Roy Marble Sr Arrested in Cedar Rapids

Re: Roy Marble Arrested in Cedar Rapids

I also have been pulled over for the crime against humanity that is the burned out LP bulb, I got a warning and it didn't make the news.

This man needs to move to a city/state that doesn't pick on black people.

I feel sorry for this guy, if he lived downtown houston I guarantee his arrests would be at zero.

would you shut the he!! up? everything you say is racist. you're the reason the is still racism in the world. you didnt pick cotton, you werent a slave, no one owes you anything. quit being a piece of s#!t.

Usually a cop pulling over someone at midnight for a LPL out is looking for drunk drivers. Don't ya know nothing good happens after midnight?

would you shut the he!! up? everything you say is racist. you're the reason the is still racism in the world. you didnt pick cotton, you werent a slave, no one owes you anything. quit being a piece of s#!t.

YEAH! THATS RIGHT! YOU TELL HIM!

:rolleyes:

Not all CR PD, but I've heard enough stories to think there are some racist CR cops.

I've had a couple speeding tickets in my life(and I'm white), and I've never been asked if they can search my car, or if I would be willing to take the Breathalyzer. Not blatantly racist, but pretty obvious what they're trying to do.

I've heard some CR PD will pull out all the stops to bust minorities, not all, but some.

My buddy and I got pulled over driving through KC for license plate light out, both white males. They then proceeded to search us and the car on the side of the interstate. Claimed a lot of drugs came through there... I guess we looked like drug runners? After not finding anything I don't think they even gave him a fix-it ticket.

The Cedar Rapids city council needs to hire more police officers to beef up their poultry division. Anyone caught with more than 6 chickens in their back yard needs to be tracked down and brought to justice. The Gazette would be doing the public a great service by printing the names of these offenders. After all would you feel safe not knowing that there was a chicken hoarder living in your neighborhood. I'm sure that KCRG and KGAN will have news crews on standby to cover the back yard raids when they take place.

I take my previous post back. I shouldnt judge your situation and experiences based on the black friends that I have and their experiences.
I'm sorry that you have been on the recieving end of racist cops or people in general. That stuff drives me crazy and I call people out for it when I witness it.
Sorry for my response, again.

Aw the ole I have black friends so I know whats really going down routine. CLASSIC.

I don't recall commenting on the pressure felt by black men living in Iowa. Did he break the law or not? If the answer is yes, then I don't see how his race is relevant to the discussion. The last I checked it's illegal to have marijuana and an open can of beer in the car, just as it is illegal to drive w/o a drivers license.

So, as I said, maybe he should try not breaking the law. As long as somebody continues to break the law, white or black, they take the risk of being arrested. I don't really know why this should be a controversial opinion...?

And i dont ever remember commenting on Marble not breaking the law.

Aw the ole I have black friends so I know whats really going down routine. CLASSIC.

My best friend of 32 yrs is a black man. I do know whats really goin down. I guess if you dont believe it, thats your problem.
I have been standing next to him when he has experienced racism.
I have been in brawls because of it.
I have never been in his car when he was pulled over by the police.
He has been in my car when we were pulled over several times.
Of course there is racism in CR and everywhere else. To say that the cops are racists, is painting with a broad brush indeed.
Some people only see what they want to see, I guess.

edit: Are you from CR? I'd hate to think I was having this conversation with someone I know personally. Just curious.

Last edited:

And i dont ever remember commenting on Marble not breaking the law.

And 'round and 'round we go...You called me out when I suggested that a good way to not get yourself arrested is to not break the law.

It amazes me the things that people get offended by.

Congrats for you. Let me ask are you black? If not then how do you know the type of pressure black males face living in Iowa. I for one from personal experience can tell you that the cedar rapids police are some of the most racist people you will ever meet. They will pull you over just to talk to you and if they see something they like they dive in.

Ya know - I really grow bored and tired of seeing crap like this. Oh woa is me. It's getting to the point that whenever someone is pulled over or whatever/ no matter what race they are / that is all we seem to hear anymore. Grow up - if you arent breaking the law - what do you have to worry about.

Let's just assume for a minute - I am white and get pulled over by a black police officer - is that racial - my guess is that you would not see it that way. Maybe we can just go to only a white police officer can pull over a white driver / and a black officer can only pull over a black driver / and hispanic, and so on and so on.

My best friend of 32 yrs is a black man. I do know whats really goin down. I guess if you dont believe it, thats your problem.
I have been standing next to him when he has experienced racism.
I have been in brawls because of it.
I have never been in his car when he was pulled over by the police.
He has been in my car when we were pulled over several times.
Of course there is racism in CR and everywhere else. To say that the cops are racists, is painting with a broad brush indeed.
Some people only see what they want to see, I guess.

edit: Are you from CR? I'd hate to think I was having this conversation with someone I know personally. Just curious.

I think racism is a two way street my friend. It goes both ways. Which is too bad.

My apologies if this has offended anyone. This is the basketball forum - I will try to stick to that.

Latest posts