Rudock Fires A Few Shots

Yea I think your reading between lines that aren't there. I think JR is speaking in a generality. I don't think he was saying he thought he dealt with that so much from KF or Davis... Without having heard him say it to know the tone etc I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. So much is lost within written text...

Yes, funny. Particularly Harbaughs comments about academics. Jake is going into the Kinesiology department. Fancy word for PE, and the hiding ground for Michigan athletes for a long time. At least in the 90's other colleges at the University of Michigan wouldn't honor credits earned from UMs Kinesiology department. That may have changed, and Michigan is a great University... but the Kinesiology classes he'll take, likely the absolute minimum required for eligibility during the fall, do nothing for his ultimate goal of Med School - nothing

CP, I am not saying that JR is right or that KF misled him. I am just saying that JR's quote seems to be "a shot". Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but this remark when juxtaposed within the rest of the article seems to indicate (at least to me) that JR felt misled by KF. Your point that KF treated JR more than fair, may be valid. It also may not be shared by JR. I am not trying to put words into JR's mouth and hold absolutely no resentment or bad feelings toward him at all. In fact wish JR great success in whatever he takes on in the future!

Fair enough. There's a small part of me that would love to see Jake get that starting spot. If only to see how he does with a so called "quarterback whisperer" I would also like to see if he maintains the same tendencies. Judging from his statements about "one first down at a time and eventually you're in the end zone" I'm guessing they would be the same.

Sometimes at work I like to stick out my index finger and thumbs on both hands to make the "double gun" gesture and go all "pew! pew! pew!" at my coworkers.

I think he has all the best qualities of a JT Barrett, Braxton Miller and Cardale Jones rolled into one guy. I know the NFL scouts are looking at Connor Cook and Hackenberg in the B10, so they will be watching the conference games when JR lets them up. The system at Michigan might hold him back, they may run the halfback dive a little too often.

I' think you're selling him short.

Now I am really confused. Was the problem Jake or Derp? So those 3yard routes on 3rd and 8 were decoys and "One first down at a time" Jake wasn't supposed to check down to them?

It was clear that Jake was never Derp's guy so why didn't Derp just flood the field with deep to intermediate routes to prove the point Jake didn't have the necessary arm strength??

Because he would have just checked into a run?

Is this what happened?

I guess we will find out this fall but will it really matter?

We should be closer to cleaning house I suspect.

Fair enough. There's a small part of me that would love to see Jake get that starting spot. If only to see how he does with a so called "quarterback whisperer" I would also like to see if he maintains the same tendencies. Judging from his statements about "one first down at a time and eventually you're in the end zone" I'm guessing they would be the same.

Maybe, but that sounds an awful lot like KF thinking and at the least it was not in conflict with the way KF thinks.

You can get by with a conservative passing game if you have a good running game, kicking and defense. Which Harbaugh usually has.

But not if you had Iowas running kicking and defense.

Maybe, but that sounds an awful lot like KF thinking and at the least it was not in conflict with the way KF thinks.

You can get by with a conservative passing game if you have a good running game, kicking and defense. Which Harbaugh usually has.

But not if you had Iowas running kicking and defense.

I would agree with that and also throw in a "lesser than" defense than Kirk is accustomed to having especially on the back end.

I can tell you for a FACT that JR has zero intentions of playing pro ball. He wants to be a doctor plain and simple. He's said exactly that.

at first I didn't see any "shots" but the most telling one is the part about harbaugh not sugar coating.

ill leave it at that.

I can tell you for a FACT that JR has zero intentions of playing pro ball. He wants to be a doctor plain and simple. He's said exactly that.

at first I didn't see any "shots" but the most telling one is the part about harbaugh not sugar coating.

ill leave it at that.

LOL. Mighty noble of him to give up his opportunity of playing pro ball and becoming a Doctor. Where does this path to the pros exactly exist for a limped arm, mediocre - at best - QB like JR to even give up his intentions in the first place?

LOL. Mighty noble of him to give up his opportunity of playing pro ball and becoming a Doctor. Where does this path to the pros exactly exist for a limped arm, mediocre - at best - QB like JR to even give up his intentions in the first place?

Seems as though all you're interested in is insulting a former hawkeye who left the program. Boy, can we party sometime? You sound like a blast!

that being said, it doesn't surprise me you're not following what I'm saying. I'll let somebody else fill you in. I don't handle stupid very well.

ill leave it at that.

JR should be kissing KF Azz. Not many other programs would have been starting JR after the ISU debacle and the Pitt game. I'd say 95% of coaches never give him the starting spot back after CJ lead Iowa back vs. Pitt, and beat down Purdue with his WR dropping like 7 passes. Dude should have been benched looooooong ago.

Seems as though all you're interested in is insulting a former hawkeye who left the program. Boy, can we party sometime? You sound like a blast!

that being said, it doesn't surprise me you're not following what I'm saying. I'll let somebody else fill you in. I don't handle stupid very well.

You seem to handle jock sniffing around guys far outside your age bracket very well.

Oh wow, you totally got me there hoss! Man, I don't know how to go on now... Oh wait, I'll just remember as bad as my life will ever get... I'm still not YOU.

Phew, close one. Thanks for the perspective.

Sure thing sniffer boy. Keeping feeding us all that great intel you get creeping around a bunch of kids who probably think you are a bigger zero than most of us do.

Now I am really confused. Was the problem Jake or Derp? So those 3yard routes on 3rd and 8 were decoys and "One first down at a time" Jake wasn't supposed to check down to them?

It was clear that Jake was never Derp's guy so why didn't Derp just flood the field with deep to intermediate routes to prove the point Jake didn't have the necessary arm strength??

Because he would have just checked into a run?

Is this what happened?

I guess we will find out this fall but will it really matter?

We should be closer to cleaning house I suspect.

Are you asking why Davis didn't intentionally sabotage the team? My guess is because while Davis may not be the best OC on the planet, he is still a professional.

Last edited:
I think this part of the interview: "He's not much of a sugar-coater, and I appreciate that philosophy because it's a lot more efficient to be honest and open from the start than to say something and rebuke it later." indicates that JR thought KF was opposite of this. I would take that as a shot.

Any other coach would have benched Jake permanently after the ISU or Pitt game and wouldn't have "sugar-coated" it. Jake should be glad he was allowed to start the whole season despite his inferior talent.

Yeah, another political thread. Let me point out this again to the brain dead:In the 2014 season, Iowa's offense ranked 4th in average yards per game in the 16 years of the KF era (less than a yard away from 3rd). Tell me again why GD is a derp. Derp.

Latest posts