Roster breakdown by weight and class

You would almost have to score it at the end of the year instead of weekly since schedules differ so much. At the end you could accumulate points for wins, pins, techs, majors, etc... Then if you wanted you could take the top few fantasy teams and use conference tournaments and nationals for the "playoffs." It would be a lot of fun but someone would have to do a lot of work at the end to get all of the data together... You would also have to figure out the fairest way to do the draft and how many teams you could limit it to.

anybody willing to do this lol??

You would almost have to score it at the end of the year instead of weekly since schedules differ so much. At the end you could accumulate points for wins, pins, techs, majors, etc... Then if you wanted you could take the top few fantasy teams and use conference tournaments and nationals for the "playoffs." It would be a lot of fun but someone would have to do a lot of work at the end to get all of the data together... You would also have to figure out the fairest way to do the draft and how many teams you could limit it to.

We have done multiple leagues the last 3 years or so at www.thewrestlingtalk.com; Lost borrowed the rules and scoring from our original league.

These are last years rules

The Basics
1. 14 teams in the league. 15 wrestlers per team. You'll start 11 wrestlers per week, one guy at each weight from 125-285 and then a "flex" guy from any weight you choose who will be eligible to score points at whatever weight he wrestles.

2. There isn't going to be head to head during the regular season. The standings will go strictly by total points scored.

The regular season will run up through Conferences. After Conferences the 4 highest scoring teams will advance to the finals during NCAA's, and we're also going to take two wild cards this year.

These wild cards will be the two highest scoring teams during Conference week that wouldn't already be going to the next round anyway. Come NCAA's I'll wipe the scores clean and it'll be a 6 way scramble for the championship.

3. 3 points for a win by decision, 4 for a major, 5 for a tech with back's and 6 for a pin. Same as we've done the last two years.

4. All dual meets count for points. Other events that will count for points will be the All Star Match, Kauffman Brand Open, Las Vegas, Reno, Midlands, Scuffle, Penn State Open, Michigan State Open, NC State Open, Body Bar Invitational, Navy Classic, and then our new additions this year the Brockport tournament, the EMU Open, and the Binghamton Open. (EDITED)

5. Wrestlers who win the Vegas, Reno, Midlands and Scuffle tournaments will get a ten point bonus added to their scores. Wrestlers who finish second in those tournaments will get five bonus points.

6. Wrestlers who win the Big 10 and Big 12 tournaments will get 16 bonus points added to their scores, those finishing second in these two tournaments will get 12 bonus points. The guys who win OW at those tournaments will also get 5 bonus points. All other conferences will have bonuses of 12 points for a championship and 8 points for a second.

7. Trades are permitted, free agency is not. We'll have a trading deadline this year of 2/18 (EDITED).

8. Supplemental will be back during the holiday weekend in its 3 round format.

New Rules/Changes
1. Keeper Rule will be the same as last year. I detailed it in the other thread. You keep a guy, he counts as your first rounder.

2. We're eliminating the rule where you don't get points if your wrestler bumps up a weight in a dual. If your wrestler wrestles in a dual and wins you get his points.

However if your wrestler bumps up and loses but his back up wins you don't get the back ups points.

The rule from last year where if your wrestler doesn't wrestle and his back up wins will stay the same. You will get those points just as long as someone else doesn't have the back up.

3. Back Ups will be eligible for tournaments this year. I meant for them to be eligible last year but the season got started before I could clarify. The difference between tournaments and duals however will be that in tournaments to get points from a back up you will have to specifically declare that back up in your line up for the week.

4. If your wrestler beats a guy in the D1CW Top 25 at a tournament that we don't score you'll get points for that.

5. If you trade a guy away, but then for some reason want him back you'll have to wait three weeks before you're able to trade back for him.

6. NCAA's will deviate from normal scoring. We will use official tournament scoring there, not the scoring that I detailed in the "Basics" section. All other tournaments will continue to be scored in the 3/4/5/6 format.

hoping you had an automated system worked out :)

i don't have the time or patience to do something like that

We are working on a program to make it more automated. The problem is you still have to input the scores from each individual school. Some report correctly and some do not via feeds.

o my lord that would take some SERIOUS time! it would be fun to do something with ppl here at hnation

Well! we been hawkeyes fans forever- it might come to a end- maybe time will tell when my 125# National Champ picks his College. he could push anyone of the iowa wrestlers and possibly take either 125-133 from either one. he's tough as hell but if Iowa miss out on him- your guys at either weight better be ready for one hell of a fight- this guy dosent give into anybody-and it dosent matter who it is. he has 1yr left at Iowa Central and theres been tons of schools wanting him - i could tell you who but time will tell. the phone calls and vist and home vist are going crazy- so might want to put a bug in someone in Iowa city. hope it happens but if it dosent whoever at that weight will pay! it no threat-he proves it on the mat- thats were it happens!!!! later

Uh.....OK, dallas. That must be McD cowering over in the corner and Moore cowering in the other one and Ramos is so scared he left the building. This is Chuck Norris you're talking about coming in and kicking A**, right?

no! just letting everyone know that he's knocking on the door and is hungry for the next level. he dominated his class and will have alot of fun in D-1 it will take right off where he left.

Latest posts