Rushing the field/court is overdone, but...

Here is my take. Players are students. They should be able to celebrate with other students after the game. Have a section in the south endzone where the student section can celebrate with their classmates.

Everyone else needs to stay in the stands!

What, is somebody going to check for student IDs? Can they not celebrate with other students somewhere off the field?

I already do. I get dressed up in full game gear--helmet, pads, pants, jersey, even a mouth guard.

I look like Tyler Sash sitting on my living room couch.

Don't tell me I'm the only one...

I'm going to call you Black M'ther F'n Hawk from now on.

Hey, how about those OSU fans rushing the field after their big win over Wisconsin?

Come on kids, act like you've been there before!

Or something.

Favorite part of the video was when he starts to say we will arrest as many people as we can get our hands on. Then quickly rephrases it to get into custody.

Dwayne: I am just saying if you have the team come down to the student section area, then you don't need to have people pouring onto the field.

When the team stays out in the middle of the field, it invites people to pour out onto the field. I see a lot of schools have the team come over to the student section and they play the school song win or lose after a game.

I just think with a little organization you can let the students celebrate together without it being a mob at midfield.

If you aren't a student. You need to grow up.

There are gates and stairs to get to the field, at least in the student section. It would seem to me they thought "The fans might occasionally rush the field, it's probably better that they don't have to jump over the fence to do so, that's a liability if they slip and break an arm"

Jack, this ain't the game thread. You feeling ok today?

Latest posts