Rumor floating around on Devries

InGoodCo

Hearing a lot of smoke about Dad and son close to and in talks with Oklahoma State, for anyone holding out hope there.

Hearing a lot of smoke about Dad and son close to and in talks with Oklahoma State, for anyone holding out hope there.
If you're going to be in talks with another team while you're still in the tournament, you should be more carefull not to let it get out.

If you're going to be in talks with another team while you're still in the tournament, you should be more carefull not to let it get out.
I work with 2 dudes who are absolutely plugged into college basketball. One was Baylor Scheierman's high school coach, the other is friends with the McDermotts and they all sort of connected to a lot of midwest players, especially with Creighton. They are the ones that told me about the Dix rumor. They seem to hear literally EVERYTHING when it comes to having your ear to the ground and they typically mention it a few days before it happens.

They both fucking told me they heard Proctor was gone again 2 days ago and I told them they were idiots and that made no sense.

so yeah....

I work with 2 dudes who are absolutely plugged into college basketball. One was Baylor Scheierman's high school coach, the other is friends with the McDermotts and they all sort of connected to a lot of midwest players, especially with Creighton. They are the ones that told me about the Dix rumor. They seem to hear literally EVERYTHING when it comes to having your ear to the ground and they typically mention it a few days before it happens.

They both fucking told me they heard Proctor was gone again 2 days ago and I told them they were idiots and that made no sense.

so yeah....
Oh cripes, and what is this?

so yeah....
Well that sucks for Dix then. Remind me, is the rumor that he's in talks of leaving or that he's already decided he's leaving?

I don't know Dix at all and have seen him speak only a few times, but he does not strike me as the type of kids that "flirts." Seems like a kid that sits in the corner at school dances. :)
I don't fully buy it either. IMO - he's going to be loyal to Fran, the guy who's really helped his game and also stuck with him through the injury a lot of other schools would have backed away from. Like, if your now on the trajectory that JD is, why leave for somewhere else? Why f with that? I guess unless you want to be closer to home and family and friends and there's a program in your backyard that provides a similar style of play that had their own track record in producing good shooters. Oh, and they have lots of NIL $$, their building is sold out every game (even for the shitty OOC) and is going deeper in the dance routinely.

There's all that too.

I don't fully buy it either. IMO - he's going to be loyal to Fran, the guy who's really helped his game and also stuck with him through the injury a lot of other schools would have backed away from. Like, if your now on the trajectory that JD is, why leave for somewhere else? Why f with that? I guess unless you want to be closer to home and family and friends and there's a program in your backyard that provides a similar style of play that had their own track record in producing good shooters. Oh, and they have lots of NIL $$, their building is sold out every game (even for the shitty OOC) and is going deeper in the dance routinely.

There's all that too.
Creighton is a great program and if Dix left I would understand. Honestly, they are objectively a better program right now, and if they offer him appreciably more money than Iowa, well, I know what I would probably do at age 20. That said, I do think he will have loyalty to Fran and the other issue he would have to consider is that I doubt McDermott will hand him a starting job as incentive to leave. Creighton recruits well out of high school and the portal. They reload. If he stays at Iowa he is guaranteed to be a starter next year. At Creighton, he may have to compete, and against tough competition.

Have you ever known someone personally that you would never want as the head coach of the team you root for even if they win? I'll drive the U-Haul.

Have you ever known someone personally that you would never want as the head coach of the team you root for even if they win? I'll drive the U-Haul.
I don't know much about the guy - I just know a lot of Hawk fans pan for him to be the next HC

Good for Devries if so. I'd be surprised if he didn't have multiple suiters after him frankly. I can't see Drake being a long term thing. There's generational wealth to be made for a coach like him and he won't get that at Drake. So I'd all but bet his house is for sale too.

I realize I am talking out of my ass, but there is 3% of me that thinks Devries and Fran flip gigs.

Just heard that he's flirting with Creighton, and since he's from Council Bluffs, that makes sense to me. They said that's what insiders are saying in their Creighton circles.
Creighton fans are awesome tbh. They support their team the way teams should be supported.

You're a rockstar in CBO if you play for that team. I'd probably think hard about it myself if I were in that position.

Latest posts