Rutgers finished with...

They might put a whoopin on us like we've never seen.

They'll be in the 70s against us for sure. I already posted earlier that they are going to steal our soul, and put our program in the dark ages for years to come. We need an SEC coach willing to win for us to be relevant again. That is why I said get Miles no matter the cost

It might be a tough game, but I think Iowa beats them in a close low scoring game. Iowa does well against Michigan winning 4 of the last 5. On top of that it is a home game at night. Kinnick stadium will be rocking loud. Michigan's coach Jim Hairball can't handle the Kinnick noise. Now if he acts like a cry baby again and asks the refs to hold up the game they will just laugh at him. He will be so flustered he wont know what to do. Right now I am thinking 9-3 Iowa.

I hope you Ubered your way home, you're sloshed

Fact of the matter is, in today's Madden society, you have to show kids you're willing to showcase their skill set no matter who gets stomped on. I feel horrible for Rutgers, and terrified of what UM will be doing to us, but it's not really something Michigan or Harbaugh can help if Rutgers gains 22 yards in an ENTIRE GAME!

^^^^^

Iowa's struggles are not recruiting
not facilities
not Barta
not Cirk
not geography
not the refs
not lack of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
not the conference we're in

All of our struggles are perfectly illustrated by the lame attitude in the quote above. Gable would laugh at such a thought. Too many PC fans are enablers of little-girl thinking.

I am pretty sure HuckFinn was being a little sarcastic and a lot tongue in cheek.

^^^^^

Iowa's struggles are not recruiting
not facilities
not Barta
not Cirk
not geography
not the refs
not lack of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
not the conference we're in

All of our struggles are perfectly illustrated by the lame attitude in the quote above. Gable would laugh at such a thought. Too many PC fans are enablers of little-girl thinking.

Yes! Harbaugh hates Iowa more than the Gophers. If he can run it up on the Hawks - bank on it!

What's scary is Iowa might be coming off 2 straight losses to Wisky and Penn St only then to face Mich. That Penn St game might be a huge game for us and really decide how well we get up to play Mich. If we fall short or another heart breaker @Penn St I can't see anything but getting routed by 40+ with a possible shut out. Could be KFers worst lost ever in his history. Harbaugh is making a statement this year. Boys better put on their big boy pants for this game.

Michigan will beat us by however much they want. We have 2 wins left on our schedule and that's it.. We will be lucky to cross midfield against Wisconsin and Michigan. PSU will beat us at their place, and Nebraska will tear our defense apart. Our defense is still bad, we just faced an absolutely awful offense yesterday with a terrible qb. Our offense can't do anything against anybody. It's just brutal to watch. We might move the ball against Purdue and Illinois, but the rest of the schedule we won't.

I'm just going to say it. The offense wasn't that bad when you think about it yesterday. Sure, redzone was terrible, but the mistakes keep killing us in critical situations. Watch the second half again, the offense moved the ball and is starting to look better, just not seeing results yet. We had three guys playing out of position on the OL yesterday and they actually did pretty well...much better than I thought they would when I saw them line up in that first series. These guys now have a few more weeks to gel prior to Wisconsin. Hopefully Wisky doesn't get their linebacker back for our game.

Our interior defense was much better yesterday. Minnesota has run the ball on everyone they have played...so it's saying something. If that continues against Purdue, well, then it's possible we have a fighting chance against the Badgers in Iowa City.

It might be a tough game, but I think Iowa beats them in a close low scoring game. Iowa does well against Michigan winning 4 of the last 5. On top of that it is a home game at night. Kinnick stadium will be rocking loud. Michigan's coach Jim Hairball can't handle the Kinnick noise. Now if he acts like a cry baby again and asks the refs to hold up the game they will just laugh at him. He will be so flustered he wont know what to do. Right now I am thinking 9-3 Iowa.

As things look right now, UM's defense will stuff our run game, UM's run game will gash our defense. Night game or not, Iowa needs to start playing way, way better than they have. I am not certain they are capable of reaching the level that UM is playing at on both sides. Folks, UM is a legit NC contender. We lost to a FCS school and a 1-3 jNW team, both at home.

