Rudock can run

vosov

I have been reading about people wanting Sokol because he can run. I think people have forgotten that Rudock isn't exactly a stiff. He actually runs pretty well. The :55 mark is probably his best example of mobility.

[video=youtube;LNZEEDcXVXY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNZEEDcXVXY[/video]

Well Stanzi ran well also as a Soph. Then he would just throw the ball away as a Jr. and Sr. So I think its more if the staff wants him to run.

Well Stanzi ran well also as a Soph. Then he would just throw the ball away as a Jr. and Sr. So I think its more if the staff wants him to run.

Stanzi was mobile, but he wasn't much of a threat to tuck and run. Rudock is much more capable of tucking and running than Stanzi or Vandy. Those two were more the "mobile in the pocket" kind of quarterbacks. Rudock can run.

Stanzi was mobile, but he wasn't much of a threat to tuck and run. Rudock is much more capable of tucking and running than Stanzi or Vandy. Those two were more the "mobile in the pocket" kind of quarterbacks. Rudock can run.

Rudock isn't much different than JVB running. Sure he can run but I doubt he's athletic enough to scramble while keeping his focus downfield. My sense is that will be too much multi-tasking for him in D1, just like JVB. Anyway, Rudock will get killed if he runs so he won't, he's too slight. I doubt the coaches will even let him.

Last edited:
Rudock isn't much different than JVB running. Sure he can run but I doubt he's athletic enough to scramble while keeping his focus downfield. That's too much multi-tasking for him in D1, just like JVB. Anyway, Rudock will get killed if he runs so he won't, he's too slight. I doubt the coaches will even let him.

did you even watch the video? know how i know you're trolling?

as most know, his HS was tops in nation. He played with and against elite competition. His high school WRs went to FSU and Miami, FL and Cincinattii 2 RBs to IL & FL Atlantic. OL to FSU. OG to Louisville. A bunch of their defense went to BCS schools too. A little diff than Vandy and Keokuk

Rudock is pre med. That means he's smarter than his competition for the job.

That intelligence counts for more than you think.

I agree. I just think the coaches at least in the past didnt want the QB to run. Whether or not that that is still the case we will see.

Rudock is pre med. That means he's smarter than his competition for the job.

That intelligence counts for more than you think.
Academic intelligence and athletic intelligence are not always correlated. If you have played team sports, then you have likely had teammates who struggled in the classroom but could easily grasp playbooks, etc.

Anyway, Rudock will get killed if he runs so he won't, he's too slight. I doubt the coaches will even let him.
Actually, the ability to run helps prevent them from getting killed. You can better escape pass rushers. Once a QB gets out of the pocket, I would argue that they are in a safer situation, assuming they know how to slide or veer toward the sidelines.

From his scout.com bio as a recruit-

Rudock is a more of a pro style QB that has the athleticism to move around in the pocket and pick up some yards with his feet. He is very cerebral, consistently making excellent reads, and can deliver the ball accurately and in rhythm to all levels of the field. He has the height at 6'3, now he needs to start filling out his frame. He possesses great touch when throwing down the field. -Geoff Vogt, Florida Recruiting Analyst

He's not going to be confused with Shoelace or RGIII but in this hype video he looks fairly athletic for a pro-style QB.

Iowa Football - Doin' Work: Episode 3 - YouTube

I agree. I just think the coaches at least in the past didnt want the QB to run. Whether or not that that is still the case we will see.

With a 3-horse race going 2 weeks into fall camp, maybe the coaches will be less 'protective' of the QB and let 'em run/scramble more if they truly have 3 fairly even QBs, meaning the drop from QB1 - QB2 - QB3 is evidently slim.

Academic intelligence and athletic intelligence are not always correlated. If you have played team sports, then you have likely had teammates who struggled in the classroom but could easily grasp playbooks, etc.

I've played team sports. I'm glad that's over.

All else being relatively equal, if you're smarter, you've got a marked advantage.

Know of any elite, stupid NFL quarterbacks?

On the flip side, Jamarcus Russell.

tumblr_m12wybmKET1qi86x2o1_500.gif

Latest posts