Rudock can run

I've played team sports. I'm glad that's over.

All else being relatively equal, if you're smarter, you've got a marked advantage.

Know of any elite, stupid NFL quarterbacks?

On the flip side, Jamarcus Russell.

Aaron Rodgers. He's elite and went JUCO. That makes him a dum dum according to those on this board

Rudock isn't much different than JVB running. Sure he can run but I doubt he's athletic enough to scramble while keeping his focus downfield. My sense is that will be too much multi-tasking for him in D1, just like JVB. Anyway, Rudock will get killed if he runs so he won't, he's too slight. I doubt the coaches will even let him.

Wow, just wow. Clearly, you have no idea what your talking about. Neither Rudock or Sokol have taken a snap in a real D1 football game but apparently Rudock can't run and look down field at the same time at the D1 level but Sokol can. Yes, you know what you're talking about.

Where did anyone say anything about JUCO's being dum dums regardless of race?

Nowhere. Cyclones17 is upset because people on here were calling Coe a dum dum. Then he tried comparing Rodgers' situation to Coe's. He ignored the fact that Rodgers went juco because he didn't have D1 offers, whereas Coe had multiple D1 offers but went juco because he is, in fact, a dum dum.

Nowhere. Cyclones17 is upset because people on here were calling Coe a dum dum. Then he tried comparing Rodgers' situation to Coe's. He ignored the fact that Rodgers went juco because he didn't have D1 offers, whereas Coe had multiple D1 offers but went juco because he is, in fact, a dum dum.
Cy17 is just plain stupid kinda like Lenny

Rudock isn't much different than JVB running. Sure he can run but I doubt he's athletic enough to scramble while keeping his focus downfield. My sense is that will be too much multi-tasking for him in D1, just like JVB. Anyway, Rudock will get killed if he runs so he won't, he's too slight. I doubt the coaches will even let him.

If by slight you mean he weighs the same as Russell Wilson, who was able to stay alive in the big 10 pretty well...I don't think he is as good as Wilson but your statement on size doesn't hold up. Ben rothelsberger gets hurt a lot and he is much bigger than rudock and runs pretty well.

If by slight you mean he weighs the same as Russell Wilson, who was able to stay alive in the big 10 pretty well...I don't think he is as good as Wilson but your statement on size doesn't hold up. Ben rothelsberger gets hurt a lot and he is much bigger than rudock and runs pretty well.

Here's what Chris Doyle said last week;

“Sokol’s a little different,†strength coach Chris Doyle said of the junior. “He’s a junior-college guy, he comes in here, he’s a little more mature physically. His progress is more field-related, learning the offense and execution and those things.
“The other guys, they need to grow — and physically get bigger and stronger to compete in the Big Ten.â€

“Sokol’s a little different,” strength coach Chris Doyle said of the junior. “He’s a junior-college guy, he comes in here, he’s a little more mature physically. His progress is more field-related, learning the offense and execution and those things.
“The other guys, they need to grow — and physically get bigger and stronger to compete in the Big Ten.”

Drew Tate played at the weight of 192...I wonder how he was able to take the hits when he was so slight.

“Sokol’s a little different,” strength coach Chris Doyle said of the junior. “He’s a junior-college guy, he comes in here, he’s a little more mature physically. His progress is more field-related, learning the offense and execution and those things.
“The other guys, they need to grow — and physically get bigger and stronger to compete in the Big Ten.”

I'm sure Sokol can probably out bench Rudock, but who's the better qb? Doesn't matter how much Sokol is squatting when he's throwing picks and missing receivers. If Rudock is the guy who's running the offense better you gotta play him.

Drew Tate played at the weight of 192...I wonder how he was able to take the hits when he was so slight.

Drew Tate was athletic and physically mature at 192. I saw Drew Tate drive a pile of guys against tOSU. Weight isn't the issue.

It sounds more and more like Rudock is going to get the job to start with. I'm willing to give the kid a fair shot before pigeon holing him into this or that or if he's good enough or not. I think regardless of witch qb gets the gig to start with they are going to have 1st game jitters along with inexperience mistakes. I think the coaches will be more willing to let him play through some of that then the fans will after the last years qb play. I can understand and accept Rudock or Sokol struggling out of the gate. What bothered me and alot of us about Vandenberg was regardless of coaches style and play calling there was no excuse for him and the passing game to have been that flipping bad. I'm fired up. If the Oline and running game are what we all hope they should be then the qbs job will be alot easier. I think witch ever qb is better at making plays off of play action will be who the coaches favor. Not just the one who can make the smart safe play. But the big play when it's available. It's what they lacked more then anything last yr and I hope some wrs and tes can make them.

So Marshall Yanda is a dum dum?

Latest posts