Rudock Update

NOTHING TO SEE HERE! OUR OFFICIAL STARTING QUARTERBACK IS JEFF RUDOCK. I MEAN JAMES. HE IS OUR FRANCHISE.

Should be ready by Saturday...

Depth Chart will show JR as starter, KF isn't tipping his hand to Purdue or anyone. For the record I do believe if healthy JR will be KF starter, do I agree with that, nope. Time will tell.

Just watched a highlight reel of the game and at least 3 Hawk offensive players said CJ did a great job when he got in there.
No mention of Rudock. Gut feel: the players REALLY want CJ to take over.

I'm hoping for a Rudock/Beathard on the QB line tomorrow.

It is rare that I criticize KF but if CJB isn't the starter this week it will be a mistake, IMO.

My gut feeling is that CJ gets the start on Saturday but he is on a short leash.

The biggest growth that I saw from him on Saturday is that he was willing to check down and didn't go.for the deep throw every time. That will get him more time this season. He was more willing to make the plays to move the chains, not just the plays that could score the points.

Depth Chart will show JR as starter, KF isn't tipping his hand to Purdue or anyone. For the record I do believe if healthy JR will be KF starter, do I agree with that, nope. Time will tell.

I agree with all of this. If JR is healthy, I'd lay 60-40 odds he starts, since it's a road game.

Because Beathard has demonstrated he can't play well on the road....?

It's more the fact JR would get boo'd off the field if he had a bad drive in Kinnick, and Kirk isn't exactly on great terms with most of the fan base right now either. KF gets a freebie this week being an away game, and my guess is we'll see JR if he's healthy. I personally feel Jake had his chance with the first three games, but Kirk will always play the percentages, and he will continue to claim CJ struggled in practice so it'll come out in the game blah blah blah.

It's more the fact JR would get boo'd off the field if he had a bad drive in Kinnick, and Kirk isn't exactly on great terms with most of the fan base right now either. KF gets a freebie this week being an away game, and my guess is we'll see JR if he's healthy. I personally feel Jake had his chance with the first three games, but Kirk will always play the percentages, and he will continue to claim CJ struggled in practice so it'll come out in the game blah blah blah.

I totally understand your post. Why should I totally understand your post is my next question? It would make no sense for ANY other program IN THE NATION to play Rudock over cj. but hey...................................In kirk we trust.

My gut feeling is that CJ gets the start on Saturday but he is on a short leash.

The biggest growth that I saw from him on Saturday is that he was willing to check down and didn't go.for the deep throw every time. That will get him more time this season. He was more willing to make the plays to move the chains, not just the plays that could score the points.

Yeah what's the matter with the kid. Not checking down to the 3 yard out patterns on 3rd and 4 will get you benched out Iowa every time.

Wasn't Greg Davis at Texas when Chris Simms started every game, and just about every game, Major Applewhite would have to come in to the game, and bail him Limo out?!
FYI: When Chris Simms, first arrived at the UT campus, he arrived in a limousine.

Yeah what's the matter with the kid. Not checking down to the 3 yard out patterns on 3rd and 4 will get you benched out Iowa every time.

Jake "checkdown" Rudock. Ferentz: "i love you kid", just remember, "always take the plain vanilla ice cream because french vanilla is too spicy".

Just watched a highlight reel of the game and at least 3 Hawk offensive players said CJ did a great job when he got in there.
No mention of Rudock. Gut feel: the players REALLY want CJ to take over.

I was wondering this as well. Seemed to have more energy as soon as CJB took the field. It was coming out of halftime and the D had just stopped them. wasnt 100% sure as to what the reason was, but was leaning towards CJB

Latest posts