Rudock to start....

joshmott123

Per multiple sources on Twitter. Not really a surprise given that both will allegedly be playing but it would have been nice to see Beathard get the first shot.

Screen-Shot-2014-10-18-at-2.53.44-PM-480x357.png

I'm not very good with memes. Would this be an appropriate time for a "we landed on the moon" one?

And by this move of ineptitude, Kirt has sealed the fate of U of I football for 2015 and 2016 as well. With all the talk of an "open competition" and Jake's failures in the Nebraska game, Jake STILL starts. I don't care if CJ gets a few series in the first half, he's gone. A sad day for iowa football. I wonder if Davis retires immediately after the game or waits until after signing day?

Hopefully KF and GD give Beathard some opportunities when he goes in, but the fact that they are starting Rudock just seriously makes me fume. They want Rudock to be the guy, so he gets the scripted plays.

So as long as KF gives them each a look and then basis their play for the 2nd half what difference would it make who starts? If everyone involved stays true to their word then CJ will still have an opportunity to earn 2nd half PT.

Interesting picture. All look to be Hawk fans, yet two of them look pretty gitty about what just happened:)
They are laughing at the absurdity of it all. Like, "OMG! Can you believe that Biels/Dantonio just clowned our $4 million coach AGAIN!?" This was the expression on my face during most of the ISU and Ball St games this year. I find that it's somewhat healthier to take more of an absurdist mindset when watching the current Iowa football product, otherwise most of the games turn out to be like the extended Director's Cut of one of those gritty, dark, post-WWII Italian realist films that make you want to wrap your belt around a coat hanger.

Last edited:
So as long as KF gives them each a look and then basis their play for the 2nd half what difference would it make who starts? If everyone involved stays true to their word then CJ will still have an opportunity to earn 2nd half PT.

Just starting JR makes it possible for KF to go against what he said and stay with JR. I am seriously thinking CJ sees little playing time. I hope I am wrong but starting CJ would be the coach looking for a spark instead of the same old. JR has been above avg and serviceable but not a overwhelming 60 minute player.

Hopefully KF and GD give Beathard some opportunities when he goes in, but the fact that they are starting Rudock just seriously makes me fume. They want Rudock to be the guy, so he gets the scripted plays.

That is what I was afraid would happen. Jake gets the scripted plays, and unless he mucks them up, CJ doesn't really have much of a chance.

I have my doubts CJ will get a fair shake, but hopefully I'm wrong.

This actually makes sense if they really do plan to alternate QB's throughout the game.

Jake has performed pretty well the first 2 series of most games since Indiana. So let Jake play the first series or 2, then bring in CJ just about the time the Iowa offense goes into the tank.

Therein lies the flaw in the logic.

Kurt is a liar.

They are laughing at the absurdity of it all. Like, "OMG! Can you believe that Biels/Dantonio just clowned our $4 million coach AGAIN!?" This was the expression on my face during most of the ISU and Ball St games this year. I find that it's somewhat healthier to take more of an absurdist mindset when watching the current Iowa football product, otherwise most of the games turn out to be like the extended Director's Cut of one of those gritty, dark, post-WWII Italian realist films that make you want to wrap your belt around a coat hanger.

Indeed. I LOL'd many, many times this season.

Oh well, "That's decisions"

guffus - That is not the real point....the point is that KF is pointing out to us "Rank Amateurs" that he still has a 1 and 2....there is no 1a and 1b. He could have thrown CJ a bone by starting him, but then he couldn't extend his middle finger through his actions. What a total a** he has become!!!

Last edited: