Rumor on Derby

I don't think enrolling in a community college would impact his eligibility. Lots of Iowa kids take kirkwood classes over the summer.

Night and day - those Iowa kids are part time students at Kirkwood and maintain their full time status at Iowa. Derby is a FT student at Coffeyville.

Night and day - those Iowa kids are part time students at Kirkwood and maintain their full time status at Iowa. Derby is a FT student at Coffeyville.

I don't think it matters until he starts playing games for the JUCO...but I'm not 100% sure on that, so don't quote me...unless it's to respond here and you want to use that feature below...

Kirk's program has always been so open to guys coming back once gone or suspended so I think there's a really good shot this is true.

Kirk's program has always been so open to guys coming back once gone or suspended so I think there's a really good shot this is true.

I really hope you're right, Trey and I REALLY hope AJ decided that he wants to be an NFL linebacker instead of a backup college QB.

Rumor is and reminder it's a rumor 'people have seen him back in IC a lot more on the wkends and misses the IC.'

Que the creed - arms wide open

Rumor is and reminder it's a rumor 'people have seen him back in IC a lot more on the wkends and misses the IC.'

Que the creed - arms wide open

Sorry I'm late...I was busy in another thread...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99j0zLuNhi8&ob=av2e]Creed - With Arms Wide Open - YouTube[/ame]

My brothers boyfriends cousin just called and said he saw Derby riding ***** on the back of a moped being driven by Wegher, they were punching out bus windows in downtown IC knocking up girls!!

http://hawkcentral.com/2011/10/02/a-j-derby-arrested-for-criminal-mischief-public-intoxication/

the kid has a dream of playing QB, maybe his dad had a heart to heart with him and the kid decided to come back, with some help from his parents,
it wouldn't be the 1st time parents influenced a kid's decision,
and its not like he will be taking a scholarship from the next class. with Kozan going to Auburn there is 1 scholly left

Scholarship? Forget that. The kid had his chance. He will have to EARN his way back on the team... He would need to prove he is truly a Hawkeye, because he is not much of one now.

As for a position, AJ would have to move to DE, is my guess. LB is one of the deepest positions on the team, now that we are healthy again. We have some good talent with experience coming back. Plus some redshirts that are well thought of.... AJ has the frame and the motor, he just needs to add a few pounds. We do need some quick help on the d-line. More than any unit on the team.

Latest posts