Same Ol...Same Ol...Same Ol Hawkeyes

Talk about not waiting until the fat lady sings or actually wait until the clock is at 0:00 or ESPN puts the win probability at 100%, ha.

And revkev73 and others should know that wisconsin was hot at the beginning of the 2nd half and then slowly cooled off. The hawks extended the defense and pressed and wisky didnt adjust.

Most times a team with a 12 point lead with 7 minutes to go will win but wisky is a mediocre team on the road who was shooting very well. In this case 7 minutes can be a long time as it is basically 5 possessions. Wisky was probably a 75% winner at that time but....

Wisky missed 3 shots and had 3 turnovers while the hawks got hot and the stats started to even out.
Iowa appeared to be the better team, by far. Lots of times the better team comes back with a push, if behind, and the "lesser team" is caught in the corner in the ropes, bleeding out. As I watched Garza's mannerisms when Iowa was down but nibbling back, I thought there was a good chance. He is a warrior. He grinds his teeth together and pushes on.

His comments are understandable, although his motives might not be pure.

This was a freak win, the best of all, where Iowa probably should have lost, but won ugly, against a team that is filled with hacks, and vs one of your biggest rivals, a thorn in the flesh for the entire program.

It is not often you win a game after being 12 down with 7 minutes to play. And although you rely on the 3-point shot you shoot 15%, and your team contributes 4 points from the bench.

The stars were aligned for sure. I think the trapping game Iowa used eventually wore down Wisconsin. It seemed that Wisconsin lost their aggression to attack the zone once it was broken. Perhaps they had some choke and fright in them when the tide turned, but they looked pretty gassed.

Great win, that certainly looked to be a reach with 7 minutes to play. This team has some real grit.

Toussaint and CJ both really lights out for freshmen, who were "lower level" recruits.

How nice the king of Badger BB hacks...was called for a flagrant foul vs CMac. Exposed for what he is and they are.
C'mon Rev, it wasn't a freak win, and if it was I'm not giving it back.

I mentioned in two threads that we came back from a similar defecit with similar amount of remaining time against Northwestern last year. How about Purdue in Mackey a few years ago?

How many times have we lost games because Izzo or Ryan had teams who executed better in the final five minutes than we did? How much difference (for Izzo and Ryan) did those two or three ugly wins make in the standings, for conference tournament seeding, for NCAA seeding, or NCAA vs NIT?

Someone else mentioned that Fran suddenly looks like a smarter coach now that's he's got personnel with onions. I keep coming back to our non conference schedule. It was tough, lots of neutral and road games. It helped prepare us for tough B1G battles and close games.

There are no style points deducted for ugly wins and there's no partial credit for pretty losses. I know you know that. The problem is we have been conditioned since the Davis era to expect to lose close and overtime games, and for the other team to always make the play. Were not used to our players being the cold blooded assassin's.

C'mon Rev, it wasn't a freak win, and if it was I'm not giving it back.

I mentioned in two threads that we came back from a similar defecit with similar amount of remaining time against Northwestern last year. How about Purdue in Mackey a few years ago?

How many times have we lost games because Izzo or Ryan had teams who executed better in the final five minutes than we did? How much difference (for Izzo and Ryan) did those two or three ugly wins make in the standings, for conference tournament seeding, for NCAA seeding, or NCAA vs NIT?

Someone else mentioned that Fran suddenly looks like a smarter coach now that's he's got personnel with onions. I keep coming back to our non conference schedule. It was tough, lots of neutral and road games. It helped prepare us for tough B1G battles and close games.

There are no style points deducted for ugly wins and there's no partial credit for pretty losses. I know you know that. The problem is we have been conditioned since the Davis era to expect to lose close and overtime games, and for the other team to always make the play. Were not used to our players being the cold blooded assassin's.
Ok, if you don't care for freak, I would say, improbable. Iowa looked to be the better team (which doesn't often mean a win) Perhaps better than improbable would be great, especially a great comeback vs Wisconsin, sealed by a flagrant foul from a dirtbag Badger. Well done Fran and team. How is that!!!! It was certainly a nice surprise, given the fact Iowa was down by 12 with 7 minutes to play. Perhaps this game will help to keep the Badgers out of the Big Dance, that would be sweet, for sure.

Ok, if you don't care for freak, I would say, improbable. Iowa looked to be the better team (which doesn't often mean a win) Perhaps better than improbable would be great, especially a great comeback vs Wisconsin, sealed by a flagrant foul from a dirtbag Badger. Well done Fran and team. How is that!!!! It was certainly a nice surprise, given the fact Iowa was down by 12 with 7 minutes to play. Perhaps this game will help to keep the Badgers out of the Big Dance, that would be sweet, for sure.
Ok I can see all the angles you took there. The Wisconsin nemesis angle, the Davison angle, the NIT(for Wisconsin) angle, the comeback angle. I can understand all that. It's like we exercised about half a dozen demons in one night.

Ok I can see all the angles you took there. The Wisconsin nemesis angle, the Davison angle, the NIT(for Wisconsin) angle, the comeback angle. I can understand all that. It's like we exercised about half a dozen demons in one night.
Yes, Kirk and staff would do well to watch that exorcism comeback replay vs Wisconsin several hundred times in prep for next year vs Bucky.

Yes, Kirk and staff would do well to watch that exorcism comeback replay vs Wisconsin several hundred times in prep for next year vs Bucky.
I was thinking the same thing ... and just because you get punched in the nuts does not mean you can't come back and get the win.

Yes we could win on a last minute drive kept alive by a fake punt after whatever running back replaced Taylor fumbles at the goal line.

Would that exorcise enough demons?

I was thinking the same thing ... and just because you get punched in the nuts does not mean you can't come back and get the win.
That punk should be suspended, intentional, very dangerous to "those", and to the knee of MCac...jerk move.