Rudock and Leshun Daniels bits

This has got to make you feel good as this should shut up all the idiots on here who've been piling on you for speaking in favor of Sokol.

FreedComanche

i see nothing and know nothing(as far as video) - but those kind of stats is not what i care about. what about some playmaking situation stats. i mean dodged a blitz and hit the wide open crossing guy. or saw the edge blitz and checked off to the bubble screen? what about some real man up situations for a qb?

i see nothing and know nothing(as far as video) - but those kind of stats is not what i care about. what about some playmaking situation stats. i mean dodged a blitz and hit the wide open crossing guy. or saw the edge blitz and checked off to the bubble screen? what about some real man up situations for a qb?

Right, those two plays mean nothing. Good grief. This team needs to take shots down field and you have TWO shots right there. But, yeah. Means nothing.

FreedComanche

Right, those two plays mean nothing. Good grief. This team needs to take shots down field and you have TWO shots right there. But, yeah. Means nothing.

FreedComanche

again - i see no video. but to assume a 39 - 59 yard shot was a long ball is very wrong. I know you are smart enough to know that jerry rice caught many long TDs that were 5 yarders. cheers

again - i see no video. but to assume a 39 - 59 yard shot was a long ball is very wrong. I know you are smart enough to know that jerry rice caught many long TDs that were 5 yarders. cheers

I think I'm done commenting on the qb situation. I want a qb that can run and is aggressive going down field. From what I heard G. Davis say, that's what he wants as well. Hope he makes the right decision.

FreedComanche

I think I'm done commenting on the qb situation. I want a qb that can run and is aggressive going down field. From what I heard G. Davis say, that's what he wants as well. Hope he makes the right decision.

FreedComanche

i think i am in your camp too - i want an elusive qb - that can make the plays - and read the blitz (protect the pig is a given)

FreedComanche

It doesn't mean a whole lot, considering it's a scrimmage against our own defense (which wasn't anything to write home about a year ago and lost its best defensive back).

The main positive I see in plays like that is not that we have a QB capable of being an effective starter. I'm just thrilled their having 40-yard plays (I don't know if there was any of that last year at this time).

And in any case, every indication and grumbling coming out of Iowa's camp has said 1. Rudock 2. Beathard 3. Sokol. So his assertion was still worthy of mockery.

From the tweets; Beathard had a TD toss to Powell, so CJ should also get the starting job. (Note: this post should be read with a sarcastic tone)

FWIW, though, we did have a player tell us (off the record) in the spring that he thought Beathard would win the job. I don't think he gets it this year, but based on the buzz coming out of camp about him, I think there was at least good reason to think he might.

FWIW, though, we did have a player tell us (off the record) in the spring that he thought Beathard would win the job. I don't think he gets it this year, but based on the buzz coming out of camp about him, I think there was at least good reason to think he might.

If we have a QB battle next year, this year would be rough. I don't like the sounds of that.

On the same token, if these 3 are as close as its playing out, that could also be a good thing.

Beer half full or half empty, I guess.

I don't think the QB race is settled just yet for the long term. In 2007, JC beat out Stanzi. By the start of 2008, Stanzi had caught him, passed him 4 games into that season. Had JC stayed for his SR year in 2009, JVB may have even passed him for #2 because JVB actually showed the ability to complete a pass more than 5 yards downfield.

Hope CJB & CS keep pushing JR.

I don't think the QB race is settled just yet for the long term. In 2007, JC beat out Stanzi. By the start of 2008, Stanzi had caught him, passed him 4 games into that season. Had JC stayed for his SR year in 2009, JVB may have even passed him for #2 because JVB actually showed the ability to complete a pass more than 5 yards downfield.

I think this could be similar to what's happening now, although perhaps Rudock will perform better than Christensen. I'd be okay if it ended up being a QB battle between two good QB's. That's way better than trying to find a guy competent.