Rutgers looking forward to rematch...

I don't think another set of refs is going to let the next game get that rough. I'm betting Fran has contacted the head of officials about the way that game was called, including the elbow to Kriener's face. Foul trouble early for Rutgers.

I am not so sure. The B1G games I dipped into last week were pretty physical. Not quite on the level of the Iowa game, but close.

I am surprised they let Iowa and Rutgers get away with stuff normally reserved for MSU and Wisconsin.

If the refs didn’t let them foul us constantly we would have won by a dozen. I’m expecting to get those calls at home.

No kidding. This was like playing MSU. The first move is a shove when going to the basket...and you have to play through it. There was a play down low where Garza tries to go to the baseline and guy just shoves him and Garza steps out...going the other way...turnover. I'm like, did you not see the 6'10 270 pound guy just shove him...how the hell do you let that go? Crazy.

That was thug ball and a very, very difficult game to get any rhythm in. The combination of the refs allowing for pretty much anything going down low, a Rutgers gameplan that was meant to take the air out of the ball by running the shot clock down, and every time there was a whistle they were complaining and the saturday night sold out raucous crowd complaining, did not allow for any sort of flow at all. So for us being a rhythm team mainly it was impressive we kept oir composure and played to the conditions rather than let it frustrate us.

We blow them out at home.

I don't think another set of refs is going to let the next game get that rough. I'm betting Fran has contacted the head of officials about the way that game was called, including the elbow to Kriener's face. Foul trouble early for Rutgers.
Iowa seems to get these guys quite a bit and they seem to be the new breed that "let's them play". In their favor they will make unpopular calls but don't seem to be able to control the physical play. They make a lot of non-calls, like Moss's lay-up or Cook being bodied. But then they make an unpopular goaltend call and no call on some of Rutgers drives late to the basket that always seem to be called. Kind of a mixed bag, but I'll take them any day over Valentine and the old guard that always seemed to make the wrong call.

That was thug ball and a very, very difficult game to get any rhythm in. The combination of the refs allowing for pretty much anything going down low, a Rutgers gameplan that was meant to take the air out of the ball by running the shot clock down, and every time there was a whistle they were complaining and the saturday night sold out raucous crowd complaining, did not allow for any sort of flow at all. So for us being a rhythm team mainly it was impressive we kept oir composure and played to the conditions rather than let it frustrate us.

We blow them out at home.
I've noticed Iowa players purposely not reacting to calls, think they've been reading our boards. Cook in particular used to plead and become agitated, now he just pulls the guys together and plays on.

I've noticed Iowa players purposely not reacting to calls, think they've been reading our boards. Cook in particular used to plead and become agitated, now he just pulls the guys together and plays on.
It's a veteran bunch. And it showed last night a hostile environment. We adjusted to the long layoff after a rusty start and started become more agressive taking it to the hoop, Bohannon too. We didn't panic and start quick shooting when Harper came out hot. Once we went on that 9-0 run midway the second half we made enough plays and got enough stops, until a couple late breakdowns. Their three point shot, while not as lucky as ours, wasn't routine by any means either. We had shut off every other option and left them with a contested three, which Baker was equal enough to the task to make.

This is now three times around the league for our core of veteran players. And it's showing. There is not much that fazes these guys. When Moss is down, Kriener steps up. Or Bohannon. Moss was huge last night. Cook has had moments. Garza at Northwestern, Penn State. Baer is Baer. A tough minded veteran team, passing the torch to guys like Wiescamp, Connor.

It will be interesting to see the difference in how Rutgers plays when they don't have a sellout crowd screaming for them, instead it will be the opposite. It might now be an Iowa sellout but there will be a lot more fans screaming against them than what the RAC can even hold.

It will be interesting to see the difference in how Rutgers plays when they don't have a sellout crowd screaming for them, instead it will be the opposite. It might now be an Iowa sellout but there will be a lot more fans screaming against them than what the RAC can even hold.
I think their coach is good. Their best players are young. But youth is not a team’s friend in Big 10 road games. We should win by 15 plus.