Rucker reinstated

I hope he plays and we burn his ***. It would give me a reason to not like Dantonio, he's got a lot of sympathy points this year with the health issues. Rucker playing Saturday would wipe those points out and I could resume my dislike for all other Big Ten Coaches, minus Joe Pa, who can dislike that old man?

mitch albom was calling for dantonio to be a man and lay down the law, but i didn't really see anything else out there.

Hope he travels, and plays. Nothing like a little bad karma for MSU.... and time for the Hawks to finally take the training wheels off. Time to fly....

is this really any surprise. what was the running back's name that assaulted another student athlete last year, then spends months in jail only to face no suspension at all?

Are you talking about LeGarrett Blount? The guy that clocked the Boise State player? I don't think he spent months in jail, but he was suspended for quite awhile.

I think Danfonio would have protected himself if Rucker wasnt going to play. He said that he served his time and that his other punishments were private. He never said he wouldnt play. With the amount of heat he is getting for this he would have made that clear if that were the case. Rucker is going to play as of now. Maybe that could change if Danfonio gets too much heat.

It seems to me that David Barrent (large OL-man from Des Moines) went to Michigan State and one of the mentioned issues with Iowa were all the "off the field issues" of Iowa. Wonder what this dip thinks of this?

Found it...

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/tag/_/name/david-barrent
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg

I normally wouldn't post about a recruit decommitting from a school because it happens so much, but this holds greater significance, given the recent events at Iowa. Offensive tackle David Barrent, one of the top recruits in Iowa's 2009 class, has backed out of his verbal commitment and will head to Michigan State, Randy Peterson writes in the Des Moines Register.

Barrent admitted Iowa's recent off-field problems played a role in his decision.

"The fact that it was in the press so much brought up thoughts of other schools even more," Barrent told the Register. "I kept thinking about what I can have elsewhere."

Ouch.

Iowa's program has come under fire after a wave of off-field incidents, including an alleged sexual assault involving two former football players. Head coach Kirk Ferentz is among the university officials being investigated for a second time about how the alleged incident was handled.

Ferentz probably isn't going anywhere, but if he continues to lose games -- and top recruits -- Iowa might look to make a change. The situation at Michigan State certainly seems more stable with Mark Dantonio. Wonder if Rich Rodriguez loaned Dantonio some snake oil? Kidding, kidding.

Last edited:
MSU fans are out in force to stick up for the kid. Read the comments below the Rittenberg articles on ESPN. The dude violated his probation by drinking, and on top of that was driving and was involved in a collision. Quite the zero tolerance policy on display here. I hope he plays, and I hope he gets burnt, horribly.

"When they needed it most, 7 got 6."

Let's not forget who was "guarding" Marv when he and Ricky won the game last season.
Kris L Thugker is overrated. And he's bound to be slightly out of shape from 3 weeks in the pokey.
Not an issue.

"When they needed it most, 7 got 6."

Let's not forget who was "guarding" Marv when he and Ricky won the game last season.
Kris L Thugker is overrated. And he's bound to be slightly out of shape from 3 weeks in the pokey.
Not an issue.

Idk about that....he's probably been "pounding" the weights.

Just part of the reason why I do not like Dantonio ....

The dude is a good coach ... but the decisions he makes in order to win games is pretty bad.

Latest posts