Roy Marble: Son confident despite shooting woes - thegazette.com

HawkeyeHypnosis

Roy Marble: Son confident despite shooting woes | TheGazette

From article:

“He has tough skin, but he’s no idiot,â€￾ Roy Marble said. “He can sense people are losing confidence in him themselves. I think right now is the first time he’s on a team where the fingers are pointing at him. I don’t hear anybody talking about anyone except him. But, again, that comes with the territory.

“He’s just got to be tough because right now he feels the whole world is coming down around him. I would be the same way if I was his age.â€￾

Roy Marble: Son confident despite shooting woes | TheGazette

From article:

“He has tough skin, but he’s no idiot,” Roy Marble said. “He can sense people are losing confidence in him themselves. I think right now is the first time he’s on a team where the fingers are pointing at him. I don’t hear anybody talking about anyone except him. But, again, that comes with the territory.

“He’s just got to be tough because right now he feels the whole world is coming down around him. I would be the same way if I was his age.”

Roy must not visit HN and the 7,506 threads on Oglesby

Turf toe is a tough injury. But he doesnt look confident when he is in games. I saw a few occasions where he drove the lane then stopped and looked to pass. Maybe he is hurt and doesnt have the explosion he is used too. Or maybe he is afraid he will miss. Either way, maybe shut him down for a couple weeks. He isnt helping.

On the bright side, I bet he doesnt declare for the NBA now.

What Roy Jr needs is another Marble. Someone to help take the heat. Right now we have nobody.... He will get that support next year. Either from current teammates stepping up, and/or the additions of Uthoff & Jok.

Roy is tough. He will come back just fine. Even if it is not this season....

On Iowa!

The problem with the B10 this year is there are no teams you can just beat the living crap out of. Even Penn State is physical with athletes. NW is probably the least athletic team so maybe RDM can get some confidence and get shots doing down. If he's hurt, that may not matter, but he just needs to keep shooting it. My disappointment with RDM was on the cut by Brust...he was in a daze and went half assed in my opinion. Regardless of the pick, he should have been able to make a play at the basket or alter his shot...he just trailed...unacceptable.

I'm sick of hearing about Marble. If he's hurt sit him. Thank God the bench players gave great effort Wednesday night.

What Roy Jr needs is another Marble. Someone to help take the heat. Right now we have nobody.... He will get that support next year. Either from current teammates stepping up, and/or the additions of Uthoff & Jok.

Roy is tough. He will come back just fine. Even if it is not this season....

On Iowa!
are you saying this team needs a pair of Marbles?

Devyn is an amazing 6 of 48 from the field in our close losses vs IU,PU,OSU,Minny,Wis....and did not play in our close loss to MSU....it is amazing to think what our record would be in the league if he had just hit 40% from the field in those games....ouch.

I hope he is healthier,and that Fran just hangs in there with him. We need him. As Roy said,he is not getting out of it sitting on the bench. I am sure he feels some pressure,but really,no one is shooting well on the team so it is not like he is the only problem.

Devyn is an amazing 6 of 48 from the field in our close losses vs IU,PU,OSU,Minny,Wis....and did not play in our close loss to MSU....it is amazing to think what our record would be in the league if he had just hit 40% from the field in those games....ouch.

I hope he is healthier,and that Fran just hangs in there with him. We need him. As Roy said,he is not getting out of it sitting on the bench. I am sure he feels some pressure,but really,no one is shooting well on the team so it is not like he is the only problem.

The team plays better with him on the bench.

The team plays better with him on the bench.

When he's not healthy. I don't think there's any questions that Devyn helps out this team when he's right. Something is definitely not right with him currently though, whether it be the turf toe or whatever. I feel really bad for him because I'm sure it's killing him not being able to contribute like he normally does. I really hope he gets back to his normal self soon. He didn't even play even close to as poorly as he is now when he was a frosh.

An off-the-record source told our sports editor that Marble is NOT hurt. He can't figure how Devyn has regressed so much, so fast, either. But it's not injury related. He thinks there could be something off the court that's been messing with Marble's head.

Just a hunch, but I think Marble will be returning to form soon. He showed up to availability today on the heels of a 2-hour workout right before practice. He said he did that over winter break before every practice or anytime the coaches were out recruiting, and then got away from it. He was all smiles today, seemingly in much better spirits than he has been for quite awhile. So maybe whatever was bugging him off the court (if that's what the problem was) has gotten resolved.

An off-the-record source told our sports editor that Marble is NOT hurt. He can't figure how Devyn has regressed so much, so fast, either. But it's not injury related. He thinks there could be something off the court that's been messing with Marble's head.

Just a hunch, but I think Marble will be returning to form soon. He showed up to availability today on the heels of a 2-hour workout right before practice. He said he did that over winter break before every practice or anytime the coaches were out recruiting, and then got away from it. He was all smiles today, seemingly in much better spirits than he has been for quite awhile. So maybe whatever was bugging him off the court (if that's what the problem was) has gotten resolved.

i'll take your word for it. he definitely hasn't been himself.

Latest posts