Rutgers finished with...

I agree CJ has been taking too many bad hits. But yesterday, the only 2 really bad hits he took (the late slide and sideline flip) were on CJ. He was protected a little better and didn't take any bad hits in the pocket.

I love CJ's toughness and willingness to sacrifice his body for the yards.

The offense was still below average, but they moved the ball, just not in the redzone.

We were a few bad red zone plays, bad playcalls (again), and a large big toe from winning by 2-3 scores.

A loooonggg ways to go to improve the offense, no doubt(especially passing game). But there was improvement from the previous 2 weeks, against a decent defense.

That is all reasonable. I do disagree about CJ. What he is going through is not normal football qb. Some is on him. A lot is on KF. People his age have no real concept of long term consequences. I just wish someone would be the adult and change things or get him out. I love football, but that is so hard to watch.

I agree that one team (Iowa) was better and coulda shoulda won by more. Surprised MN was so inept on the O given how much trouble they gave the Hawks last year given the skill players were all back.

That is all reasonable. I do disagree about CJ. What he is going through is not normal football qb. Some is on him. A lot is on KF. People his age have no real concept of long term consequences. I just wish someone would be the adult and change things or get him out. I love football, but that is so hard to watch.

I agree that one team (Iowa) was better and coulda shoulda won by more. Surprised MN was so inept on the O given how much trouble they gave the Hawks last year given the skill players were all back.

I agree with this. 4 of the first 5 games the coaches were not helping to protect CJ. However, I do think the made change to try and help him this week, in terms of pass protection, rolling him out, and some misdirection. I still don't think Davis is calling enough pass plays that gives him the chance to get the ball out quicker (outside of the wr screens, which were actually working, minus the drop and fumble). The drop was on McCarron, the fumble was just a great play punching perfectly on the ball.

It is just frustrating the last two weeks it seems like they have ruined great field position. Last week they scored 31 they could have put up 50. They put up 14 yesterday it felt like they should have put up 28.
Exactly...and the red zone offense has magnified our issues at WR. Granted, Smith made a beautiful catch on CJ's pass and was a 1/4 inch away from a great touchdown, but no one is getting separation out of their breaks and absolutely no one is high pointing the ball. On the long ball that was intercepted, Smith has to go up and get that ball. Granted CJ should have thrown the ball where only Smith could get it, more to the sideline, but Smith let the DB dictate that play...if he turns, leaps and high points it, he gets an interference call or a catch. McCarron in the end zone just waited for the ball to get to him. He knows he's in tight coverage and these guys need to fight for the damn ball. The drops are completely inexcusable and were missing from last year...those just absolutely kill your drives. It's inexcusable...play Young if McCarron can't catch the damn ball.

He basically did nothing but run the ball. Should he just punt on 1st down?
I did not watch the game. If he did not play his starters most of the game and just ran the ball, then I will stand corrected. Did he sub a lot? Did he only throw when down and distance demanded? I am fine with the kids who are playing doing their very best. Yup. Rutgers must get better if they don't want to get embarrassed. If so, I will back off. But, if he did what I would expect from this jerk, then I will stick with my post. OK?

And, for those of you who claim that sportsmanship and so called "political correctness" need to be put to bed, I feel sorry for you. Sportsmanship, political correctness, is the attitude that may at times be over reactive, but is also responsible for a society moving in the direction of sensitivity to others and not a zero sum game; attention to racism, sexism, and a variety of other societal ills that have infected our society is a step forward. If you believe that negative, blaming reinforcement works better than positive reinforcement, you are definitely short on your understanding of research into human behavior. And believe me, language matters. Think Hitler.

Bryce, I am not making a personal attack on you. I read some posts following yours that I find to be upsetting, so I included my remarks to address them.

Last edited:
I did not watch the game. If he did not play his starters most of the game and just ran the ball, then I will stand corrected. Did he sub a lot? Did he only throw when down and distance demanded? I am fine with the kids who are playing doing their very best. Yup. Rutgers must get better if they don't want to get embarrassed. If so, I will back off. But, if he did what I would expect from this jerk, then I will stick with my post. OK?

