Sally's got a gun

You know you don't know any facts? I'm sure Mason has a reasonable temperament, and while she probably understands the importance of the football program to the university, she also probably realizes she is the head of a public educational institution.

I really don't care if this never happened, I just think Sally Mason is one of the weakest leaders UI has had in my lifetime. Mary Sue Coleman, Skorton recently were among some of the best. And Skorton got run off by the regents.

This is from TOS and sums it up rather nicely:
"I think Coker got suspended against Kirk's wishes for the bowl game and that was enough for him to leave. I have no idea at what level that would have came down from.

But as an Iowa Alum, I find her to be an awful, miserable hag of a woman who has tried to minimize the spirit of the University. She is terrible and exudes an aura of gloom

They should have never ran Skorton off"

Was Skorton really run off? Pretty sure he left for the Ivy League so I assumed he left on his own volition. But I have no clue about the circumstances of his departure.

I always thought Skorton was a great president. He did a really nice job connecting with students which I think is uncommon for a university president.

Was Skorton really run off? Pretty sure he left for the Ivy League so I assumed he left on his own volition. But I have no clue about the circumstances of his departure.

I always thought Skorton was a great president. He did a really nice job connecting with students which I think is uncommon for a university president.

It was kind of a deal where the regents gave raises to the presidents of UNI, and ISU but said no to Skorton.

Skorton and his wife had been at Iowa for years and he was and is highly respected by his peers and by members of the University community. Unfortunately, the board of regents decided they should run the University so Skorton left town. His departure left a huge void at the University.

Skorton and his wife had been at Iowa for years and he was and is highly respected by his peers and by members of the University community. Unfortunately, the board of regents decided they should run the University so Skorton left town. His departure left a huge void at the University.

exactly

Gartner and Forsythe did.Root cause Wellmark acts like the mafia, skorton rightfully disputed proposed rates in negotiation on behalf of UIHC, and the underhanded efforts of those guys to name the college of public health.

Guess who was connected in a variety of DM boards.

Long search, ended up with SM

Iowa City used to be a fun place. Its gotten a little stingy there the last few years, make that in the last 5 years.

don't worry, i'm sure iowa city sells more alcohol each and every year. i went there in the early 90s, had fun. i visited the night of the tornado and can tell you that it is still a fun place, the students still have fun.

that is the problem - iowa city is an easy place to get into trouble. on top of that, it is a fishbowl of sorts.

Gartner and Forsythe did.Root cause Wellmark acts like the mafia, skorton rightfully disputed proposed rates in negotiation on behalf of UIHC, and the underhanded efforts of those guys to name the college of public health. Guess who was connected in a variety of DM boards.Long search, ended up with SM
I knew I remembered something about uihc and the insurance company

remember that we really struggled to find both a president and an AD during the last two searches.

Alot of the president thing had to do with the regents getting their fingers too far involved. If I remember right they just tried to railroad through a president choice without much UI input, than had to open another search.

At this point I just hope Sally and certain regents retire/leave.

As much as I would love to crucify Sally Mason or some other administrator over Coker's departure I suspect the blame more appropriately rests with a university Code of Conduct that was developed by fuzzy-head academic bureaucrats drawing on decades of politically correct, minority- and gender-disadvantaged studies and recommended practices and policies. Unfortunately, that crap is metastasized onto the jurisprudence backbone of higher education and very likely would be near impossible to change or remove, assuming you had bureaucrats even interested in doing so.

Sometimes it's really funny watching you guys try to contemplate things you don't understand. It's like watch a dog sit in the driver's seat of a parked car.

That may be a bad analogy because at least the dog seemingly understands the concept of which seat to be in.

That may be a bad analogy because at least the dog seemingly understands the concept of which seat to be in.

Maybe, but it's just as funny to watch.

dog-driving1.jpg

Alot of the president thing had to do with the regents getting their fingers too far involved. If I remember right they just tried to railroad through a president choice without much UI input, than had to open another search.

At this point I just hope Sally and certain regents retire/leave.

gartner also tried to have one of his wellmark buddies added to the finalist list. some lady from syracuse.

remember the entire committee and finalist pool was disbanded at one point during the process

skorton was at the UI for 26 years. they loved iowa despite having numerous chances to take more prestigious jobs. the regents meddling completely messed it up and wellmark is largely to blame.

skorton was very well-rounded, he loved iowa, he was friendly and well respected and brilliant. he also had experience in health care which it critical when you consider the enormity of the UIHC. its a damn shame what happened to him.

Iowa city is just not a good place to be a college kid right now, especially an athlete. im almost afraid to ever go drinking there again cause of the cops. i think alot of it has to do with sally mason. so theres one reason why she needs to go. and now this coker crap

The cops have been the Gestapo for decades in IC. Long before Suck@$$ Sally came to town.

Having said that, she sucks. I've had to deal with her on occasion and she's a pompous twit.

Latest posts