Rutgers and Illinois

HawkGold

This season is going to boil down to Rutgers and IL. NW and Nebraska are just bad teams. Iowa has a pulse with the D and Special Teams.

We are not keeping up with Purdue. MN and Wisky are solid and balanced teams. No need to talk about M and OSU. With ISU that's 5 losses.

Is Iowa on O bad enough to lose to Rutgersand Illinois....

Win Staurday and there is hope.

That's sounds about right

Wins
Rut, ILL, Neb, NW

Losses
Mich, OSU, Pur, Wisc, Minn

Of course Kirk will beat one team he shouldn't and lose to one team he shouldn't

Final record 6-6 (4-5)

Hopefully Iowa can still get a Music Bowl invitation out of it. After all, they owe Iowa an invite from 2 years ago.

I'm having a hard time putting NW down as a win. Every damn time I think Iowa is going to handle Northwestern they managed to pull off some miracle to beat Iowa.

Bowl games are dying so I'm hoping Iowa can at least find 4 more wins to become eligible and my fingers are crossed for Music City.

I'm having a hard time putting NW down as a win. Every damn time I think Iowa is going to handle Northwestern they managed to pull off some miracle to beat Iowa.

Bowl games are dying so I'm hoping Iowa can at least find 4 more wins to become eligible and my fingers are crossed for Music City.
I struggle with that as well, but seriously at this point they aren't very good. In Johnson, I think the Hawks have a difference maker. He can make a couple of misses on the stacked line.

There would be no such optimism had the Hawks not beaten Nevada. I'm concerned most with the O-Line. Apart from 4 plays, Iowa's run game averaged about 2 yds per play. Then there are the 4-5 sacks. Yikes guys, this does not look good.

Gavin is s l o w but not quick. There were a couple of runs where the hole was there but he could not get there quick enough to get much out of it. #2 KaJ has the stuff and hope that he gets more carries.

It suddenly occurred to me that if Iowa finishes 6-6 it may not get one of the Big Ten's bowl spots. If I had to guess today

OSU - CFP
Mich - Rose
Minn - Citrus
PSU - Tampa
Wisc - Duke's Mayo
MSU - Music City
Purdue - Pinnstripe
Iowa/MD/Rut/Ind/ILL - Detroit

I guess the bowl out in San Fran/Santa Clara has been canceled forever and is not coming back.

It could be pretty slim pickings come bowl time. And of course if Iowa finishes 5-7 or lower, Iowa is staying home

It suddenly occurred to me that if Iowa finishes 6-6 it may not get one of the Big Ten's bowl spots. If I had to guess today

OSU - CFP
Mich - Rose
Minn - Citrus
PSU - Tampa
Wisc - Duke's Mayo
MSU - Music City
Purdue - Pinnstripe

I guess the bowl out in San Fran/Santa Clara has been canceled forever and is not coming back.

It could be pretty slim pickings come bowl time. And of course if Iowa finishes 5-7 or lower, Iowa is staying home
Pump the brakes on Minny....jeesh.

OSU - CFP
Mich - Rose
Minn - Citrus
PSU - Tampa
Wisc - Duke's Mayo
MSU - Music City
Purdue - Pinnstripe

You’re missing he the Guaranteed Rate Bowl.

I don’t see all those teams getting to 6 wins.

Latest posts