RPI is a joke

its been about 8 ish years, but when they changed the formula it has been **** since then.

Well I would say there are maybe 15-20 teams ahead of us that we would beat more times than not but our bad losses were really bad.

How are we not in front of Drake in RPI? We have the same record as them and beat them. Plus we are in the B1G! Something very messed up there if you ask me.

I understand we lost to Nebraska but who in their right minds would put them ahead of us? I would be surprised if we didn't beat them by 10 or more next time.

Villanova is 10-13 yet they are ranked 27 spots ahead of us. Don't get me started on New Mexico St, Buffalo, Mercer, Lamar, etc.

How are we not in front of Drake in RPI? We have the same record as them and beat them. Plus we are in the B1G! Something very messed up there if you ask me.

Actually: Iowa beat Drake, Iowa is in the middle of the B1G(toughest conference in Bball), AND Iowa has a better record. (Drake has a non-D1 win)

Look at clemson and cambell...those losses kill us. RPI is actually legit. Better than what the bcs is to football...

I wonder what the best way to handle this situation is.

I know KenPom is based on what should happen based on running statistical regressions. I guess at the end of the year KenPom should be accurate?

I guess I don't care what Iowa's RPI is currently. I will worry about it if Iowa gets to 21 wins. At that point you could probably make a case for Iowa being a tournament team.

put it in perspective....we're arguing about being in the 100's for RPI.....come on. If it were a matter of being in the top 25 or so, I can see that.

It's easy, Drake didn't lose to Campbell (currently ranked 180th) at home.

Last edited:

Latest posts