Roy Dev Has A Chance to Be Iowa's #2 All-Time Scorer

It is about time that somebody went back and brought back those old threads. I remember certain posters saying that Marble will be much better than Basabe before it is all done....and others who said he was a wasted scholarship.

I thought devyn would be good but I didn't think he would get this good. I think stormin once said that devyn would end up being the best player in his class.

The craziest part is how many he would have to average to pass his dad...29.1 ppg.

That just shows how great his dad was because devyn has been great for the hawks yet he is that far from his dad. Devyn started slow with his frosh year being mediocre.

The game was also a faster-paced game when Roy Marble played.

I was glad Marble came to Iowa but I never dreamed he would have this kind of career. Some of you need to let the hate go, there are star gazers on every site that feel if a player does not have 4 stars then he must suck. Heck, it was almost 4 years ago when he committed to Iowa most of those posters are probably long gone.

if anything, Marble is a lesson that some kids take time to develop. yes, thawki has rightly pointed out that some one here were quick to just throw him away. maybe those same folks can take a break on it when it comes to JO, Woodbury, and Clemmons. i know a message board is where you come to act tough and pretend you're smart, but i wish some could just settle down on the calling out of players. they can get better, you know.

Lets not forget, RDM was only 17 when he arrived on campus. In some instances, a full year younger than his classmates- 2 years younger than a redshirt frosh.

Aaron White will have more career points than Dev Marble as long as he doesn't get hurt. Mark it down. He is already at 850.

It's be kind of neat to have pops at number one and chip off the ol block at number two but averaging 20 next year will be tough within such a deep team with such a good team concept.

Aaron White will have more career points than Dev Marble as long as he doesn't get hurt. Mark it down. He is already at 850.

This is true, Aaron will almost definitely pass Devyn. It won't be as easy as you think, though. With another year of Marble, and the offensive emergences of Gesell, Woodbury, Jok and Uthoff his senior year, Aaron will be hard pressed to pass 1800. His game needs to grow exponentially.

Taken as a whole, this current team has the potential to blow the top ten up. Marble, White, Gesell all have a shot, with Woodbury, Uthoff and Jok in "wait-and-see" mode.

The game was also a faster-paced game when Roy Marble played.

I don't dispute that but he also had players like horton with him that could score too. To put up the numbers he did was crazy and there was a reason he was considered to be like jordan. If it weren't for drugs he would have been a solid nba player where as his son is borderline of getting drafted next yr (I think he has an outside chance that is why I call him borderline).

It's be kind of neat to have pops at number one and chip off the ol block at number two but averaging 20 next year will be tough within such a deep team with such a good team concept.

Agreed. But, he doesn't necessarily need to average 20. If we reach the NIT finals this season, and Dev scores 40 total points, coupled with a 37 game season next year (deep runs in both the BTT and NCAA), Dev need only average 17.1 next year.

Not outside the realm of possibility.

I am not so sure about that. He needs another player to get his shot for him. And gesell and woody and uthoff will probably be good enough scorers to take some of his opportunities away. I am not sold that he will increase his scoring average in his last two yrs and may even see it go down (not a lot but maybe a point or 2).

Not so sure about white having more points than marble. White can disappear for an entire game if he isn't getting transition points. He gets most of his points close to the basket off good passes to the baseline versus creating on his own which makes a lot of his scoring dependent on the rest of the team and the opponent. Harder to predict what he will score because of this. We shall see

Not so sure about white having more points than marble. White can disappear for an entire game if he isn't getting transition points. He gets most of his points close to the basket off good passes to the baseline versus creating on his own which makes a lot of his scoring dependent on the rest of the team and the opponent. Harder to predict what he will score because of this. We shall see

But White would have to disappear for a 1/2 of a season to not pass Marble. Marble only scored 178 points as a freshman while White score 389, Marble scored 402 as a sophomore while White has scored 466 points and still counting.

But White would have to disappear for a 1/2 of a season to not pass Marble. Marble only scored 178 points as a freshman while White score 389, Marble scored 402 as a sophomore while White has scored 466 points and still counting.

White might win the battle of career points based on fr/so seasons. Dev will have many more points in his jr/sr seasons than White will.

I love arguing who is going to score the most, instead of whether are leading scorer will transfer again.

Correct me if I am wrong but don't they get two games regardless. I understood that the NIT had a consolation game but I could be mistaken.

Latest posts