Rudock to start....

So as long as KF gives them each a look and then basis their play for the 2nd half what difference would it make who starts? If everyone involved stays true to their word then CJ will still have an opportunity to earn 2nd half PT.

Really? Rudock has had his audition for 2 years, what more do we need to see of him? Seriously, what else is he going to show? CJ should get the start, and the entire game, period. Why not? As bad as Rudock has been he's never been pulled from the game unless hurt. Our coaching staff are a bunch of inept morons. The very fact we are still going through QB auditions in game friggin 13 shows just how much clueless and staff suck.

Not expecting to see much of CJ unless Jake gets hurt. Who knows, maybe after 2 seasons Jake will show some improvement?

I'm expecting plenty of read option out of our backup. He's a good change of pace guy. Certainly don't want a guy like him sitting back in the pocket surveying the field dropping candy in buckets. No, you want him charging down the line at ball snap going head first into linebackers.

So as long as KF gives them each a look and then basis their play for the 2nd half what difference would it make who starts? If everyone involved stays true to their word then CJ will still have an opportunity to earn 2nd half PT.

How good if KF's word anymore? I don't trust him as far as I can throw him at this point.

They are laughing at the absurdity of it all. Like, "OMG! Can you believe that Biels/Dantonio just clowned our $4 million coach AGAIN!?" This was the expression on my face during most of the ISU and Ball St games this year. I find that it's somewhat healthier to take more of an absurdist mindset when watching the current Iowa football product, otherwise most of the games turn out to be like the extended Director's Cut of one of those gritty, dark, post-WWII Italian realist films that make you want to wrap your belt around a coat hanger.

This ^^^

Well I guess that means that JR won the open competition???

You wouldn't give the winner the non-start now would ya? I'm sure it was a very fair and honorable evaluation.

Notre Dame is having some early success rotating QB's in this game today. They decided to start their backup QB, though.

I think that's a smart move. Bethard does not need that extra adrenaline at this stage.
yep. Tennessee is supposedly all giddy about being in the bowl so they'll be fired up. Starting the guy with 《50 passes may not be the best time to start him.

Plus, not many coaches are going to demote a kid

FOR A BOWL

In HIS BACKYARD

when he's been THE STARTER ALL YEAR.

KF can deal with the hotheads on websites in Iowa. But imagine the bad press nationally and especially in Florida.

KF is walking a tight rope now because of the bad decision he made earlier. We all do that. And most of us will try to find the least painful way out. KF is doing that by saying JR is starting (so his decision during season doesnt look stupid -- well, as stupid) while also saying BOTH will play in each of the first two quarters (which to me means alternating possessions since there is no guarantee of 3 possessions per quarter) because "The Nebraska Result" opened the QB spot.

I do not understand why people are getting so PO'd about this. Obviously the rumblings and yelling by fans have had an effect as has the Beathard interview.

How good if KF's word anymore? I don't trust him as far as I can throw him at this point.

You can't really think that our 4 million $ imbicil is capable of a lie could you? He's such a stand up guy from all homer reports/accounts. Good ole KF, just a pillar of integrety i tell ya.

Really? Rudock has had his audition for 2 years, what more do we need to see of him? Seriously, what else is he going to show? CJ should get the start, and the entire game, period. Why not? As bad as Rudock has been he's never been pulled from the game unless hurt. Our coaching staff are a bunch of inept morons. The very fact we are still going through QB auditions in game friggin 13 shows just how much clueless and staff suck.

So just to make this clear and make sure I'm understanding this right. The "competition for the starting QB position" that CJ seemed to be endorsing should be nothing of the sort? I may be wrong, but I never thought CJ wanted a pity part and to be just given the spot. I always thought it was about putting him in a position to prove that he belonged there.

By no means am I suggesting that CJ shouldn't get a fair shot to win the QB spot, but I feel that if there truly is an open competition then he should earn it rather than having it simply handed to him. If as you said this game is an audition for next year I'd rather see them both compete rather than just handing the offense over to CJ or keeping it in JR's control.

Edit: Also curious about the last "inept moron part" so we want change going into next year but a meaningless bowl game isn't the time to do it? I'd rather they start reassessing things now then in the spring or fall. Atleast this way it gives fans more to ***** about.

Oh well, "That's decisions"

guffus - That is not the real point....the point is that KF is pointing out to us "Rank Amateurs" that he still has a 1 and 2....there is no 1a and 1b. He could have thrown CJ a bone by starting him, but then he couldn't extend his middle finger through his actions. What a total a** he has become!!!

It must take one ginormous ego to actually believe the coach of a major college football program would actually make a move based on wanting to make an obscene gesture to an obscure internet forum "expert."

I kinda think the process works far differently than that...

I have to give Brian Kelly the Bill King "Balls fo Steal Award" for calling it like it is. Gholson failed the last 4 games so Kelly basically did open up the QB competition....and WOW shock beyond all shocks ND pulled an upset over an SEC team. Gosh Kirk pull your head out.

I look at the enthusiasm at Nebraska and Michigan right now with new coaches.

Then I watch Ferentz and i just want to cry. Seriously. He really needs to retire.

Starting Beathard would have been a no-brainer. What a moron

I have to give Brian Kelly the Bill King "Balls fo Steal Award" for calling it like it is. Gholson failed the last 4 games so Kelly basically did open up the QB competition....and WOW shock beyond all shocks ND pulled an upset over an SEC team. Gosh Kirk pull your head out.

This^^^^

Good coaches aren't afraid to make changes. Ferentz needs to retire