And, for those of you who claim that sportsmanship and so called "political correctness" need to be put to bed, I feel sorry for you. Sportsmanship, political correctness, is the attitude that may at times be over reactive, but is also responsible for a society moving in the direction of sensitivity to others and not a zero sum game; attention to racism, sexism, and a variety of other societal ills that have infected our society is a step forward. If you believe that negative, blaming reinforcement works better than positive reinforcement, you are definitely short on your understanding of research into human behavior. And believe me, language matters. Think Hitler.

Any coach who thinks it is his job NOT TO SCORE should be fired immediately. Any fan who would support such a coach is a detriment to that team . . . and to the fans of said team.

To help dumb people who inject Hitler as a non-sequitur
vvvvv
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

^^^^^

Iowa's struggles are not recruiting
not facilities
not Barta
not Cirk
not geography
not the refs
not lack of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
not the conference we're in

All of our struggles are perfectly illustrated by the lame attitude in the quote above. Gable would laugh at such a thought. Too many PC fans are enablers of little-girl thinking.

Your sexist remark in re: little girl thinking is therefore recognized. Do you have any daughters?

Any coach who thinks it is his job NOT TO SCORE should be fired immediately. Any fan who would support such a coach is a detriment to that team . . . and to the fans of said team.

To help dumb people who inject Hitler as a non-sequitur
vvvvv
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

The dumb guy is the one who does not understand the Hitler reference. Own it. Wikipedia? Really? This is your research tool? Grow up.

Your sexist remark in re: little girl thinking is therefore recognized. Do you have any daughters?

808850314a412aaf1e94c8f3dddd3309b70be1fe5524287885ab8d037da83d3f_1.jpg

Michigan's coach should be absolutely ashamed of himself for running up the score in this manner. But, I am in no way surprised by his behavior.

They played the 2's and 3's. They just rammed it up the middle in the 2nd half. Not sure what else he should have done in the 2nd half

You hurt my feelings. Where's my apology??

No intent to hurt your feelings. But I do feel strongly about this issue. I stand by my remarks. If it hurts, maybe you would be well served to think about our conversation and where you stand . That is all i ask. And yeah, I know you were being sarcastic. Someday, you or your loved ones may well need some safe spaces and there are people in this world who will gladly provide them.
Yeah, I know that internet message boards are likely not the place for these conversations, so I will sign off. Be well.
wall.jpg

They played the 2's and 3's. They just rammed it up the middle in the 2nd half. Not sure what else he should have done in the 2nd half
Good to know. As I said, I did not watch the game. But, I still do not like Harbaugh and have no respect for his approach tonthe college game.

I get it now:

Michigan crushed them 78-0,
the previous week OSU pounded them 58-0,
but the week before that the kind angels of our beloved Saint Kirk gently embraced them and kissed them goodbye with a careful 14-7 tickle fight.

I've been so wrong! It's not inept offensive coaching, it's spreading peace and love thru college football! Hallelujah !

Now, who will join me in sending flowers and teddybears to those poor Rutgers players?

(who, btw, also got thumped by Wash to start the year- what if the Hawks had that schedule?)

I get it now:

Michigan crushed them 78-0,
the previous week OSU pounded them 58-0,
but the week before that the kind angels of our beloved Saint Kirk gently embraced them and kissed them goodbye with a careful 14-7 tickle fight.

I've been so wrong! It's not inept offensive coaching, it's spreading peace and love thru college football! Hallelujah !

Now, who will join me in sending flowers and teddybears to those poor Rutgers players?

(who, btw, also got thumped by Wash to start the year- what if the Hawks had that schedule?)

ULXUQQd.gif

Last edited:
Safety 1st (yeah I saw your original)

Are you in on the flower order? Wondering if I should include their coaches...or, oh god, the poor traumatized fans who witnessed the slaughter ?!?

I'll stop now (you know, at least until I think of more)

Safety 1st (yeah I saw your original)

Are you in on the flower order? Wondering if I should include their coaches...or, oh god, the poor traumatized fans who witnessed the slaughter ?!?

I'll stop now (you know, at least until I think of more)

Everyone in the garden state deserves flowers. Luckily it's the garden state so it shouldn't be a problem.

43089918.jpg

"Oh, real mature JB."

Last edited:

Latest posts