Sally's got a gun

Iowa city is just not a good place to be a college kid right now, especially an athlete. im almost afraid to ever go drinking there again cause of the cops. i think alot of it has to do with sally mason. so theres one reason why she needs to go. and now this coker crap

I think the donor who paid for it before Mason ever arrived was behind it.

The donor didn't pay for it. She donated 1 million dollars to a new boathouse and it was build for 7 million after her death.

It was built in 2009. Sally Mason started at Iowa in 2007.

People were pretty upset then that Carver didn't get the attention first.

The donor didn't pay for it. She donated 1 million dollars to a new boathouse and it was build for 7 million after her death.

It was built in 2009. Sally Mason started at Iowa in 2007.

People were pretty upset then that Carver didn't get the attention first.

What? Dr. beckwith died? Or, are you talking out of your 'a$s' like many on here?

Dr. beckwith's specialty is rectal surgery. Perhaps she can help you..:that's if she is still living.

That said, why there is a rowing team defies logic.

Iowa City used to be a fun place. Its gotten a little stingy there the last few years, make that in the last 5 years.

FWIW someone cracking down on drinking if fine. It's the idiots that can't keep themselves out of trouble that are the problem. Keep it in perspective.

This is from TOS and sums it up rather nicely:
"I think Coker got suspended against Kirk's wishes for the bowl game and that was enough for him to leave. I have no idea at what level that would have came down from.

But as an Iowa Alum, I find her to be an awful, miserable hag of a woman who has tried to minimize the spirit of the University. She is terrible and exudes an aura of gloom

They should have never ran Skorton off"

Would any of the people coming out of the woodwork care to explain this thread?

I'm not exactly sure what I'm allowed to say under Jon's rules, he's been a little inconsistent on that front ;), but if you step back and look at the situation from a distance it seems as though someone in a very high position at the UofI felt that he/she got some egg on his/her face as the result of another sexual assault case involving some former Iowa athletes. As a result of this he/she has a super secret zero-tolerance policy when it comes to any legal issues with Iowa athletes, especially so in the case of sexual assault or even alleged sexual assault to the extent that if a female student were to have sex with an Iowa athlete and then claim that it was not consensual but almost immediately recant her statement after a few questions were asked then a totally bogus rule might be looked up in the student code of conduct handbook to punish said player just to make it clear the he/she in the very high position of authority was really really serious.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm allowed to say under Jon's rules, he's been a little inconsistent on that front ;), but if you step back and look at the situation from a distance it seems as though someone in a very high position at the UofI felt that he/she got some egg on his/her face as the result of another sexual assault case involving some former Iowa athletes. As a result of this he/she has a super secret zero-tolerance policy when it comes to any legal issues with Iowa athletes, especially so in the case of sexual assault or even alleged sexual assault to the extent that if a female student were to have sex with an Iowa athlete and then claim that it was not consensual but almost immediately recant her statement after a few questions were asked then a totally bogus rule might be looked up in the student code of conduct handbook to punish said player just to make it clear the he/she in the very high position of authority was really really serious.

Thanks. I get it what it's about though.
I misinterpreted the subject to begin with is all.
I should have known it was about the Prez.

If this is as many are describing it...it's part of a recurrent cycle which is as predictable as Halley's comet, but unfortunately more frequent. East Campus characters have to act out their resentment toward the athletic department.

Whether it's the financial success of athletics, the abhorrent male-dominated atmosphere of competition, the undeniable popularity of the Hawkeyes...and in particular the football team, that drives them... or just their general elitist attitude that sustains them like formula from an infant's bottle combined with their own deep-seeded insecurities...(probably some combination of the above). A statement has to be made. And every few years...it is.

And Sally will lap up the praise like cream from a saucer at the next faculty cocktail reception. Oh yes...those athletes...what wretched simpletons. Why must we put up with them on our campus?!

This is from TOS and sums it up rather nicely:
"I think Coker got suspended against Kirk's wishes for the bowl game and that was enough for him to leave. I have no idea at what level that would have came down from.

But as an Iowa Alum, I find her to be an awful, miserable hag of a woman who has tried to minimize the spirit of the University. She is terrible and exudes an aura of gloom

They should have never ran Skorton off"

You know you don't know any facts? I'm sure Mason has a reasonable temperament, and while she probably understands the importance of the football program to the university, she also probably realizes she is the head of a public educational institution.

If this is as many are describing it...it's part of a recurrent cycle which is as predictable as Halley's comet, but unfortunately more frequent. East Campus characters have to act out their resentment toward the athletic department.

Whether it's the financial success of athletics, the abhorrent male-dominated atmosphere of competition, the undeniable popularity of the Hawkeyes...and in particular the football team, that drives them... or just their general elitist attitude that sustains them like formula from an infant's bottle combined with their own deep-seeded insecurities...(probably some combination of the above). A statement has to be made. And every few years...it is.

And Sally will lap up the praise like cream from a saucer at the next faculty cocktail reception. Oh yes...those athletes...what wretched simpletons. Why must we put up with them on our campus?!

*rolls eyes*

Latest posts