot or under pressure, but man when he decides where to go...it's out with some velocity. If you get a chance, watch the long touchdown to Kittle...it was such a quick throw/arm motion, but it traveled 33 yards with some velocity hitting him in stride. His accuracy today was better than I have seen it. He was hitting guys on the money in stride.

CJ is legit...they just have to protect him. They were getting way too many hits on him...and not every time he was holding it too long.

San Francisco losing Staley was pretty huge. They got pressure from the left side all game after he left.

After watching highlights...CJ has some freaking arm talent. He got away with a few that he threw off his back foot or under pressure, but man when he decides where to go...it's out with some velocity. If you get a chance, watch the long touchdown to Kittle...it was such a quick throw/arm motion, but it traveled 33 yards with some velocity hitting him in stride. His accuracy today was better than I have seen it. He was hitting guys on the money in stride.

CJ is legit...they just have to protect him. They were getting way too many hits on him...and not every time he was holding it too long.

Yeah, I have a friend who is not even a casual football fan who thought CJ wouldnt even be taken by a team. I said I thought his quick release, arm strength, accuracy, and leadership skills would. CJ sure played well at Iowa for 2.5 years even while being hobbled.

Yeah even his TD throw to Bourne was as quick and accurate as could be. He's certainly gotten better. But his luck with having a decent Oline around him has just always been crap. Losing Staley will hurt bad and his line isn't the best to start with. Nothing will affect a playbook more than having an Oline that can't keep hands off the QB for more then 2 seconds.

Its so great that CJ is back starting. The guy basically played hurt after the ISU game his JR year for the rest of his career. Tough f'ing dude.

Its spilled milk now I know but its kinda sad to think about what coulda been with DW playing with his head on straight, CJ, Kittle, and MVB all healthy and playing for Iowa in 2015 & 2016. Those guys with Wadley and Daniels, damn.

Hope his injury luck is better in San Fran.

What's really impressive is that yesterday his protection after the firs couple of series was crap, and he still made huge plays. On top of that, neither interception was on him. The first was off the receiver's hands, and the second was due to being immediately hit from an unblocked blitzer while releasing the ball (Though you could argue that not adjusting the protection was his own fault. Something he also struggled with at Iowa.).

GeorgeK.wide-out? Speed and Loves to Block.Pro bowl 2021?

What's really impressive is that yesterday his protection after the firs couple of series was crap, and he still made huge plays. On top of that, neither interception was on him. The first was off the receiver's hands, and the second was due to being immediately hit from an unblocked blitzer while releasing the ball (Though you could argue that not adjusting the protection was his own fault. Something he also struggled with at Iowa.).

CJ was responsible for that last pick...only because he knew they didn't have anyone to block the LB based on their formation. He should have thrown it away. Shanahan was talking about it in his presser. His real problem was that he tried to look the defense to the right...when he shouldn't have done that based on the way the Chargers lined up. He needed to know if that guy was coming and if so...chuck it out of bounds. Definitely a second year or young player mistake...but damn...he looked like an NFL starting QB for the first time to me...and one that could be a playmaker in the league. Great for him...I'm happy for him.

Two things.

1) CJ is getting the ball out pretty quick most times.
2) The 49'ers D has to get a lot better. This was not a loss on CJ.

CJ was responsible for that last pick...only because he knew they didn't have anyone to block the LB based on their formation. He should have thrown it away. Shanahan was talking about it in his presser. His real problem was that he tried to look the defense to the right...when he shouldn't have done that based on the way the Chargers lined up. He needed to know if that guy was coming and if so...chuck it out of bounds. Definitely a second year or young player mistake...but damn...he looked like an NFL starting QB for the first time to me...and one that could be a playmaker in the league. Great for him...I'm happy for him.
Yes, as I pointed out parenthetically in the last line.

Yes, as I pointed out parenthetically in the last line.

Sorry, I have a fear of parenthesis, parenthesisitis, so I didn't read that. I'm working with a therapist to overcome it. Apparently my mother not paying attention to me and 12 years of Catholic School had something to do with it. Nuns...can't live with them...can't kill them.

thanks for your patience.

Sorry, I have a fear of parenthesis, parenthesisitis, so I didn't read that. I'm working with a therapist to overcome it. Apparently my mother not paying attention to me and 12 years of Catholic School had something to do with it. Nuns...can't live with them...can't kill them.

thanks for your patience.
I had enough trouble in grammar class with dangling participles.

Parenthesisitis practically drove me to drink.

Might as well be a showcase of ex-Hawkeyes.

Chiefs / Broncos on now...
#47 Josey Jewell
#42 Casey Krieter
#53 Anthony Hitchens
#56 Ben Niemann

Would be an interesting article to list all the KF era players who made it to the NFL and what their total earnings were. Also see how many were walk-ons, last scholarship guy, 2-start guy, etc.

Latest posts