Roster as of 6/07/10

That quote about not recruiting anymore guards was confusing. It had me worried at the time as it seemed to show Fran wasn't getting it like Lick never got it. With Cartwright signing I don't know if it was just miscommunciation or something else. Something to pay attention to going forward.

I must say that I think McCarty could still play a role on the team. If he shows he can compete he may get minutes outright although I must admit that that possibility is smaller now that Cartwright is signed. However, it is pretty likely that even if Cartwright and Payne beat him out he would still contribute...it just takes one turned ankle. Fran will want to play more people plain and simple.

Fran may have stated that they weren't going after anyone NEW and had already been recruiting Cartwright via Speraw. that would make sense I think the Salter,Ware stuff was still hanging around when McCarty agreed to play for us also. Now if we get Murphy,and we WERE looking at him also before we even heard about McCarty. who knows if you wanna be a HAWK you have the chance,cant promise a walk-on anymore than that.

Last edited:
Not sure but it kinda looks like coach SP, with his connections might have been working on Cartwright from the beginning. I dont know this but it has been implied.

Latest posts