I'm just going to say it. The offense wasn't that bad when you think about it yesterday. Sure, redzone was terrible, but the mistakes keep killing us in critical situations. Watch the second half again, the offense moved the ball and is starting to look better, just not seeing results yet. We had three guys playing out of position on the OL yesterday and they actually did pretty well...much better than I thought they would when I saw them line up in that first series. These guys now have a few more weeks to gel prior to Wisconsin. Hopefully Wisky doesn't get their linebacker back for our game.

Our interior defense was much better yesterday. Minnesota has run the ball on everyone they have played...so it's saying something. If that continues against Purdue, well, then it's possible we have a fighting chance against the Badgers in Iowa City.

What game did you watch? W/O CJ and guts there is no offense. The abuse on CJ is terrible and should may any fan sick.

I don't really see it. Iowa is going to have a very difficult time competing with Michigan let alone beating them. Night game will have very little to do with it.

I do hope our team improves in all aspects over the next two weeks. The Purdue game could be a week to see such improvements made and then against Wisconsin we could solidify those improvements for our general team make up and team identity.

If that can happen maybe perhaps maybe we have a good chance against Michigan.

After what they did yesterday to Rutgers and with our barely won performance in Piscataway a few weeks ago... It does not look good.

You can't always use past results to predict how two teams will fare against each other.

Do I think Iowa will beat Michigan? Not really. Do I think they have no chance? No. You NEVER KNOW what will happen.

You know being an Iowa fan I don't like J. Harbaugh very much. But setting my fan allegiance to the Hawks aside for a moment I still don't like him much. Comes off very self centered, seems to brag, seems to make up his own rules and conforms as little as possible.

But hearing him talk up his player Jabril Peppers as a Heisman winner and then add "candidate" after a brief smile to reporters shows me a lot about instilling the confidence in his team. Its not about wether JH is right about Jabril Peppers, its about instilling confidence. Michigan permeates confidence and one can only guess its JH that did that. I know this may be seen as one silly statement by JH, but Jesus he has his team prepared to play and to win.

Look at our team. We show no confidence no emotion. I want to feel good about the Hawkeyes even after those two bad early loses. I want to see KF pump this team up and help give them them the confidence they need so that when I see them on the field or on the sideline they are pumped up with confidence to win the game.

Is that too much to ask?

I am starting to think I wouldn't mind having JH as our coach even with his odd behavior at times. I would take the good with the bad with that.

It is just frustrating the last two weeks it seems like they have ruined great field position. Last week they scored 31 they could have put up 50. They put up 14 yesterday it felt like they should have put up 28.

What game did you watch? W/O CJ and guts there is no offense. The abuse on CJ is terrible and should may any fan sick.

I agree CJ has been taking too many bad hits. But yesterday, the only 2 really bad hits he took (the late slide and sideline flip) were on CJ. He was protected a little better and didn't take any bad hits in the pocket.

I love CJ's toughness and willingness to sacrifice his body for the yards.

The offense was still below average, but they moved the ball, just not in the redzone.

We were a few bad red zone plays, bad playcalls (again), and a large big toe from winning by 2-3 scores.

A loooonggg ways to go to improve the offense, no doubt(especially passing game). But there was improvement from the previous 2 weeks, against a decent defense.

It is just frustrating the last two weeks it seems like they have ruined great field position. Last week they scored 31 they could have put up 50. They put up 14 yesterday it felt like they should have put up 28.

Leaving way too many points off the board for sure, won't be able to do that against better teams.

There's definitely something to be said for a coach whose attitude seems to be

"We are a good team. We expect to win. We will crush you!"

Our coach's attitude seems to be

"We are a developmental program. We hope to at least be competitive. We might lose- that's football!"

You can't always use past results to predict how two teams will fare against each other.

Do I think Iowa will beat Michigan? Not really. Do I think they have no chance? No. You NEVER KNOW what will happen.

While I don't believe the current version of Iowa can't hang with the current version of Michigan, you never know.

Iowa destroyed a NW team last year that beat Stanford, and then got destroyed by Stanford.

Latest posts