Rudock Fires A Few Shots

Yeah, another political thread. Let me point out this again to the brain dead:In the 2014 season, Iowa's offense ranked 4th in average yards per game in the 16 years of the KF era (less than a yard away from 3rd). Tell me again why GD is a derp. Derp.

Everyone is scoring more now.

There's just allot more possessions.

I do agree though, Davis deserves less blame than Kirk for the inability of the offense to score enough.

Are you asking why Davis didn't intentionally sabotage the team? My guess is because while Davis may not be the best OC on the planet, he is still a professional.

Not sure what I am getting at, but something just hasn't smelled right, or looked right since GD has been here. I suspect KF and him have been in turmoil over the direction/ideology of the offense??

GD had made it clear (as early as spring ball of 2013) that the decision as to which QB should start be made by in-game performance, not practice alone. Much like Fry's approach. KF obviously resisted.

I doubt very much that KF independently made the decision to move Jake to #2. I suspect he got pressure from someone else (possibly the entire staff and maybe even Barta) other than just GD.

So this year is critical. KF has put all of his eggs in GD's basket instead of his boy Jake. Did he know Jake would take his ball and leave to Ann Arbor??

Unfortunately for CJ his O-line may be detrimental to his health.

But back to your original question. Yes, GD is a professional or he wouldn't have been in this business this long. But how GOOD is he really? It sure has strangely appeared at times he has sabotaged the offense.

I witnessed in person Jake's first start as a Hawk. A season opener against N. Illinois. It was very strange if I remember correctly. Jake threw two deep square outs that were almost picked off. It was obvious to the casual fan he didn't have the arm for that throw. He threw it a third and final time resulting in a pick as the corner was sitting on it. Game over. Is my recall accurate?

I recall how mad I was at KF at the time thinking if he had given Jake some game snaps during the previous 4-8 campaign they would have known he didn't have the juice for that throw. But regardless, shouldn't GD have known by then? Why call it a third time?

Iowa won in 2013 because of three great LBs now in the NFL. Rudock was a "Kyle McCann" type of QB....not horrible but nothing special. Thank 2013 team was very good on defense but mediocre at best on offense.

Iowa's problems now are so much deeper than the QB position. I'm ready for the Ferentz era to end

Iowa won in 2013 because of three great LBs now in the NFL. Rudock was a "Kyle McCann" type of QB....not horrible but nothing special. Thank 2013 team was very good on defense but mediocre at best on offense.

Iowa's problems now are so much deeper than the QB position. I'm ready for the Ferentz era to end

If this upcomin season is a bust then I have to agree with you. It's been time for a change for well over three years but I keep hoping that Kirk has another rabbit in his hat but all we seem to get is skunks.

Not sure what I am getting at, but something just hasn't smelled right, or looked right since GD has been here. I suspect KF and him have been in turmoil over the direction/ideology of the offense??

GD had made it clear (as early as spring ball of 2013) that the decision as to which QB should start be made by in-game performance, not practice alone. Much like Fry's approach. KF obviously resisted.

I doubt very much that KF independently made the decision to move Jake to #2. I suspect he got pressure from someone else (possibly the entire staff and maybe even Barta) other than just GD.

So this year is critical. KF has put all of his eggs in GD's basket instead of his boy Jake. Did he know Jake would take his ball and leave to Ann Arbor??

Unfortunately for CJ his O-line may be detrimental to his health.

But back to your original question. Yes, GD is a professional or he wouldn't have been in this business this long. But how GOOD is he really? It sure has strangely appeared at times he has sabotaged the offense.

I witnessed in person Jake's first start as a Hawk. A season opener against N. Illinois. It was very strange if I remember correctly. Jake threw two deep square outs that were almost picked off. It was obvious to the casual fan he didn't have the arm for that throw. He threw it a third and final time resulting in a pick as the corner was sitting on it. Game over. Is my recall accurate?

I recall how mad I was at KF at the time thinking if he had given Jake some game snaps during the previous 4-8 campaign they would have known he didn't have the juice for that throw. But regardless, shouldn't GD have known by then? Why call it a third time?

I certainly won't argue with you that GD may not be all that great at running an offense and when you couple him with the molasses-style football that KF prefers, you're going to end up with an awfully ugly product. I only hope now that GD has his QB of choice at the helm, we'll see more production out of the offense - and not just when it's do-or-die time when we have a 17-point deficit on the 2nd half.

I certainly won't argue with you that GD may not be all that great at running an offense and when you couple him with the molasses-style football that KF prefers, you're going to end up with an awfully ugly product. I only hope now that GD has his QB of choice at the helm, we'll see more production out of the offense - and not just when it's do-or-die time when we have a 17-point deficit on the 2nd half.

It just might be too little too late though. CJ won't have the supporting cast that Jake had. Weaker at TE (Duzey's health is the wildcard). Weaker at receiver. Much weaker at line. Should be deeper/stronger at running back. This all on paper of course and someone might just surprise us. But the line is going have to get better real fast or it will all be moot.

So Jake leaves for educational opportunities but in end registers for filler classes. Was given 2 years as The Man and had so-so success but wasn't man enough to stick it out as a experienced backup. Now says in an interview he doesn't really look at the whole field during a play but really believes his new coach is going to impart some magical experience upon him to make him a top notch Big Ten QB who has no aspirations of playing in in the NFL. Well at least he got that part right. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ....next career is Comedy Central.

Sure thing sniffer boy. Keeping feeding us all that great intel you get creeping around a bunch of kids who probably think you are a bigger zero than most of us do.

Lol @ sniffer boy. The best amount of Intel I got was due to one player going to a school that fits into my background. JM can verify that as he knows who it was.

The other "Intel" comes from having lived with a guy who's gf was good friends with JR. I've said that before, no shocker there.

as for the rest, you're just an idiot obviously hurt that someone who is in class would shockingly speak with their classmates. That's how group work goes, not that I'd expect you to know anything about that, being picked last in everything in life has surely jaded your group experience.

if you want to think I hang out with a bunch of kids on the weekend outside of school, that's up to you. I'm not losing sleep over some internet ****** who's first time kissing a woman has yet to come.

It just might be too little too late though. CJ won't have the supporting cast that Jake had. Weaker at TE (Duzey's health is the wildcard). Weaker at receiver. Much weaker at line. Should be deeper/stronger at running back. This all on paper of course and someone might just surprise us. But the line is going have to get better real fast or it will all be moot.

So you've already got your excuses for CJs upcoming fail this season

So you've already got your excuses for CJs upcoming fail this season

So you have already have determined CJ will fail?

CJ won't make excuses. He seems like a pretty classy kid IMO and seems genuinely excited to finally get a chance.

Do you disagree with any of my points? The salient one being the line. Do you believe we will adequately replace two NFL tackles THIS year? We can hope.

My point being that GD may finally have his QB but this is probably his last chance/year as OC unless the offense does some truly remarkable things. And it will be very difficult given this Oline. At least on paper.

I'm not losing sleep over some internet ****** who's first time kissing a woman has yet to come.

giphy.gif

I'd almost put money on that happening as well.

I really hope CJ steps up and take charge of the offense. All my family that lives in Iowa aggervates me all the time saying their holding me responsible for CJ being a TN kid. Lol. The one thing I like about CJ is he's a little bit of a gun slinger back there. After watching Jake the last two seasons with his conservative style of play it's just going to be a nice change watching a QB trying to win the gm instead of trying not to lose. Its going to be very interesting to see if Kurt let's him open it up