Roy Dev Has A Chance to Be Iowa's #2 All-Time Scorer

Correct me if I am wrong but don't they get two games regardless. I understood that the NIT had a consolation game but I could be mistaken.

I think it's been done away with. I couldn't find anything official, but there's no sign of one on the NIT official schedule.

I think he will definitely be in the top 5. That would be great that 40% of the top 5 scorers would be from the same family. This just shows how much he has grown as a player since many thought the only thing he was was a token scholly to a legacy of a great.

I saw his potential before his freshman year in the PTL, and compared him to Jake Kelley on the HawkCentral forum. I even joined Facebook to tell him that. I quit Facebook within a year, but we communicated a bit and it was cool.....

He has always reminded me of Jake Kelley, but much better now. As my man, Dakich says, he should be first team Big Ten next year.....

:)

I think it's been done away with. I couldn't find anything official, but there's no sign of one on the NIT official schedule.

I also think it is one and done. The audience for a consolation game in the NIT is very small, confined to fans of the schools playing.....

:)

White might win the battle of career points based on fr/so seasons. Dev will have many more points in his jr/sr seasons than White will.

This is an assumption rather than a fact. Dev's scoring average may not increase at all next year. We have a lot of weapons. He just has to take over at crunch time in a close game. If this happens and White continues to improve...highly likely base on his work ethic...White could easily be around Dev's numbers the next 2 years IMO.

This is an assumption rather than a fact. Dev's scoring average may not increase at all next year. We have a lot of weapons. He just has to take over at crunch time in a close game. If this happens and White continues to improve...highly likely base on his work ethic...White could easily be around Dev's numbers the next 2 years IMO.

White's numbers got better this yr but I don't think he improved much. His shooting is still terrible and he has no halfcourt game. Plus he can't really create his own shot. Guards typically dominate games and white has a lot of deficiencies. I think his improved numbers are because of our improved defense. He is getting out and running more this year and that is where he excels. But in the halfcourt he struggles. Plus the emergence of younger players will probably keep his numbers about where they are as I see his minutes staying at about 27 min or less, not because he is bad but because the bench is closer to being as good as he is. Especially with the addition of a player like uthoff who is actually more skilled than white as a 3.

White's numbers got better this yr but I don't think he improved much. His shooting is still terrible and he has no halfcourt game. Plus he can't really create his own shot. Guards typically dominate games and white has a lot of deficiencies. I think his improved numbers are because of our improved defense. He is getting out and running more this year and that is where he excels. But in the halfcourt he struggles. Plus the emergence of younger players will probably keep his numbers about where they are as I see his minutes staying at about 27 min or less, not because he is bad but because the bench is closer to being as good as he is. Especially with the addition of a player like uthoff who is actually more skilled than white as a 3.

The only number that really got better was minutes per game. Other than that, his stats/minute stayed essentially the same, if not a tad worse than last year.

Dude needs to put in work this summer. Flat out.

The only number that really got better was minutes per game. Other than that, his stats/minute stayed essentially the same, if not a tad worse than last year.

Dude needs to put in work this summer. Flat out.

Aaron needs to work on his mid-range jump shot and three pointers.....

And creating his own shot as Doc says....

Possibly, but I am hoping Jok will be ready to take on Marbles scoring load in 2 years. I like White, he gets the scrappy points and draws a lot of fouls but he really needs to develop that perimeter shot in the off season, especially if he ever hopes to play professionally. If he keeps shooting that bad from the perimeter the opposing teams will leave him wide open.

Possibly, but I am hoping Jok will be ready to take on Marbles scoring load in 2 years. I like White, he gets the scrappy points and draws a lot of fouls but he really needs to develop that perimeter shot in the off season, especially if he ever hopes to play professionally. If he keeps shooting that bad from the perimeter the opposing teams will leave him wide open.

I agree with all that say White has to improve his game...made the same types of comments in another thread related to White. I think he will do most if not all of these things. Fran will have a nice little chat with White (and every other player on the team) after the season and tell him exactly what needs to happen between now and next year.

Last edited:

Latest posts