Royce White continues to impress...

UrbandaleHawk01

The Houston Rockets have suspended first-round pick Royce White for "refusing to provide services" required by his contract.
General manager Daryl Morey said Sunday that the team will continue to work with White in hopes of finding a resolution.
Last week, White refused his assignment to Houston's D-League affiliate. The 16th overall pick in the June draft has spent most of the season on Houston's inactive list while he and the team figure out how to handle his anxiety disorder and overall mental health.

Houston Rockets suspend rookie Royce White - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN

What Royce fails to realize is that he could have been the poster child for dealing with mental health in the NBA if he showed up to work and did his job, despite his downfalls.

What do you think the world would be like if Jackie Robinson refused to play until the Dodgers had a policy in place to deal with the troubles he faced?

Royce is a phony, simple as that. He would rather let his faults define him than stand up and face them because it is easier.

shame on the Rockets for drafting him. unless he straight out lied to them in the pre draft interview process, they knew what they were getting into.

he certainly isn't doing himself any favors, but i will wait to pass judgment on him, as i don't know what is going on behind the scenes. it does appear that he is not even remotely willing to attempt to work through this. i'm not sure what he expects them to do though.

shame on the Rockets for drafting him. unless he straight out lied to them in the pre draft interview process, they knew what they were getting into.

he certainly isn't doing himself any favors, but i will wait to pass judgment on him, as i don't know what is going on behind the scenes. it does appear that he is not even remotely willing to attempt to work through this. i'm not sure what he expects them to do though.

He absolutely lied. He signed a contract documenting his lies.

He obviously lied. He told them he would play in the NBA.

Freddy Basketball has connections in the Houston organization and, according to Clown fans, Freddie's connections and praise got Royce drafted so high.

i don't know what his contract says. maybe it says he would be willing to take medication for his issue and since then he has gone back on that. if that's the deal, then shame on him. but just because he played for a rival doesn't mean i'll assume the worst.

it certainly looks bad though, and i hope for his sake he got some kind of degree, cause he sure ain't playing b-ball for a living.

Freddy Basketball has connections in the Houston organization and, according to Clown fans, Freddie's connections and praise got Royce drafted so high.

Bingo. Hoiberg and Kevin McHale worked closely in the T-Wolves organization for a number of years, so when Hoiberg vouched for White, McHale and the Rockets trusted it. If you watch the Grantland special on Royce White's draft night party, you see his agent telling him that everyone was going to pass on him if the Rockets didn't draft him. They gave him a big opportunity that others weren't going to give him, and he is really making them pay for their risk.

Bingo. Hoiberg and Kevin McHale worked closely in the T-Wolves organization for a number of years, so when Hoiberg vouched for White, McHale and the Rockets trusted it. If you watch the Grantland special on Royce White's draft night party, you see his agent telling him that everyone was going to pass on him if the Rockets didn't draft him. They gave him a big opportunity that others weren't going to give him, and he is really making them pay for their risk.

Royce White Battles Anxiety on Draft Day | Hockumentary - YouTube

i don't know what his contract says. maybe it says he would be willing to take medication for his issue and since then he has gone back on that. if that's the deal, then shame on him. but just because he played for a rival doesn't mean i'll assume the worst.

it certainly looks bad though, and i hope for his sake he got some kind of degree, cause he sure ain't playing b-ball for a living.

What degree would that be? He's spent about 1.2 years in college.

What degree would that be? He's spent about 1.2 years in college.

well, he was in college for at least 3 years, right? now, he may not have taken it seriously and only have a little bit to show for it. here's an excerpt from an article i just read. not really sure what "protocol" he's looking for, unless that's code for "i get to make all the decision and you still pay me".

“There’s no mental health protocol here, for not only the Rockets but the entire league, really,” White said. “I expressed that that’s really unsafe if you think about it. So, basically, I’m fighting to have that rectified. I just don’t think it is OK or responsible or even logical to have GMs or any front office personnel have executive authority in medical situations.”

well, he was in college for at least 3 years, right? now, he may not have taken it seriously and only have a little bit to show for it. here's an excerpt from an article i just read. not really sure what "protocol" he's looking for, unless that's code for "i get to make all the decision and you still pay me".

“There’s no mental health protocol here, for not only the Rockets but the entire league, really,” White said. “I expressed that that’s really unsafe if you think about it. So, basically, I’m fighting to have that rectified. I just don’t think it is OK or responsible or even logical to have GMs or any front office personnel have executive authority in medical situations.”

Basically he's saying that even though my contract doesn't say I get time off for being crazy, it should, so I'm going to take time off for being crazy.

Oops, that was supposed to say 2.2 yrs. How long did he stay at Minny? I thought he was booted around semester? Not sure if he actually stayed in school up there, I suppose. Not that it matters, however: I'm quite sure he has no degree, and that opinion is solely based on reading some of his twitter page.

Basically he's saying that even though my contract doesn't say I get time off for being crazy, it should, so I'm going to take time off for being crazy.

obviously his contract isn't public, but i'd think the Rockets's lawyers had some very specific stipulations in the contract. i'm guessing he's playing the "mental health" card to try and get public sympathy.

I feel sorry for the guy. That video makes me squirm watching him. If as many think, he is playing his mental health card, I don't understand any motive for him to behave this way except to avoid panic attacks. Seriously, why can't he take a sedative and get on the plane and sleep. Of course then there may be addiction issues... I don't know honestly what they can do unless he is able to fly. Therapy and Meds and lots of it.

Latest posts