RUMOR: Woodburys coach to Creighton as Asst

okobojihawk

There is a rumor floating around Sioux City that East coach Jeff Vanderloo could be moving to Creighton as an Asst. A shameless attempt to attract Woodbury?
Probably although Jeff is a good coach. Please note i said this is a rumor!

Jeff Vanderloo

Pretty sure McDermott knows he has no shot at Woodbury, even if he hires his parents as assistants. If true, it would be a good strategic move long term given the talent coming through that program and their proximity to NE. It could also be because the dude is a good coach and McDermott likes him.

McDermott's a d-bag and NW Iowa is about as shady as it comes. If you guys "lose" this one to Creighton, I'd call shannanagins if I were you.

I'd really love to hear you support your "shady NW Iowa" comments
with some factual statements....

I married in. That's about as "factual" as I can get, but I do know of some cliches that are very, very real.

"If you're not Dutch, you're not much". You can bet this coach says this to, or more realistically behind the backs of, outsiders. Here's another one...I assume you've heard of "going Dutch"? If so, there is no more need for clarification on my part, especially in this kind of situation.

Shannanigans I tell ya.

I married in. That's about as "factual" as I can get, but I do know of some cliches that are very, very real.

"If you're not Dutch, you're not much". You can bet this coach says this to, or more realistically behind the backs of, outsiders. Here's another one...I assume you've heard of "going Dutch"? If so, there is no more need for clarification on my part, especially in this kind of situation.

Shannanigans I tell ya.

The Vanderloos dont live in any of those quaint little communities wearing
wooden shoes or focusing on tulips, wooden shoes or windows I think your stereotyping
a bit too much...

good opportunity for a guy who might be looking at college coaching as a career.

Has absolutely nothing to do with Woodbury. This is no Ed Manning scenario, not even close....

What I have heard out of SC is Vanderloo isn't capable of coaching up talents like Woodbury and that's why he hasn't improved his skills much at East and why East didn't do better last year wiht their two bigs. Must just be SC gossip (the place is kinda shady) if the guy is being hired at a D1 program but McDermot could be making a mistake, great move by Vanderloo regardless.

Shannanigans I tell ya.

I think your over-generalizing NW Iowa with 1-2 towns. Towns which are very similar to Pella. Should I say that Central Iowa falls in the same category?

Vanderloo's daughter Ashley is a student assistant for Iowa softball, and I believe his son Tyler who played with Adam works with the basketball team as a student assitant. More Hawkeye blood in that family than Bluejay blood. :)